Welcome To aBlackWeb

Did integration hurt or help us as black people?

and it was significantly smaller than anything going on outside our own community, but it was ours....

now imagine if that had been allowed to grow 20-30 40 years.....

that would be a black mecca that is significantly better than any black community in america right now....

the whole point is any moves we make together are going to do more than things we do solo....

niggaz keep laughing at the thgouht of an all black owned league...

but can't see that majority of these leagues are dominated by blacks to begin with....

"allowed " being the key word in that sentence. Spoiler alert.... black wall street didn't end well.

It was an illusion of autonomy and equality that was essentially destroyed in the course of a week when the people who were really in control decided to put a stop to it. It wasn't the first or the last time they did that so I'm not sure how that model stands as anything other than a cautionary tale.

Hurt us for sure. We essentially lost ourselves in euro american culture. With integration came a sort of dependence of white american since they owned everything.

Who owned everything during segregation? White people. They could easily just take or destroy shit. Honestly they can still do that. I really dont see how staying separate wouldve have benefitted us.

Hurt overall, Asians are practically segregated and look at them and we have have a higher GDP... but I can see due to certain situations happening with the majority (voting, marches, Acts being passed) how one can say no

It's hurt us as a community, because of integration we lost are chance to get resources to compete. (The Civil Rights movement failed.) Look at the Asians and the Latinos. They have resources. We are WAY behind.

A book ya'll should checkout is called Powernomics by Dr. Claude Anderson. He breaks the whole thing down. You can check out videos of him on youtube.

I haven't read the whole thread.. but before I do im gonna leave this comment then go read all yalls posts...

In my mind desegregation was trying to bust up the whole "Separate but Equal" shit.. yeah we may have been separate back then but one of the main factors was the SCHOOLS not being equal... and how are we going to climb that ladder if we cant get a proper education? aint nobody trying to eat they bland ass food in THEIR restaurants anyway...

without hearing the rest of yalls arguments im gonna say it hurt more than it helped... we needed that time to build with each other and make our own way imo... in the same breath.. no other minority has had to deal with the same shit we've had to... so even if we did.. they might have put up even more roadblocks for us...

Interested to see how yall feel about it as I go back and read your responses

When yall bring up other groups who benefitted after intergration? Because they wernt doing great before intergration. Before intergration was our quality of life that much better? Because we can have unity without having to live in the black side of town.

When yall bring up other groups who benefitted after intergration? Because they wernt doing great before intergration. Before intergration was our quality of life that much better? Because we can have unity without having to live in the black side of town.

this is all that matters.

the next question is why do people think we need to stay within our own?

as much as we do already....how come the hoods are still the hoods?

before we blame white people.....how many are trying to take care of the hoods? fix it up, own the cheap property, start businesses?

white people stopping all that? but what about the niggas with expensive cars driving thru the hoods?

where are all these $100k a year making niggas when you need them? or is that only for stunting purposes?

so another question is ...not if its hurting or helping...but are we doing what we need to do to rise above it when we have shown we have the money to do it.

Back