Welcome To aBlackWeb

Wonder Woman 3 is being fast-tracked, Warner Bros. announced today. The news comes as the pic has amounted to $85M WW after a $16.7M domestic debut.

The threequel will be written by Patty Jenkins, who is attached to direct, and starring Gal Gadot.

The pic was released on HBO Max in the states and in theaters this past weekend. The sequel was in its second weekend abroad, grossing $19.4M from 42 markets. Combined with US/Canada, WW1984 made $36.1M.

“As fans around the world continue to embrace Diana Prince, driving the strong opening weekend performance of Wonder Woman 1984, we are excited to be able to continue her story with our real life Wonder Women – Gal and Patty – who will return to conclude the long-planned theatrical trilogy,” said Toby Emmerich, Chairman, Warner Bros. Pictures Group.

i'm curious how this new model will work and how profits are determined with streaming services. It's not as simple as saying oh we pulled in x-Millions in ticket sales the first week.. How will they determine if the film is a success if it's predominately streaming?

Ironically if Black Widow is trash this will help WW84. DC can always stand on they have the best stand alone female super hero movie.

The movie was decent to me. Besides a few parts it entertained me.

I'm also not a comic book or comic movie person so I realize I'm looking at these movies totally different that most people.

The movie had my attention because it raised a lot of questions. Unfortunately the answers to those questions either never came or were underwhelming.

I don’t care if the wish angle is from the comics, that shit was stupid. Using wishes as a plot device is weak. Just wish it and it happens. No creativity there.

And how do you fight...wishes? This dude a genie basically? Max should have somehow wished himself to be a God or something then gave WW a good fight. Instead he stayed a regular ass dude who was given a stern talking to for the final fight scene.

And what was his angle anyway? Just to have power? To what end? This dude just kept granting wishes and took what? Oil rights? Presidential broadcast network? Health that deteriorated by his own hand?

And the fight scenes were atrocious. We left 80’s fight mechanics back then for a reason. I’m pretty sure Usain Bolt could have won a foot race with WW and Cheetah. Gal even looked disappointed when she started running for those trucks in the desert. WW I did such a better job showing her power and strength. Even the lasso work was shoddy in this movie compared to the first.

Cheetah was great as a character, which made it more disappointing when her reasoning for wanting to become a cheetah was never explained properly. Why a cheetah? Why not a lion? Humans are really the apex predator, why not just stay human with super speed, strength, etc.

Disappointing, especially when compared to the first. I got more, but I’ll leave it here for now.

If I would have known that WW84 would turn out to be a lackluster movie, I would have cancelled my HBO Max sub. I probably will still cancel after this and just wait for the JL Synder Cut in March.

We don't speak on that sir
Has there been a conversation about which movie was better between Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman?

Cause right now Marvel might have the *best* female comic book movie of all time just sitting on the shelf in Black Widow.

Ironically if Black Widow is trash this will help WW84. DC can always stand on they have the best stand alone female super hero movie.
Lol it’s funny though

DC movies you expect to be mid or ehh

I expect black widow to be good to the point that I almost said to you that I bet it’s not trash

It took me 4 days to completely watch this movie. I didn't know it would be over 2hrs long. And I must say, this was the most disappointing, anticipated movie of the year for me. Terrible story, terrible dialogue, and terrible acting. I feel like I just watched the Genie from Aladdin on coke...well, irdk what I just watched. It wasn't awfully dreadful, just terrible.

I did appreciate seeing the OG Wonder Woman tho.
Another point of contention my son raised was with her. In the flashback the golden warrior had conspicuously green eyes. OG Wonder Woman did not. Can tell she was thrown in as an afterthought.

How dope had it been if they de-aged her for the flashback scene then you see her in the final credits still alive.

Back