Welcome To aBlackWeb

Did integration hurt or help us as black people?

Because a lot of other groups didn't grow complacent. If they couldn't be approved for a bank loan like a lot of new immigrants are everyday then they pool their money together no matter how they get it (legal or illegal). These habibis move in packs like 4 or 5 put money together buy a bodega and run it themselves. I see dominicans do it all the time too and the oriental asians. It's never too late for black americans to start to do the same.

This question ignores the fact that there are still plenty of segregated schools, neighborhoods, busses, malls and whatever in this country.

And the non-white ones usually lean to the shittier side of the spectrum.

Hurt ,basically it's just the illusion of integration but the damaging effect of it is very real..because whites and blacks don't typically live in the same neighborhoods... I mean there is a smattering.. and even when we goto the same schools they are sometimes separated for a number of reason and with that white flight/ gentrification.. that reveals the illusion

And the obvious is that when we integrated that aided in the erosion of our sense of community. Instead of fighting our fight we aspired to be included which was largely a mirage
The state of race relations in this country is in shambles on a macro level.. state of education, healthcare home ownership, the way they set up black and minority communities with housing project's zoning laws that differ from white communities is a stsrk difference soo on and so forth... but we are here now..you cant put it back in the box... but we can still work towards strengthening us.... you know where it starts

answer me this.

if you grew up in a close family.....when you got old enough you moved out. then the same for your siblings.

some of you will do good and some will do not so good.

but....just because 1 moves to the west coast, 1 moves to europe and 1 moves to the south.

are yall still a family?

why? outside of having the same parents...at this point you dont need each other. right? but you would still help each other out if needed , right?

so why does location matter when it comes to black people?

we know who we are and why cant we move where we feel like it?

again ...the strength of the mind starts at home.

Because a lot of other groups didn't grow complacent. If they couldn't be approved for a bank loan like a lot of new immigrants are everyday then they pool their money together no matter how they get it (legal or illegal). These habibis move in packs like 4 or 5 put money together buy a bodega and run it themselves. I see dominicans do it all the time too and the oriental asians. It's never too late for black americans to start to do the same.
but like i always said.....its not about starting businesses....its about the image.

niggas want to drive around looking nice and have people seeing them collect checks....but they dont want to do the work to be the boss. they just want someone to give them boss status.

a bodega is an honorable job. they feeding they family. but niggas want to hang outside the bodega but not own one. but they there all day.

while i always promote dreaming big....you have to start small to get to big.

and on top of that...they always fucking with these people and dont demand good customer service.

at some point....we need to deal with whos in the mirror before we walk out the house.

I think that we might be romanticizing the era of segregation a bit here. I have never experienced being refused entry to a restaurant or bathroom etc because of my skin color. But the elder AA sacrificed a lot for integration to happen. We've all seen those images of the marches with dogs sicced on them and the water hoses. I don't think they would have fought so hard if things were all rosy. We certainly have a lot of work to do but I'm not sure going back to segregation would solve anything.

This question ignores the fact that there are still plenty of segregated schools, neighborhoods, busses, malls and whatever in this country.

And the non-white ones usually lean to the shittier side of the spectrum.
ok....we get the shittier side.....ok...ill give you that.

but heres the thing...

niggas claim that education dont matter in the workforce. but then say we getting the shittier side of something we dont need.

how is that possible or even important?

ok.....how about this....there are places in the world where people are not promised an education. places where if you dont have the money...you aint going to learn.

so at least people here in the US are getting an education. you are learning the system but you are also able to do research on your own to become better.

but is that asking too much?

i can bring 30 Haitians and Dominicans to the US and they will gladly go to those shitty education giving school to learn shit knowledge vs no knowledge.

answer me this.

if you grew up in a close family.....when you got old enough you moved out. then the same for your siblings.

some of you will do good and some will do not so good.

but....just because 1 moves to the west coast, 1 moves to europe and 1 moves to the south.

are yall still a family?

why? outside of having the same parents...at this point you dont need each other. right? but you would still help each other out if needed , right?

so why does location matter when it comes to black people?

we know who we are and why cant we move where we feel like it?

again ...the strength of the mind starts at home.

