Who you got?

• Diddy

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • JD

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lol, so basically this won't be hit for hit

It'll be how people FEEL about Diddy's involvement towards a hit vs how they FEEL about JD's involvement in a hit...

This shit is all about feelings

Basically
Because objectively we all can agree Diddy IS just a figurehead and marketing genius....a glorified A&R,
who attaches himself to talent but because of how people personally feel about him and the image he has cultivated for himself over the years, they will let him slide with receiving the credit off of others back

At the same time make excuses for Diddy being the modern day version of them old 40's/50's/60's cacs that would throw their name on a record and take credit AND money away from black artist.

Really!?!?...................

:pause:

Lol, so basically this won't be hit for hit

It'll be how people FEEL about Diddy's involvement towards a hit vs how they FEEL about JD's involvement in a hit...

This shit is all about feelings

Lol What Vs battle isn't about feelings? There is no objective measure for which hit is better. It's all just based on opinion. And the involvement argument is separate from the debate about who wins the battle. The involvement argument jumped off because some people were acting like JD didn't even deserve to be mentioned beside Puff.

JD had a great run. Puff changed the culture and shifted the paradigm w his catalog. There’s a difference. I’m not gon shit on JD to prop up puff. But puff catalog is different. Puff can compete w JD R&B shit, but JD can’t compete w puff hip hop shit. What is JD supposed to do when puff go into his biggie bag. “Victory”, “Benjamins” “Been around the world” etc. puff got an answer for ALL of JD stuff, can’t say the same for JD.

If you ask me which music I enjoyed more from Bad Boy or SoSoDef ... Especially in the late 90s to early 2000s

The former ...

I know the Hitmen laid all the actual work in the studio but the way they flipped them 70s disco joints into hard ass club joints was just incredible...

Mo' money Mo' problems is a generic Diana Ross sample... But that shit is just undeniable... Anytime, .. anyplace

All About The Benjy's? Shiiiiiit...

Dupri's biggest rap act was Da Brat ... He made fame and fortune ironically in RnB with Usher and Mariah...

one day we gonna have a convo about how bad of a rapper RZA is
He'll start off a bar like he's about to go in but the verse ends up being forgettable nonsense.

He prolly has like 2 or 3 verses in his whole catalog that I fucks with.

He'll start off a bar like he's about to go in but the verse ends up being forgettable nonsense.

He prolly has like 2 or 3 verses in his whole catalog that I fucks with.
lol just raps words worse than Eminem because RZA be packing too many words in the bar and it hardly ever sounds good

No flow at all

niggas used to listen to that and be like wowww man

okay back to Diddy/Dupri!

Back