Welcome To aBlackWeb

DeShaun Watson’s Legal Saga. Final Ruling: Suspended 11 games for the 2022 Season, fined $5M

Why isn't this winning again?

Barkley contemplating clip.gif

I've been thinking.............it's a win, but it's also a loss.

Zero sum gain.

Basically, the reason his contract was so high is because he knows he's gonna have to pay off all 22 of his accusers in order to settle out of court and get this thing over and done with.

I'm assuming they're not gonna settle for anything less than $5 million, so......out of that $239 million contract........$110 million is probably going towards paying those women off.

That would leave him with around $129 million, which sounds about right for a top-tier quarterback who hasn't played in over a year.

View attachment 800871

I've been thinking.............it's a win, but it's also a loss.

Zero sum gain.

Basically, the reason his contract was so high is because he knows he's gonna have to pay off all 22 of his accusers in order to settle out of court and get this thing over and done with.

I'm assuming they're not gonna settle for anything less than $5 million, so......out of that $239 million contract........$110 million is probably going towards paying those women off.

That would leave him with around $129 million, which sounds about right for a top-tier quarterback who hasn't played in over a year.

You crazy as fuck if you think they getting 110Ms from winning the case let alone settling

You crazy as fuck if you think they getting 110Ms from winning the case let alone settling

3-5 million a piece sounds about right.

Plus, it'll save him money on attorneys fees by settling out of court.............and also eliminate the risk of one of them winning a larger settlement.

I'd lowball them first with 1.5 or 2 million though.

I don't see buddy settling AT ALL

It's gonna take a judge or jury forcing him to pay.

Idk fam.

For the criminal cases, he got called to the stand and pleaded the fifth.

For civil charges, youre not allowed to plead the fifth.

So for the civil cases, once he gets called, he needs to answer all the questions.

He might settle not to have to stand there and answer questions in public even if he didnt do shit.

Idk fam.

So for the civil cases, once he gets called, he needs to answer all the questions.

He might settle not to have to stand there and answer questions in public even if he didnt do shit.

So, if you think he might have to settle..............how much do you think it will cost him to settle with 22 accusers?

I don't know man real clip.gif

Remember, this probably won't be a collective settlement.

Meaning, he's probably going to have to reach a settlement agreement with each woman individually.

So how much do you think each woman will ask for?

You think they're just gonna settle for a few hundred thousand dollars?

Stringer walking off after talking with Bodie.gif

Possible, but not likely.

Idk fam.

What a dirty game the legal system is smh

That's why I think a settlement is his best option.

If he gets forced to pay, it's probably going to be for a lot more than what he'd have to pay in a settlement.

Even with a $239 million contract, I don't think he wants to take that chance.

That's why I think a settlement is his best option.

If he gets forced to pay, it's probably going to be for a lot more than what he'd have to pay in a settlement.

Even with a $239 million contract, I don't think he wants to take that chance.
Aka Hush Money

I gotta read thru the thread again to call it frfr. I believe the only reason why he didn't sit for the criminal cases was because the civil cases were still pending? Or the was it the other way around?

Either way I got a feeling IF he does settle it won't be with all 22 or so. I think some are shown to be reskeet offenders right? A few willing participants?

Aka Hush Money

I gotta read thru the thread again to call it frfr. I believe the only reason why he didn't sit for the criminal cases was because the civil cases were still pending? Or the was it the other way around?

Either way I got a feeling IF he does settle it won't be with all 22 or so. I think some are shown to be reskeet offenders right? A few willing participants?

Criminal cases could've resulted in jail time, so that was the main priority.

Civil cases are all about money.

Without criminal charges being filed, it should......"should"........ reduce the credibility of a civil case, but it doesn't always work like that.

I think he just wants everything over and done with so he can move on with his life as best he can.

Back