Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Did Lavar Ball Deserve To Be Banned?

Did He Deserve To Get Banned?

• Yea he was outta pocket

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I see what you're saying but that doesn't really make sense lol.

Harassment is something that only becomes a thing if the person who experienced it says it was a thing.

You're not gonna report it if you didnt think it was offensive.

You're proving my point though.

It's still subjective.

Just because someone is offended...........doesn't necessarily mean the other person actually did something to offend them.

The problem is, we've allowed harassment to be things that aren't really harassment.

Back in the day, there was a more universal understanding of what harassment is.

Grabbing a chick's ass, saying she has nice tits, talking about what you'd like to do to her, etc.

Now, however, things that aren't nearly as graphic are being interpreted as harassment when they really aren't.

And it has more to do with the person who's allegedly "harassing" rather than the actual act itself.

Basically, most of this new age harassment depends on whether or not the chick likes the dude that's "harassing" her.

All goes back to my old workplace analogy:

Dude she likes: "Damn girl, that ass is looking right in that dress!!!"

Chick: *blushes and giggles*

49yr old fat dude: "Good morning.......you look nice today."

Chick: *reports him to HR*

It's still subjective.

Just because someone is offended...........doesn't necessarily mean the other person actually did something to offend them.

The problem is, we've allowed harassment to be things that aren't really harassment.

Back in the day, there was a more universal understanding of what harassment is.

Grabbing a chick's ass, saying she has nice tits, talking about what you'd like to do to her, etc.

Now, however, things that aren't nearly as graphic are being interpreted as harassment when they really aren't.

And it has more to do with the person who's allegedly "harassing" rather than the actual act itself.

Basically, most of this new age harassment depends on whether or not the chick likes the dude that's "harassing" her.

This is extreme lol

Harassment ain't all that subjective b. Weak niggas just mad they can't do what strong niggas can. Period

@deadeye would you call racist acts subjective? Your argument is sounding a lot like the closet racists whenever a black person is offended by something.

Edit: Edited for clarity.

Last edited:
This is extreme lol

Harassment ain't all that subjective b. Weak niggas just mad they can't do what strong niggas can. Period

I agree.

Harassment wasn't always as subjective as it is now.

Simply because, like I said earlier, there was a clearer definition of what actually constituted harassment.

And yes........that was an extreme example.

Unfortunately, however, similar "extreme" scenarios are becoming more and more commonplace in this day and age.

Look what just happened to Cuba Gooding Jr.

Based on the video footage, there was no justification for him to be arrested and perp-walked.

@deadeye would you call racism subjective? Your argument is sounding a lot like the closet racists whenever a black person is offended by something.

False equivalency.

How?

Edit: I should have used "racist acts" instead of racism in my initial question. If that's what caused the confusion.

Ok, glad I saw the edit before I responded.

In that case, racist acts.......if you're referring to acts of violence, discrimination, etc..........are not subjective in my opinion.

Therefore, it's different than the harassment scenario because those racist acts aren't going to be deemed racist based on how much the victim likes/dislikes the person subjecting them to those acts of racism.

It's going to be based solely on those acts.

Ok, glad I saw the edit before I responded.

In that case, racist acts.......if you're referring to acts of violence, discrimination, etc..........are not subjective in my opinion.

Therefore, it's different than the harassment scenario because those racist acts aren't going to be deemed racist based on how much the victim likes/dislikes the person subjecting them to those acts of racism.

It's going to be based solely on those acts.

I can't agree that this true but we're getting away from what this thread is about.

It's still subjective.

That's what I'm saying tho. It's still up to who experienced it to say if they were violated or harassed or whatever. It's never not been that way lol. No one is getting punished if no one reports anything.
I'd argue that things are more defined now than they were back then.

Who knows maybe tv shit wasnt the only thing. Maybe lavar was cutting up in the break room before they went on air and that was the last straw. *shrug*

That's the problem.

Too subjective.

Harassment should be strong enough to stand on it's own.

It shouldn't be determined by whether or not someone "decides" they were harassed.
because it leaves too much on how the person really feels about you vs if it was really harassment.
if it was someone she was feeling...it would be overlooked and almost welcomed.

This is extreme lol

as whats weak and strong is subjective.
but whats not subjective is tall and short.

It's still subjective.

That’s an extreme example. But yes people always put with more mess from people they like

@deadeye would you call racist acts subjective? Your argument is sounding a lot like the closet racists whenever a black person is offended by something.

Edit: Edited for clarity.

Lol that’s all his arguments. He one of those anti sjw anti feminist type. Making up stories about how if you say hi to a chick she gonna accuse you of rape. No real logic

So if you out and an attractive girl grabs your dick without your consent that’s harassment but it’s up to you to feel offended. If I react differently due to unattractive woman doing the same thing then how can you tell me I wasn’t harassed?

Back