I closed my post the same way you did i dont see a difference i just listed some conditions and factors.. and as far as moving.. that shit is a hell of a task to undertake.. i dont feel like explaining why its not easy to pick up and move.. for some...but i agree with the sentiment .But i can see how people can wind up stuck... (even before complacency starts) like i alway say you can blame for the conditions but not your actions.. and to that point im just speaking to the fuckarounds... not the people grinding and putting their foot forward

I think that we might be romanticizing the era of segregation a bit here. I have never experienced being refused entry to a restaurant or bathroom etc because of my skin color. But the elder AA sacrificed a lot for integration to happen. We've all seen those images of the marches with dogs sicced on them and the water hoses. I don't think they would have fought so hard if things were all rosy. We certainly have a lot of work to do but I'm not sure going back to segregation would solve anything.

Agree, we cant go back.. we are here now. No one said it was a rosy utopia... the period of reconstruction when people were living their lives after the emancipation was 100 years of brutality.. through those times there was separate but equal... we had burgeoning communities. I just think that integration...well the false implementation of it stagnated us among other things. The hearts and minds of many havent changed.. the ideology of hate hasnt died off... There are structural barriers that have been implemented/constructed to try to hamstring us in this quest towards integration people say the system.. the system.. its the people..the people are the system. those barriers are no reason to not put your best foot forward but they are there.. I hate when people say but" its 2018 i can't believe..." but to throw them a bone... but its 2018.. if acceptance.... NOT tolerance was in peoples hearts integration would be more than just an ideal or aspiration

You can't have it both ways.

You can't say shit starts at home, then advocate for splitting that home up.

Progress comes from struggle. Folk who have to work for shit appreciate it more. Most of the positive and family oriented morals of black folk come from the segregated past of our culture.

How entire identity came from when we still shared that village mentality.

Now it's gone, segregation killed that.

No one gives a fuck about the community no more. No one shows love like we used to.... And we all notice it....dos was just disgusted with a chick being brutalized in a video the other day..
When there is no more sense of community, no more looking out for one another. No love being pushed, that family structure.. That respect... That togetherness that we shared as a people...... When that shit is gone.... You get shit like that video....

We don't love ourselves like we used to cuz we lost our identity.

No one can agree on what's black today.

Anything I consider inherently black.... Guaranteed some nigga will challenge it......

Niggaz hate standing together these days...... Integration did that shit.....

At least we shared a common enemy then..... Now we treat our own like the enemy.....

We talk about the police.... Who we harder on??

What make you madder.... Bunch of white boys acting a fool

Or a bunch of Niggaz....

Everytime shit pop off

"Niggaz done set us back 400 years"
:scust1:

I closed my post the same way you did i dont see a difference i just listed some conditions and factors.. and as far as moving.. that shit is a hell of a task to undertake.. i dont feel like explaining why its not easy to pick up and move.. for some...but i agree with the sentiment .But i can see how people can wind up stuck... (even before complacency starts) like i alway say you can blame for the conditions but not your actions.. and to that point im just speaking to the fuckarounds... not the people grinding and putting their foot forward

Agree, we cant go back.. we are here now. No one said it was a rosy utopia... the period of reconstruction when people were living their lives after the emancipation was 100 years of brutality.. through those times there was separate but equal... we had burgeoning communities. I just think that integration...well the false implementation of it stagnated us among other things. The hearts and minds of many havent changed.. the ideology of hate hasnt died off... There are structural barriers that have been implemented/constructed to try to hamstring us in this quest towards integration people say the system.. the system.. its the people..the people are the system. those barriers are no reason to not put your best foot forward but they are there.. I hate when people say but" its 2018 i can't believe..." but to throw them a bone... but its 2018.. if acceptance.... NOT tolerance was in peoples hearts integration would be more than just an ideal or aspiration

i can agree.

