Welcome To aBlackWeb

Amazing episode. The story was intriguing and the the cinematography was beautiful. The anger that Will felt is something I feel that most of us can relate to and the scenes where Will was straight murking those muthafuckas was satisfying as fuck.

That big tower that is being built by Lady Trieu probably will be able to do mesmerism on a national scale turning all racist crakkkas against each other. Finally exacting justice on White Supremacy. This is without a doubt already the show of the year for me.

Somebody gone have to explain the two Hooded Justices... There one was for sure white.

The white one never existed. They thought he was white because of the makeup that will wore around his eyes. That was the only skin that showed through his costume so everyone assumed he was white since he never revealed his identity to anyone but his wife and metropolis.

Somebody gone have to explain the two Hooded Justices... There one was for sure white.

What the other folks stated about maybe the people making the television show thinking that Hooded Justice was White due to his makeup he would wear around his eyes making sense.

The reason @Lou Cypher said there are 2 Hooded Justice is due to the fact in the comics (if I'm remembering correctly) Hooded Justice accidentally hung himself by his cape getting caught in a revolving door while trying to capture some criminals fleeing a crime scene. So if the show is going off the comic, Angela's granddad shouldn't be alive.

Maybe Angela's granddad stopped being Hooded Justice and Captain Metropolis got another one of his lovers to take up the mantle or the series changed Hooded Justice dying.

In the movie he accidentally hung himself but in the comics it's a little more confusing about what happened to him. Below is the wikipedia info on Hooded Justice

Hooded Justice is the first masked vigilante, often initialled "H. J." by his teammates. His real identity is never conclusively revealed but in Hollis Mason's book it is suggested to be circus strongman Rolf Müller.

This is retconned heavily in Before Watchmen: Minutemen #6, where we learn that he is not Rolf Muller (a character that sexually abused and killed children), but it is strongly implied that he is Muller's son or ward, Jacob. Assuming that he himself was a victim of Muller's abuse, it explains a great deal about his violent persona, costume, and mask. A violent vigilante, Hooded Justice shared a romantic homosexual relationship with Captain Metropolis and a deep-seated rivalry with Comedian, after he prevented Blake from sexually assaulting Silk Spectre. Hooded Justice's relationship with Metropolis was a fractured one; Justice repeatedly cheated on his boyfriend with male prostitutes, physically abusing them in sadomasochist sexual encounters. This resulted in bribery of his lovers and the usage of Silk Spectre as his public girlfriend.

He ultimately disappeared in the 1950s after refusing to cooperate with HUAC's new policy on costumed vigilantes. In the original novel it is suggested that he was murdered either by the Comedian for voting him out of the Minutemen (as Ozymandias believes), or by the Stasi of his native East Germany. In the retcon we learn that Hollis Mason, mistakenly believing him to be Muller, attacked Hooded Justice and snapped his neck, killing him. He was never actually unmasked, and Metropolis burned down the headquarters with his former lover's body inside; it later turns out that the Comedian was the one who misdirected Mason to believe that Justice was Muller, so Ozymandias was partially right. Much of the "Under the Hood" information on Muller and HJ is revealed to be a deliberate lie on Mason's part. This may be contrary to the intent of the original novel. In chapter 1, the fourth panel of page 25 focuses on two old men sitting affectionately together near Dan and Laurie in Rafael's restaurant. They look very much like older versions of Rolf Muller and Nelson Gardner, and it was speculated by many fans that these were in fact Hooded Justice and Captain Metropolis, who had faked their deaths in order to retire and be together. Dave Gibbons said this was unintended but allowed that it might be true. In the retconned world of Before Watchmen, it is obviously not the case.

What the other folks stated about maybe the people making the television show thinking that Hooded Justice was White due to his makeup he would wear around his eyes making sense.

The reason @Lou Cypher said there are 2 Hooded Justice is due to the fact in the comics (if I'm remembering correctly) Hooded Justice accidentally hung himself by his cape getting caught in a revolving door while trying to capture some criminals fleeing a crime scene. So if the show is going off the comic, Angela's granddad shouldn't be alive.

Maybe Angela's granddad stopped being Hooded Justice and Captain Metropolis got another one of his lovers to take up the mantle or the series changed Hooded Justice dying.

Uhhhhhh no.Dollar Bill was the guy who got choked by his own cloak

HJ was thought to be that German/Nazi dude, Muller

He was found shot a yr after HJ retired and most ppl thought he was HJ

We don't know when Will retired so it's possible somebody took on his ID though.

Or it's possible that Muller never was HJ.

But either way there was only one real HJ and they just thought he was white because of the make up and racism.

The white guy in the TV show American Hero Story was who they thought he was ,but it was really Will in Real life.

But I see you posted some other backstories in another post.

A lot of that shit is lost in myth.

Last edited:
The white one was from the TV show that took place years after.. just seems to be a dramatization of shit the real hooded justice was around for and doing back in the day far as I can tell

Y'all gone have to forgive me for that one...I completely missed it!! Lol

Damn I heard on The Watch damon lindelof only wants to do 1 season of this. If that holds, these last 3 eps better be GoT s6 finale level fiye

They always said this might be 1 season,but with the praise it's getting hopefully they will continue it

From what I remember, hooded Justice disappeared before anyone ever knew who he was....

But this episode was great...

Even the gay shit was done well...

It wasn'tb sensationalized or glorified into goofiness like many others do it...

But it was straight up just another of in the closet activities these niggaz had...

Dude straight hoe'd HJ.... Shit as great story telling...

I also was high af the entire time and this shit blew my giving mind

Told yall lmao.

On sight.
I wouldn't be mad if this is only 1 season if it wraps up right. Everyone I know watches it or wants to and thats a pretty diverse group...I dont be checkin numbers and reviews and shit (other than the watch podcast) so idk how "successful" the show is, but if it has mass appeal I cant imagine them stopping at one. They show will probly change hands if it does.

Mad random on my part, but I just noticed that Trent Reznor (Nine Inch Nails) does the score for the show. Come to find out, dude has scored a lot of different shows (i.e. Social Network, Gone Girl)

It makes sense for the fact there is a lot of electronic/industrial music during the course of the show (excluding the flashback scenes).

Back