Welcome To aBlackWeb

Democrats Block Reparation Cali Bill

You have to be certain way to get into these organizations, this group along with other black groups has been around for almost 60- 100 years now and black folks are still in last place in 2024.
This is the kind of thinking that people in power want you to think...you don't have to be affiliated with any particular organization to run for office. If you have a message that people can get with, the party folks will follow.

Why would one have to understand Civics when their vote got shot down?

I guess that's the part that I don't think makes sense to me.

A reparation bill got shot down by the democratic party, black folks will be upset, but you're saying that they shouldn't be upset because they don't know Civics?

Folks are stating that they will make the democratic party pay, those members. Some folks will not support the democratic party.

What's wrong with black folks feeling that way, they are done with the party??

I still don't understand how Civic, knowing Civic is supposed to keep them tied to a party that they've just seen shot down their dreams.
This my last time brother

You're at the conflating stage and continue to misrepresent what's being posted

Let me be clear. I am not your opposition or the black people in California who were impacted by this bill being voted down. Me, Rain and Monk keep trying to highlight y'all are having misguided anger/feelings.

Fuck a political party at this point. All we are saying is direct the anger to the appropriate people. Why is this lost on you?

We keep bringing up civics because you keep saying or suggesting Kamala is a reason to blame and and we are telling you she isn't. THOSE Democrats in California shot down that bill. Kamala, in her current capacity cannot force them to undo that. Whatever deals that were made were done between THOSE Democrats and Republicans of the California legislature.

Not all Democrats across the country have the same views. There are Democrats right here in our state who do not agree on the same topics. This isn't isolated to just Kamala and the Democrats in California

The chair of the California Reparations Task Force, Kamilah Moore, joins to discuss the blocking of a pair of bills by the Black Caucus.

I got this in the queue

Might give it a watch today so I can better familiarize myself with exactly what's going on

This is the kind of thinking that people in power want you to think...you don't have to be affiliated with any particular organization to run for office. If you have a message that people can get with, the party folks will follow.

I said it before on here that if folks really think every candidate ain't shit and they have all the ideas then why don't they run...and that option somehow seems to always escape those who have criticisms only but rarely any solutions

The mere mention of Maga is cowardly fear-mongering

These niggas are like trained circus animals, they know how to deflect on demand

Black people get reparations dangled in our face but this tether with French in his bio throws the word Maga out there to make it alright

Now your brother AP is gaslighting you telling you you don't know "CiViCz"

AP is pretending that white supremacy and anti black racism don't trump civics

AP is also pretending Kamala Harris is blameless, even tho he KNOWS damn well she's anti reparations. She even did a little dance while saying it, AP knows that

Abw will say everything but "im done with the Democrats". No amount of anti-blackness will make them leave
I'ma put this on a very basic level.

Your lady boss does something to piss her off at work. She come home with smoke for you.

What's the first thing you gonna tell her?

"IDK why you pissed off at me, I ain't did you shit"

Or maybe that's not how y'all dynamic work and it's ok for her to just go off on you for something you had no control over

I said it before on here that if folks really think every candidate ain't shit and they have all the ideas then why don't they run...and that option somehow seems to always escape those who have criticisms only but rarely any solutions
Don't prick your fingers

hmtHXp.gif

I'ma put this on a very basic level.

Your lady boss does something to piss her off at work. She come home with smoke for you.

What's the first thing you gonna tell her?

"IDK why you pissed off at me, I ain't did you shit"

Or maybe that's not how y'all dynamic work and it's ok for her to just go off on you for something you had no control over
200w.gif

I don't know what that means, I just asked if you could provide a reason why the democratic party shot down the bills.

You made a post to indicate/insinuate like you knew the very reason for why the reparation bill was shot down, why there wasn't a second motion by the democratic members on the floor when a Republican was first to bring the bill on the floor to get it passed.

If you can just give the reason, that would be good.
The reason I gave was presumptive, but I can't speak for the ones directly responsible for delaying it. The bills aren't even exactly "shot down" as you say, they're just delayed at this time. If you want to know exactly why they were delayed then I would recommend asking the chair of the Black Caucus, Lori Wilson as that's who's responsible for it being delayed. Any the misdirected venting towards Harris & co. really isn't productive. It's important to learn to separate issues and not to take the easy way out trying to mix them together and blame something not directly related.

