Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW DMX - Exodus

If tracks 7-12 led the album it would of had a much better feel to it. As it stands it feels like they wasnt sure the direction to take the album so swizz just winged it and it feels incomplete. Ill give it few more spins.

I was afraid I might not be feeling the album and tbh Im not overly struck on it...

Letter To My Son and Skyscrapers are cool and GxFR killed Hood Blues but the beats sound pretty repetitive and I dont think the audio quality is great either... At times it sounds like X laid his verses before hearing the beats, I know in the old RR days X usually wrote to the beat...

Still, I will support the album....

Swizz Beatz going to adlib on the tracks he's featuring on? I hope not, tbh.
I mean I didn't wanna say it but...cosign. I can definitely do w/o his adlibs
If tracks 7-12 led the album it would of had a much better feel to it. As it stands it feels like they wasnt sure the direction to take the album so swizz just winged it and it feels incomplete. Ill give it few more spins.

Yeah, I know Swizz is a real friend and always looked out for X no matter what but Im not a massive fan of his horns and beats, they are cool for lead singles and party songs but not every track...

I wanted a more introspective/deep X with some grimey type GxFR beats and verses... I think the current popularity of grimey NY hip hop would have really suited X's style, as he helped bring that hard/grimey sound back to NY when it was all shinny suits...

Sheek trash. Just trash

Bath salts order was the perfect order of verses. Should have kept Jada verse also

Wayne skated as he normally does. These beats to easy for him. Top 5

Could have saved that MBY verse or production. I wanna say the production

Every track don't need adlibs yo. I can't enjoy this Keys track. To much background chatter from X and Swizz

Skyscrapers sounded better than I imagined. Drop it as a single immediately

WSG was impressive. Should have dropped X verse right after his. Ben and Con was as nice as ever

X and Snoop should have done more tracks together. Smoothest track on the album

Nas got the best verse on the album. Easily tied for the best track with Hood Blues. X did his thing

Letter to my son was some real shit. X aint get enough off his chest. Should have went another verse. Beat dope af tho

Overall it's like a 3-3.5.

Wanted X to shine more but it is what it is. Good ending to his catalog and a good send off.

Yeah that Jay verse was subpar af. I could've lived w/o tracks 2-4, and I would've liked to have at least 1-2 more songs where X got in his spiritual/introspective/real life bag. The rest of the album is dope though.

Back