but i still say....mentality.

the need to show we got it and got so much of it we can throw it away.

thats why strip clubs are crazy....bottle service? VIP? for what? to show you have money.

why you think they put the sparklers on top....to draw attention to a nigga needing his ego fed.

now....i am not talking about people who are celebrating and splurging for a moment. but niggas be overdoing the shit.

i am not saying i am 100% right...but i see so many issues that are easy fixes....but people cant let go of the attention,.

You can't have it both ways.

You can't say shit starts at home, then advocate for splitting that home up.

Progress comes from struggle. Folk who have to work for shit appreciate it more. Most of the positive and family oriented morals of black folk come from the segregated past of our culture.

How entire identity came from when we still shared that village mentality.

Now it's gone, segregation killed that.

No one gives a fuck about the community no more. No one shows love like we used to.... And we all notice it....dos was just disgusted with a chick being brutalized in a video the other day..
When there is no more sense of community, no more looking out for one another. No love being pushed, that family structure.. That respect... That togetherness that we shared as a people...... When that shit is gone.... You get shit like that video....

We don't love ourselves like we used to cuz we lost our identity.

No one can agree on what's black today.

Anything I consider inherently black.... Guaranteed some nigga will challenge it......

Niggaz hate standing together these days...... Integration did that shit.....

At least we shared a common enemy then..... Now we treat our own like the enemy.....

We talk about the police.... Who we harder on??

What make you madder.... Bunch of white boys acting a fool

Or a bunch of Niggaz....

Everytime shit pop off

"Niggaz done set us back 400 years"
:scust1:
as you usually do....you come shut it down.

props my nigga

i can agree.

but i still say....mentality.

the need to show we got it and got so much of it we can throw it away.

thats why strip clubs are crazy....bottle service? VIP? for what? to show you have money.

why you think they put the sparklers on top....to draw attention to a nigga needing his ego fed.

now....i am not talking about people who are celebrating and splurging for a moment. but niggas be overdoing the shit.

i am not saying i am 100% right...but i see so many issues that are easy fixes....but people cant let go of the attention,.
Cuz there was a time when showing your money off was a party for the whole community.

We a happy people, we like to have fun, throw parties, sing, dance, wear crazy shit, laugh, eat... That's us..... That's what we take joy in....

Money itself was never the motive..... Mad rich folk recall having more fun when they was poor.....

It's the togetherness that matters.... But once Niggaz start breaking from that ideology... Motives changed... Now Niggaz want just for the sake of wanting.....

That was never us.... That was them.... But we wanna be like them now

i think we can still be a community without living together..

why do we come together for black bike weekend or howard homecoming or essence fest and alot of times shit dont really pop off. i mean shit happens but for the most part its niggas nigging.

we divide ourselves too much and we think we know it all without listening.

light skin vs dark skin
hood raised vs suburb raised
latest fashion vs walmart clothes

thats just to name a few.....are we all still not black?

since white people may have started it, why are we continuing it?

who told you or made you keep up this mentality?

as you usually do....you come shut it down.

props my nigga
I'm just saying....

The whole mindset of looking out for your people, or breaking bread with the family.

Ask yourself, where does that come from?

It's definitely not a every man for themselves up bringing

i think we can still be a community without living together..

why do we come together for black bike weekend or howard homecoming or essence fest and alot of times shit dont really pop off. i mean shit happens but for the most part its niggas nigging.

we divide ourselves too much and we think we know it all without listening.

light skin vs dark skin
hood raised vs suburb raised
latest fashion vs walmart clothes

thats just to name a few.....are we all still not black?

since white people may have started it, why are we continuing it?

who told you or made you keep up this mentality?
Trust me I know.

Every year we do a all years reunion for my high school.