Last edited:
This my last time brother

You're at the conflating stage and continue to misrepresent what's being posted

Let me be clear. I am not your opposition or the black people in California who were impacted by this bill being voted down. Me, Rain and Monk keep trying to highlight y'all are having misguided anger/feelings.

Fuck a political party at this point. All we are saying is direct the anger to the appropriate people. Why is this lost on you?

We keep bringing up civics because you keep saying or suggesting Kamala is a reason to blame and and we are telling you she isn't. THOSE Democrats in California shot down that bill. Kamala, in her current capacity cannot force them to undo that. Whatever deals that were made were done between THOSE Democrats and Republicans of the California legislature.

Not all Democrats across the country have the same views. There are Democrats right here in our state who do not agree on the same topics. This isn't isolated to just Kamala and the Democrats in California

You, Rain, and Monk think that she won't/shouldn't be impacted directly, bro that's all good. Fine, have that thought. I don't care, it's 3 of yall vs hundreds of them black folks in Cali that think otherwise, but don't shame the folks who want to say that they are upset at the democratic political party that represents her, and that she may feel an impact from this situation on election night.

This is what YOU, RAIN, AND MONK are doing. IF those folks are mad at the democratic party and want to not vote for her, Let it be. Yall are speaking down on those folks' intelligence and honestly the 3 of you all are no better knowledgeable than those people in Cali.

They can do 2 things at 1 time; Not vote for the democrats in Cali and Not vote for Kamala when election time comes, and they have every right to do so. Your shaming tactics of them not understanding Civics 101 has nothing to do with how those black folks choose to move. Knowing the function on what the federal and state do doesn't not matter to those hundreds of thousands of black folks in Cali who just saw their bill get shot down by the very people that they put into office to help get it passed.

Let me see if I can make you, rain, Monk, understand more clearly, these folks may feel (this just my opinion) that they've supported this party for so long, some all their adult lives, this party hasn't done much, if anything to help improve their conditions in the state. They see other folks/races are not citizens get things passed for them, idk. The black folks in that state has finally put together something for themselves that would help them be in a better condition, only to see the bill shot down by the very people that they've supported for 60 plus years, the democratic party, they are upset and saying as WHOLE these people aint shit, all they do is lie, they are no better than the Republicans, case in point with this bill being shot down on their time.... now they truly see it being done in their own backyard and those black folks are like the hell with ALL DEMOCRATS and that's where you, Rain, and Monk have the disconnection, but I know you 3 see the correlation to this. I know yall do
It's not that hard to understand that.

If you go to your employer, Company B, Company B has paid you the lowest wage possible, every year, or other year, Company B, "local" say to you , AP, we will address your issues, with your wages and working conditions, you work in a basement current at Company B, you the only one working down there, Company B doesn't address those issues. AP, you finally sit down and write a proposal and state what you want in wages, and what kind of working conditions you want to have at this Company B, and Company B, shoots the shit down.

If they shoot down those conditions, would you or should I say this, would most people if in this example still support All of the rest of Company B's?? Would most people still go work at a Company B establishment across the world? The answer would b NO.

Ok.

The reason I gave was presumptive, but I can't speak for the ones directly responsible for delaying it. The bills aren't even exactly "shot down" as you say, they're just delayed at this time. If you want to know exactly why they were delayed then I would recommend asking the chair of the Black Caucus, Lori Wilson as that's who's responsible for it being delayed. Any the misdirected venting towards Harris & co. really isn't productive. It's important to learn to separate issues and not to take the easy way out trying to mix them together and blame something not directly related.

Ok.

If the bill is brought on the floor and a second motion is needed, what happens to that bill if a second motion is stated for the bill to be passed?

You stated that you knew the reason, and now you want me to ask someone else?? There are other democratic members who could have given a second motion.

Nothing was delayed, that's something YOU are saying.

Those are your opinions about Harris, others think differently. Sorry.

Racism. It's not hard to figure out.

Are you just saying anything dude?

Explain to everyone how is it racism from your standpoint, what makes you think racism was the cause of this bill not passing?

What racist stopped the bill since you stated that it was racism?

