Welcome To aBlackWeb

Ok, keeping with the Breaking Bad comparison, the origin story could end with him meeting Jesse Pinkman and making his first batch of meth. It wouldnā€™t directly suggest heā€™d become this badass drug dealer that takes out bosses, but you could make the connection given our knowledge of what he becomes.

And thatā€™s exactly what this movie does. It allows you to make the connection between this Joker and what other mediums show what he devolves into.

So can yā€™all not even see this guy becoming the Joker you expect him to be years down the road? I can.

That would show him meeting his partner and starting their business together. I'm cool with showing him making meth with Jesse, and asking me to make the jump that they eventually made more meth. That's the equivalent of Joker causing a smaller level of mayhem for the sake of mayhem. He never did that. Just killed people that did him wrong.

I get what you're saying. But for him to go from the mental state he had in the movie to The Joker's mental state something significant has to happen because he's far from it. Whatever happens needs to be shown.

"I know it seems strange, I don't mean to make you uncomfortable, I don't know why everyone is so rude, I don't know why you are; I don't want anything from you. Maybe a little warmth, maybe a hug dad, maybe a bit of common decency!"

That's him asking for warmth, love, and decency from who he thought was his dad.

"Have you seen what it's like out there, Murray? Do you ever actually leave the studio? Everybody just yells and screams at each other. Nobody's civil anymore. Nobody thinks what it's like to be the other guy."

That's part of his final speech before killing the show host. He's crying out for society to be kinder, and more compassionate.

So naw, it's not easy for me to see that this man became a chaos loving maniac from what's been shown. The writer's dropped the ball.

"I know it seems strange, I don't mean to make you uncomfortable, I don't know why everyone is so rude, I don't know why you are; I don't want anything from you. Maybe a little warmth, maybe a hug dad, maybe a bit of common decency!"

That's him asking for warmth, love, and decency from who he thought was his dad.

"Have you seen what it's like out there, Murray? Do you ever actually leave the studio? Everybody just yells and screams at each other. Nobody's civil anymore. Nobody thinks what it's like to be the other guy."

That's part of his final speech before killing the show host. He's crying out for society to be kinder, and more compassionate.

So naw, it's not easy for me to see that this man became a chaos loving maniac from what's been shown. The writer's dropped the ball.
But itā€™s not so much a stretch for him to have completely given up on society and take a fuck everybody attitude because of it.

Heā€™s not asking for a kinder society, heā€™s accepting how fucked up it is and acting accordingly.

But itā€™s not so much a stretch for him to have completely given up on society and take a fuck everybody attitude because of it.

Heā€™s not asking for a kinder society, heā€™s accepting how fucked up it is and acting accordingly.

The problem with this is it means to get rid of Joker people would just have to start acting better towards one another. This again, doesn't sound like the Joker I'm familiar with.

Man, this should end it.

And yet, Phoenix says the idea of sequel didnā€™t take long to manifest. ā€œLong before the release or before we had any idea if it would be successful, we talked about sequels,ā€ Phoenix said. ā€œIn the second or third week of shooting, I was like, ā€˜Todd, can you start working on a sequel? Thereā€™s way too much to explore.ā€™ It was kind of in jest ā€” but not really.ā€

Looks like Phoenix quickly realized more of the story between this movie, and how Joker ends up need to be told.

ā€œMaybe Joaquinā€™s character inspired the Joker,ā€ Phillips said. ā€œYou donā€™t really know. His last line in the movie is, ā€˜You wouldnā€™t get it.ā€™ Thereā€™s a lot going on in there thatā€™s interesting.ā€

That's the man that made the movie saying he doesn't even know if he's the same guy as the Joker we know. He's saying it's possibly not even an origin story.

Man, this should end it.

And yet, Phoenix says the idea of sequel didnā€™t take long to manifest. ā€œLong before the release or before we had any idea if it would be successful, we talked about sequels,ā€ Phoenix said. ā€œIn the second or third week of shooting, I was like, ā€˜Todd, can you start working on a sequel? Thereā€™s way too much to explore.ā€™ It was kind of in jest ā€” but not really.ā€

Looks like Phoenix quickly realized more of the story between this movie, and how Joker ends up need to be told.

ā€œMaybe Joaquinā€™s character inspired the Joker,ā€ Phillips said. ā€œYou donā€™t really know. His last line in the movie is, ā€˜You wouldnā€™t get it.ā€™ Thereā€™s a lot going on in there thatā€™s interesting.ā€

That's the man that made the movie saying he doesn't even know if he's the same guy as the Joker we know. He's saying it's possibly not even an origin story.
Donā€™t just skip the part where he says more story needs to be told to connect this Joker to the cannon Joker we know. Thatā€™s what Iā€™ve been saying all along. Itā€™s completely feasible this Joker turns into that Joker, we just need the story.

And he said maybe he inspired the Joker. But would you really want the Joker to be somebody sitting on his couch watching that Deniro show and all of a sudden say ā€œhey, I think I want to be like that guy!ā€

Either way, I guess weā€™ll just have to wait and see what they do with the next one and how they connect the dots.

Donā€™t just skip the part where he says more story needs to be told to connect this Joker to the cannon Joker we know. Thatā€™s what Iā€™ve been saying all along. Itā€™s completely feasible this Joker turns into that Joker, we just need the story.

And he said maybe he inspired the Joker. But would you really want the Joker to be somebody sitting on his couch watching that Deniro show and all of a sudden say ā€œhey, I think I want to be like that guy!ā€

Either way, I guess weā€™ll just have to wait and see what they do with the next one and how they connect the dots.

