Welcome To aBlackWeb

Democrats Block Reparation Cali Bill

an apology to reconcile? wow. my great grandmothers and great grandfathers, grandmothers and grandfathers, my mother along with many of their relatives i never knew have been dead. an apology? who are these people that come up with this empty shit? the offspring of white immigrant americans are mouthing around here with the belief that black people didn't do shit in building this bitch. they take dishonest glory in how they manhandled the inventions we came up with and shit. downplay our cultural influence on the entire world and continue treating us like a crop. converting that MF apology into money = $0. many believe that we'd fuck it off but reparations will allow us, at least the opportunity to that challenge. if we collectively fuck it off, let us have that L. don't be disingenuous by instilling fear like reparations would eat us all alive. like it's a monster in a scary childrens story. how dare they not allow us to figure things out for ourselves. many black minds seem co-opted to engaging in the bizarre role of overseer lackey, buying into the 3/4's of a man that can't think fully for himself. america needs to pay for its crimes against our humanity so that we begin to at least save ourselves from ourselves going crazy on each other. grumbling caucasian MF's need to engage this gesture, not as an act, but genuine good faith. the people that matter most are all gone but the foundation reminds us to stay woke till further notice.

They can keep that fuckin apology.. means nothing IMO..

that being said let's look at what else was done.. From @AP3.0 tweet

SB 1089 (food deserts) - Not mad at this at all. this can only help.

AB 1815 (protections against discrimination) - same as above

AB 2319 (implicit bias training) - Not sure how effective this will be but it cant hurt

AB 1986 (more books in prisons) - This one irritates me a bit for a few reasons.. im not mad at more books in prison - no birdman.. but more energy and attention should be put towards police unjustly targeting and imprisoning black folks in the first place.

SB 1348 (promotes Black student success on college campuses) - I need to look into what exactly this entails. At a glance it seems to deal with health care professional students and and making sure the programs students attend are accredited.

All in all.. im not mad at this.. it's disappointing that it aint reparations outright.. but it's a start. They need to take the momentum of this and push further for MORE. Much more.

There will be some that shit on this overall cuz it aint straight cash but it aint nothing either..

Back