It's a legit great event. And we spend a lot of money on it....

But check what we really doing.... With my school reunion, bike week as you mentioned.... We spending dumb crazy ass money just to buy back the illusion of black people being happy, partying, drinking, eating, laughing, having fun together....

Like we look forward to that shit all year....

Like my nigga.... We can still live that shit v every day.... But Niggaz rather deal with them people's

Cuz there was a time when showing your money off was a party for the whole community.

We a happy people, we like to have fun, throw parties, sing, dance, wear crazy shit, laugh, eat... That's us..... That's what we take joy in....

Money itself was never the motive..... Mad rich folk recall having more fun when they was poor.....

It's the togetherness that matters.... But once Niggaz start breaking from that ideology... Motives changed... Now Niggaz want just for the sake of wanting.....

That was never us.... That was them.... But we wanna be like them now
shit showing off your money now is stuntin and you are plotted on.

so niggas try to show they still got it and got a crew with them to keep the wolves off of them.

when did we lose the unity?

when did we lose the niggas that made it out was looked up to?

when did we lose the niggas that made it out came back to look out and help?

now...more than not....i see niggas in the poor hoods not helping but showing they got it.

niggas that like to give a nigga a little to keep him dependent and not teach him to get his own.

i hate that shit.

niggas not teaching and want to be the nigga who knows it all.

I'm just saying....

The whole mindset of looking out for your people, or breaking bread with the family.

Ask yourself, where does that come from?

It's definitely not a every man for themselves up bringing
there was a time when we didnt have a choice.

no matter who was where ...we still had to come together.

our strongest bond was once family then community.

families turning on each other and the community is broken and ran by fuck niggas.

Drugs killed the community literally an figuratively.. false integration didnt help either the way forward is stability..

its crazy because many celebrate the same shit that kills many thats some psychologically arresting shit. i dont have to list the things that are celebrated..

How you think,how you talk, how you act affects how you live. also is the building blocks of a "system"/environment/ecology (the thoughts, the words become actions/policies on the macro level)

no matter where you are at and who you are

whether you are the president,some racist cracker, just an every day joe putting their foot forward.. or the fuck around.

Last edited:
Trust me I know.

Every year we do a all years reunion for my high school.

It's a legit great event. And we spend a lot of money on it....

But check what we really doing.... With my school reunion, bike week as you mentioned.... We spending dumb crazy ass money just to buy back the illusion of black people being happy, partying, drinking, eating, laughing, having fun together....

Like we look forward to that shit all year....

Like my nigga.... We can still live that shit v every day.... But Niggaz rather deal with them people's
i feel you...

but why buy back the illusion when that can be a reality?

we have to show our kids and those behind us...that we can HAVE.

we can stop gentrification. if white flight is a thing.....fuck it...use it to our advantage. push them the fuck out.

i was just having a talk with some guys the other day who was talking about how philly is changing.
so i said...rather than buying a $55k car.....thats two houses right there. if ten of us did that...thats 20 houses if enough of us, get enough houses....we can stop the gentrification of the poor hoods. and with white flight, we rent those homes out and all the home owners move to the burbs. enough of us come....then the white people will move. but if we dont sell the homes in the hood, then they moved from the immediate burbs...they have no chance but to move further out. and we can control those stores and shops and communities,.

not once did they think of shit like i presented. they gave a bunch of what could go wrongs...and some were very legit. but i asked them...why do we always have to be ran out? we are all not poor and we have people with money that can stop and control alot of shit.

man i have enormous plans for my people.

Are we not trying to get back to where we started though?

Is there not a push for Black owned, black girl magic, better black community.

Like integration introduced the idea of being the shit by being the only black family on the block....

Now we want more black faces on the same blocks....

And we can get it....

I just feel like integration made us rush to focus on things we could have worked towards in our own time.

We had a stronger sense of community then, and now that we're all divided, it's a struggle trying to get it back

Back