Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW DMX - Exodus

I got the vibe that X gave all that he could and struggle writing or performing more verses which is why Switz probably tried to hide this with a bunch of features

i get that vibe too....it should be a 7 song project or Swizz really should've sat with it to make the verses he had from X work with the songs even if that takes the next few years to figure out.....I feel like Irv or Dame would've done that for his friend......he'd really really sit down with and coordinate it to make the best DMX project since IDHH or FMF

Listened to the album two more times. It got better the more I listened to it. Only two songs I didnt like. Wayne and Moneybagg songs. Everything else was good imo. "Hold me down" is a REALLY good song and got better the more I heard it. Same w "Skyscraper". I'm happy they did this. On some grown shit...I got really sad listening to this shit yesterday. That nigga X is really gone and this the last album that he actually recorded and put together.

Hood Blues, Take Control, and Walking in the Rain should've been the vibe of the album. The 2nd half is way better than the first half.

Swizz tried to bring the energy w the first half. But it came off awkward w the Wayne and moneybagg features. The 2nd half had a more natural X vibe. If u listen to most X albums. They start off w the energy/hard records first, then get into the introspective shit later on. I think they tried to stick to that formula, but didnt have the right records for it.

Soooo I've had a chance to really listen to this album...ran it back 3 times

It's not quite as good I thought it was on the first listen...I think I was just excited about it

Hood Blues is still my favorite joint...them Griselda boys snapped

A strong second for me is still Take Control...I love the Sexual Healing sample

X just didn't have that fire in his belly for this...understandable

Could've been a much better album if someone else produced it...it was alright tho

Back