Welcome To aBlackWeb

6437446499bed7b156d4f5ac3fee2a2f14eacabd.gifv

Too much hype surrounding this movie for it not to be
Most disappointing ever though??

Like seriously, do we always have to live on extremes?

That's why it's hard to take critique seriously. I still like this one better than the first one ??‍♂️

lol I actually thought this was gonna be good based off of the first one

Oh so he ain't even die?

Bye

But hey it'll be a breath of fresh air to save things after aquaman

then the trailer dropped

Honestly didn’t see anything that makes me wanna see the movie

I ain’t get caught up in the lassoing of lightning bolts lol

Trailer had cool moments visually but idk it showed me a movie that looks meh to me

Ehhhh, this movie was dope. Only thing is I was wondering why her running looked fake like she was gliding...then I realized a lot of things were call backs to the 80's.

I am however starting to get on that "y'all just hate DC movies for no real reason" train of thought though. Funny enough the only marvel/dc beef is between the fans

One of the most disappointing things about this movie is that the remaining plot threads are big enough to notice but so insignificant that no one cares enough to see a sequel that addresses them.

- Even if Minerva is still alive in present day, who the fuck cares?
- Even with the guy being body raped, who cares?
- The world in utter disarray including the US initiating nuclear war, who cares? Because it's been 3 decades and the DCEU world clearly not only got over it, but forgot about it entirely.

One of the most disappointing things about this movie is that the remaining plot threads are big enough to notice but so insignificant that no one cares enough to see a sequel that addresses them.

- Even if Minerva is still alive in present day, who the fuck cares?
- Even with the guy being body raped, who cares?
- The world in utter disarray including the US initiating nuclear war, who cares? Because it's been 3 decades and the DCEU world clearly not only got over it, but forgot about it entirely.
To be fair, why would they care? Only Diana and maybe Max Lord remember/know she was the cheetah so she probably went back to being a regular person who works at the Smithsonian.

The "body raped" guy was the guy at the end so he probably thought he was asleep the whole time(at least that's usually how it is in movies that deal with the same concept). Now if he had died I get it, but why would anyone care anyways? He was just a vessel for Steve's consciousness

Your best point because I myself thought "Wouldn't this affect the world in Justice League and BvS?" But with all the wishes being renounced and all that stuff rewinding I had to think about the one scene when Max Lord met the president and the President was like " Wait wasn't I just somewhere else?"

Now maybe theres some multi dimensional stuff or maybe everyone saw the nukes not go off and said "Okay." and then hit one of these. Let's just forget it and go back to normal.
FMSh.gif

Idk I see your points, I just didn't see the need for them to explain any of that based on what the movie gave me.

Last edited:
To be fair, why would they care? Only Diana and maybe Max Lord remember/know she was the cheetah so she probably went back to being a regular person who works at the Smithsonian.

The "body raped" guy was the guy at the end so he probably thought he was asleep for a few days(at least that's usually how it is in movies that deal with the same concept). Now if he had died I get it, but why would anyone care anyways? He was just a vessel for Steve's consciousness

Your best point because I myself thought "Wouldn't this affect the world in Justice League and BvS?" But with all the wishes being renounced and all that stuff rewinding I had to think about the one scene when Max Lord met the president and the President was like " Wait wasn't I just somewhere else?"

Now maybe theres some multi dimensional stuff or maybe everyone saw the nukes not go off and said "Okay." and then hit one of these. Let's just forget it and go back to normal.
FMSh.gif

Idk I see your points, I just didn't see the need for them to explain any of that based on what the movie gave me.
Basically

The movie was very polarizing. I don't know why they wanted to put it in June: it's way better fit as a Holiday cautionary tale on love, Truth, human nature, divinity and how far society of consumption and greed coupled with social-economical and geopolitical inequalities parasites mankind.

It's a love letter to the human race. Whom to Maxwell Lord? Besides being obviously a nod to Trump and Reagan, you can tell he embodies the downsides of both the American Immigrant Allegory embodied by Superman (and twisted by his antithesis Luthor) and the byronian Count-of-Monte-Cristo-made-Citizen-Kane archetype embodied by Batman (and twisted again by his antithesis Joker) wherein a man who started out from seemingly nothing, get bullied and loathed for being an outsider, made his way out to the top and was capable to do anything to clutch at his success... even if that was nothing but deceit.

Theologians from all religions and spiritualities as well as the Neo-Platonicians and Nietcheans are going to love debating about the two latest Wonder Woman film installments during the following years. Patty Jenkins has done her homework well.
My nigga look in the mirror then look at your post then look back in the mirror.............smack yourself for this commentary then burn your keyboard

Ehhhh, this movie was dope. Only thing is I was wondering why her running looked fake like she was gliding...then I realized a lot of things were call backs to the 80's.

I am however starting to get on that "y'all just hate DC movies for no real reason" train of thought though. Funny enough the only marvel/dc beef is between the fans
This movie was the standardized slaughter of hollywood.

Nah bruh. I haven't seen the movie, but from what I understand, the people t hat like it are in the minority. This dude is a good and fair reviewer. He thinks the movie is bad and gives actual reasoning. For him, it comes down to a bad script.

Also, I'm not that big into DC comics, but I like Max Lord as a villain. It seems like this movie basically didn't even try to make him anything like the source material. I'm all for creative license, but why use a character if you're not actually going to use the character.

Back