More story needs to be told is my whole point because where they left off doesn't connect him. Which would be ok if this was intended to be one of 2 or more movies telling his origin. But this is supposed to be the only movie. An origin story shouldn't end with 'I guess it's possible he could be the future guy" because the entire purpose is to tell the story of the future guy.

And Phillips said he doesn't even know if dude is the Joker. You can't tell the origin story of someone if you don't even know who they are. This backs what we're saying that this is a good story. It's just not good once you say it's Joker. Phillips is ok with that because he's basically saying "I never said it was him. This is the Arthur Fleck story."

I don't know how given all that, this is looked at as a good origin story movie.

More story needs to be told is my whole point because where they left off doesn't connect him. Which would be ok if this was intended to be one of 2 or more movies telling his origin. But this is supposed to be the only movie. An origin story shouldn't end with 'I guess it's possible he could be the future guy" because the entire purpose is to tell the story of the future guy.

And Phillips said he doesn't even know if dude is the Joker. You can't tell the origin story of someone if you don't even know who they are. This backs what we're saying that this is a good story. It's just not good once you say it's Joker. Phillips is ok with that because he's basically saying "I never said it was him. This is the Arthur Fleck story."

I don't know how given all that, this is looked at as a good origin story movie.
Guess we all agree to disagree. I could completely see this being a good origin story because I could see how the things that happened to him in this movies would make him say fuck everything and everybody, chaos it is.

Good debate though.

Guess we all agree to disagree. I could completely see this being a good origin story because I could see how the things that happened to him in this movies would make him say fuck everything and everybody, chaos it is.

Good debate though.

Ya. We just looked at it with different expectations. May get a 2nd one. We'll see.

How many times must I say NOT YET!

Lol, itā€™s an origin story. The Joker yā€™all referencing comes years later.

Thatā€™s like expecting Walter White to be the series finale version of himself in the first episode.
No...

I'm not buying not yet

They were going in one direction and called it something else saying they ain't get there yet.

Bullshit

I'm not going to make leaps of faith and reach that much to make it work.

Dude was crazy, but he wasn't joker.

Walter showed signs that he was who he was throughout the entire show.

From the second he blew up tucos warehouse.....

This ain't the same... Y'all reaching

According to this video Joker did not kill his neighbor

Figured this,because like he said, he only killed people that wronged him.

Dude took it a step further and said he had a code he lives by. That statement makes it even more obvious that he DGAF about who Joker is, and makes it even harder to believe this guy turns into the Joker.

Figured this,because like he said, he only killed people that wronged him.

Dude took it a step further and said he had a code he lives by. That statement makes it even more obvious that he DGAF about who Joker is, and makes it even harder to believe this guy turns into the Joker.
Right, he had a whole motive, lane, personality, plight that was unique to him....

And it was at no point going to the direction of classic joker

Yeah, but after killing the host and being captured by the cops, he was smiling and happy at the movement he created. It was chaos and he felt alive more than ever. There's a reason for everything. How lame would it have been if they just told a story of a man who just loves chaos and killing people with no explanation to as how he got there?

I think yall just need to wait on the future installments and see where the writer(s) and the director take it to.

Yeah, but after killing the host and being captured by the cops, he was smiling and happy at the movement he created. It was chaos and he felt alive more than ever. There's a reason for everything. How lame would it have been if they just told a story of a man who just loves chaos and killing people with no explanation to as how he got there?

I think yall just need to wait on the future installments and see where the writer(s) and the director take it to.

There's no intention of future installments. I said I'd look at it differently if there were. If there do end up being some, then they lucked into an opportunity to fix their mistakes, because this was supposed to be the only movie.

We view that scene differently. That movement, like his killings, had a reason. It was a class war. I think he was just happy he got more people to take action.

"How lame would it have been if they just told a story of a man who just loves chaos and killing people with no explanation to as how he got there?"

You jumped in late, and missed stuff. The entire issue is we don't feel like we got an explanation of how he got there. Some of us don't think they showed how Arthur Fleck is/becomes the Joker we know (as far as his characteristics). The stuff you quoted was stuff Arthur said that's nothing close to what Joker would say.

There's no intention of future installments. I said I'd look at it differently if there were. If there do end up being some, then they lucked into an opportunity to fix their mistakes, because this was supposed to be the only movie.

We view that scene differently. That movement, like his killings, had a reason. It was a class war. I think he was just happy he got more people to take action.

"How lame would it have been if they just told a story of a man who just loves chaos and killing people with no explanation to as how he got there?"

You jumped in late, and missed stuff. The entire issue is we don't feel like we got an explanation of how he got there. Some of us don't think they showed how Arthur Fleck is/becomes the Joker we know (as far as his characteristics). The stuff you quoted was stuff Arthur said that's nothing close to what Joker would say.

Yeah, the joker we all know wouldn't care to say that... down the road.

This movie is supposed to be the introduction of the joker.

Yeah, the joker we all know wouldn't care to say that... down the road.

This movie is supposed to be the introduction of the joker.

This was supposed to be the origin of the Joker we know. The director said he doesn't even know if Arthur Fleck is the Joker we're familiar with, or someone that came before him. He said he doesn't know who Arthur becomes, so he's writing an origin with no destination in mind, when he should know exactly who he becomes. That's why he messed up the character the way he did. He thought he had more freedom than he did when developing who the Joker is.

You wouldn't write a batman origin movie that just had him killing people on some Punisher shit because that's not who batman is. But apparently if someone did that yall would just say "Well of course the batman down the road wouldn't do that, but this is before that batman. Something in the future probably made him make that drastic change, and it's ok we're never told what that is. Great movie"

Back