Welcome To aBlackWeb

DeShaun Watson’s Legal Saga. Final Ruling: Suspended 11 games for the 2022 Season, fined $5M

Just an observation of her hypocrisy.

She acts like she's this pro-black, woke media personality.......but, every chance she gets, she's always throwing a black man under the bus.

Never misses an opportunity to do so.

And before anyone brings up her support of Kaepernick, that's the exception.........not the norm for her.
I see cacs saying “but but Kaepernick” these were the same ones that disagreed with his reasons for kneeling but are now using Kap to take a phony moral stance against Watson.

Just an observation of her hypocrisy.

She acts like she's this pro-black, woke media personality.......but, every chance she gets, she's always throwing a black man under the bus.

Never misses an opportunity to do so.

And before anyone brings up her support of Kaepernick, that's the exception.........not the norm for her.
To piggy back on this, and let me say I have no real opinion on Jemele and only going by this particular article, she certainly missed an opportunity to call out others in similar situations

She mentions Hernandez, Tyrese Hill, and Watson as a proof positive the league only cares about players who are 'talented' but failed to site any earlier instances that would have strengthened her argument such as Big Ben (who settled 2 rapes cases), Ritchie Incognito (bullying and racist attacks against teammates and trainers), and many others

Just now noticing how she edited that tweet too.
I think that tweet you quoted was from someone at the athletic.

The one I posted was actually from her so she didn't edit anything but I'm too lazy to look so please correct me if I'm mistaken

To piggy back on this, and let me say I have no real opinion on Jemele and only going by this particular article, she certainly missed an opportunity to call out others in similar situations

She mentions Hernandez, Tyrese Hill, and Watson as a proof positive the league only cares about players who are 'talented' but failed to site any earlier instances that would have strengthened her argument such as Big Ben (who settled 2 rapes cases), Ritchie Incognito (bullying and racist attacks against teammates and trainers), and many others

Honest question. Would her having written about and spoken about on TV in the past mean anything or must she bring up someone like Ben Rapelisburger everytime she makes a criticism of another athletes off field behavior?

I think that tweet you quoted was from someone at the athletic.

The one I posted was actually from her so she didn't edit anything but I'm too lazy to look so please correct me if I'm mistaken

You're right she didn't edit anything. Anything deadeye says about Jemele Hill comes from this weird dislike he's had for her for years. Just search his name and comments about her. It's weird as hell.

TALK

she certainly missed an opportunity to call out others in similar situations
She mentions Hernandez, Tyrese Hill, and Watson as a proof positive the league only cares about players who are 'talented' but failed to site any earlier instances that would have strengthened her argument such as Big Ben (who settled 2 rapes cases), Ritchie Incognito (bullying and racist attacks against teammates and trainers), and many others[/QUOTE]

Oprah there it is clip.gif

@deadeye
so you just glossed over this part?

Honest question. Would her having written about and spoken about on TV in the past mean anything or must she bring up someone like Ben Rapelisburger everytime she makes a criticism of another athletes off field behavior?

@deadeye
so you just glossed over this part?

Nah, didn't even notice it to be honest.

Meaning, I wasn't intentionally trying to ignore it.

So, in response to that quote, nobody's asking her to mention Big Ben everytime.

People are just wondering why it seems like she never mentions him at all.......or at least not as much as she mentions black athletes in similar situations.

Especially when their off-season behavior isn't nearly as bad as his.

At the very least, if she's the advocate that she claims to be.........she could point out the hypocrisy between how black athletes are treated compared to white athletes who have done far worse.

But, she won't do that.........because then she'd have to acknowledge her own hypocrisy in the process.

Nah, didn't even notice it to be honest.

Meaning, I wasn't intentionally trying to ignore it.

So, in response to that quote, nobody's asking her to mention Big Ben everytime.

People are just wondering why it seems like she never mentions him at all.......or at least not as much as she mentions black athletes in similar situations.

Especially when their off-season behavior isn't nearly as bad as his.

At the very least, if she's the advocate that she claims to be.........she could point out the hypocrisy between how black athletes are treated compared to white athletes who have done far worse.

But, she won't do that.........because then she'd have to acknowledge her own hypocrisy in the process.
fam

i dont even follow her like this, and I can tell you're mistaken

she has definitely called out the differences/biases when it comes to the treatment/punishments of black/white athletes

but to @BlackRain point, in your eyes, to satisfy you, does she, at every single time she writes and article have to continue bringing up Ben when she's discussed him in length previously??

Back