How did YOU get this to be racism, please explain that to me

The mere mention of Maga is cowardly fear-mongering

These niggas are like trained circus animals, they know how to deflect on demand

Black people get reparations dangled in our face but this tether with French in his bio throws the word Maga out there to make it alright

Now your brother AP is gaslighting you telling you you don't know "CiViCz"

AP is pretending that white supremacy and anti black racism don't trump civics

AP is also pretending Kamala Harris is blameless, even tho he KNOWS damn well she's anti reparations. She even did a little dance while saying it, AP knows that

Abw will say everything but "im done with the Democrats". No amount of anti-blackness will make them leave

I feel you bro, some of the explanations are very um interesting.

The BlackRain dude just said something about racism, how the bill was block because of racism, I wonder if just said that to be saying that as cover up for the Democratic party or will he point out the exact racists who block the bill since he said it was racism

I wonder know how racism would even be considered in this situation and where he get that from??

Honestly this would be the great opportunity for blacks in Cali to flex their political muscle. Every single one of those caucus members should be on the chopping block when it's time for their reelection....

Any democrat could have said something...the whole party is on the hot seat not just the black caucus. All members of the Democratic party

Ok.

If the bill is brought on the floor and a second motion is needed, what happens to that bill if a second motion is stated for the bill to be passed?

You stated that you knew the reason, and now you want me to ask someone else?? There are other democratic members who could have given a second motion.

Nothing was delayed, that's something YOU are saying.

Those are your opinions about Harris, others think differently. Sorry.
"Caucus chair Lori Wilson earlier Saturday seemed to acknowledge the administration wanted changes to the bill, but she flatly denied that the governor’s office sought to turn a proposal about creating a new agency into a bill for more study. “That is not true,” she said. “It’s unfortunate that that information was put out there. There was no way, shape or form that the Newsom administration recommended further study.”

When asked about the amendments POLITICO obtained, Wilson said they represent a snapshot of a larger discussion. They do not represent the final changes the caucus wanted, nor what the bill will contain when the caucus brings it back next year, she said."

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/08/31/california-slavery-reparations-bills-unraveled-over-gavin-newsom-amendments-00176957

She said it herself. There's probably better articles than the one above that you can find your answers. But this one is certainly better than the Fox News one you posted who is not above using anything to turn people away from the truth, and/or to divide the Dems party.

You making this an issue with the Democratic Party, but you might as well make this an issue with black people "going against each other." As stated in the very article, which I chose not to quote just to see how many people in this thread actually got the time to read today.

So again, I'm not blaming you as some of your questions may not be entirely misdirected, but since you didn't bring all the facts from the beginning, it's clear that might be the cause of some of the conflating and misguided questioning.

If this was the case, Cornell West would be the front runner now would he?

You wanna compare his plan vs Trumps, and Kamala and see who plan is the best and fits our needs??

Why haven't ABW members been talking about his plan and him?

Too much lip service, no shot at you, but there are people out there who have ideas that fit the needs of black folks

"Caucus chair Lori Wilson earlier Saturday seemed to acknowledge the administration wanted changes to the bill, but she flatly denied that the governor’s office sought to turn a proposal about creating a new agency into a bill for more study. “That is not true,” she said. “It’s unfortunate that that information was put out there. There was no way, shape or form that the Newsom administration recommended further study.”

When asked about the amendments POLITICO obtained, Wilson said they represent a snapshot of a larger discussion. They do not represent the final changes the caucus wanted, nor what the bill will contain when the caucus brings it back next year, she said."

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/08/31/california-slavery-reparations-bills-unraveled-over-gavin-newsom-amendments-00176957

There's probably better articles than the one above that you can find your answers. But this one is certainly better than the Fox News one you posted who is not above using anything to turn people away from the truth.

You making this an issue with the Democratic Party, but you might as well make this an issue with black people "going against each other." As stated in the very article, which I chose not to quote just to see how many people in this thread actually got the time to read today.

I'm not sure what you posted this article for, it doesn't prove anything.

Again, the bill was set to go, ready for approval, it made it through all the stages that the bill had to go through, a WHITE republican motioned for the bill to get approved and passed, a second motion was needed by ANY DEMOCRATIC PERSON, BLACK OR WHITE nothing was said.

THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY MAKES UP THE MAJORITY OF THE SEATS IN CALI. THEY DAYUM NEAR HAVE A 2 to 1 or MAYBE 3 to 1 control.

ANY DEMOCRAT PERSON< WHITTEEEEEEE OR BLACK COULD HAVE INTRODUCED THE BILL OR EVEN GIVEN A 2nd MOTION FOR THE BILL TO BE PASSED AND SIGNED BY THE GOVERNOR

You, Rain, and Monk think that she won't/shouldn't be impacted directly, bro that's all good. Fine, have that thought. I don't care, it's 3 of yall vs hundreds of them black folks in Cali that think otherwise, but don't shame the folks who want to say that they are upset at the democratic political party that represents her, and that she may feel an impact from this situation on election night.

This is what YOU, RAIN, AND MONK are doing. IF those folks are mad at the democratic party and want to not vote for her, Let it be. Yall are speaking down on those folks' intelligence and honestly the 3 of you all are no better knowledgeable than those people in Cali.

They can do 2 things at 1 time; Not vote for the democrats in Cali and Not vote for Kamala when election time comes, and they have every right to do so. Your shaming tactics of them not understanding Civics 101 has nothing to do with how those black folks choose to move. Knowing the function on what the federal and state do doesn't not matter to those hundreds of thousands of black folks in Cali who just saw their bill get shot down by the very people that they put into office to help get it passed.

Let me see if I can make you, rain, Monk, understand more clearly, these folks may feel (this just my opinion) that they've supported this party for so long, some all their adult lives, this party hasn't done much, if anything to help improve their conditions in the state. They see other folks/races are not citizens get things passed for them, idk. The black folks in that state has finally put together something for themselves that would help them be in a better condition, only to see the bill shot down by the very people that they've supported for 60 plus years, the democratic party, they are upset and saying as WHOLE these people aint shit, all they do is lie, they are no better than the Republicans, case in point with this bill being shot down on their time.... now they truly see it being done in their own backyard and those black folks are like the hell with ALL DEMOCRATS and that's where you, Rain, and Monk have the disconnection, but I know you 3 see the correlation to this. I know yall do
It's not that hard to understand that.

If you go to your employer, Company B, Company B has paid you the lowest wage possible, every year, or other year, Company B, "local" say to you , AP, we will address your issues, with your wages and working conditions, you work in a basement current at Company B, you the only one working down there, Company B doesn't address those issues. AP, you finally sit down and write a proposal and state what you want in wages, and what kind of working conditions you want to have at this Company B, and Company B, shoots the shit down.

If they shoot down those conditions, would you or should I say this, would most people if in this example still support All of the rest of Company B's?? Would most people still go work at a Company B establishment across the world? The answer would b NO.

The problem with your example is political parties are not exactly the same as businesses. In your example, the local version of Company B can't always act unilaterally without permission from the larger Company B, and when the local company messes up the larger company can hammer the local company. So yeah, if local Company B fucks you over, going at the whole company makes sense because the larger company is ultimately responsible for everything the local company does and the larger company can punish the local version for bad actions.

That's not how political parties work. Kamala may be considered the head of the democratic party, but she doesn't have anything to do with state politics. State Dems don't need her permission to take action. They can do what they want regardless of how the Federal politicians feel. Kamala can't force state politicians to make the decisions she wants and has very little she can do to push them into doing what she wants outside of refusing to campaign for them or lowering some of the money that the DNC contributes to their campaigns. Unlike a corporate structure in most businesses, the CEO or board of a political party can't really punish state and local politicians for not doing what they want.

Again, this is the problem with your stance. You don't understand how any of this works. That's why you keep making analogies that don't really fit. You're free to vote for or not vote for whoever you want. However, we're not shaming you by pointing out that you don't seem to understand how politics work. Also, you keep bringing up that lots of people in Cali are mad at the whole Democratic party, but you're ignoring why they are actually mad. As I already said in one of the many posts you just ignored, people in Cali believe that higher ups in the DNC colluded with the state representatives and got them to vote the reparations bill down. I already said, and I'm sure everyone here agrees that if that's what actually happened, then Kamala should be punished.

Back