Welcome To aBlackWeb

Netflix Dave Chappelle: Sticks and Stones

It was funny but it wasn't "GOAT" or even one of Dave's best. I think the 2nd special he released, where he told the joke about going home on the train with like 20k in cash in a book bag, was better and For What It's Worth is better than this as well. Some niggas just overreacting to the funny just to try and piss off people who are offended by the jokes.

Great special. This shit is the epitome of art within that space.

This is the era we live in

It wasn’t dumb to slander his name by mentioning he didn’t wanna participate but it was dumb to defend himself by pointing to the very valid reasoning that like most of us, he don’t know the nigga

It’s crazy shorty caused Michael Smith his job and fam stood tall, we ain’t heard from him since. Still getting paid though and that’s a blessing.

I get it though. I thought the xxxtentacion joke that pale lady made was out of line and a week later, I thought it was amusing

“I feel Chinese” people don’t wanna hear that type of real shit

What does Michael Smith have to do with her criticism of Dave Chapelle?

The standup was funny. He has had funnier ones.

But the combination of funny and social realism is which makes this genius.

Just like with any comedy special, you are going to find people who were entertained on different levels. It's all opinion. Whether you think it was hilarious or just alright, that's your opinion. Others will view it differently.

Great special. This shit is the epitome of art within that space.

This is the era we live in

It wasn’t dumb to slander his name by mentioning he didn’t wanna participate but it was dumb to defend himself by pointing to the very valid reasoning that like most of us, he don’t know the nigga

It’s crazy shorty caused Michael Smith his job and fam stood tall, we ain’t heard from him since. Still getting paid though and that’s a blessing.

I get it though. I thought the xxxtentacion joke that pale lady made was out of line and a week later, I thought it was amusing

“I feel Chinese” people don’t wanna hear that type of real shit

How did she cost Mike Smith his job. ESPN didnt want them talking about things related to black people. How is she to blame? And the R. Kelly Dave Chapelle thing probably wasn’t that deep I mean dude made a classic skit from it around that time frame idk why she wouldn’t ask about it to him.

One day they gonna interview Baldwin for Trump

You dont watch or listen to a lot of comedians then lol. And that still dont make this genius
Comedians on Dave's level haven't taken it there, but you're right about other comedians doing it. I like Andrew Schultz a lot because he says some wild shit, but it's funny as hell.

And I personally think it was genius, but to each his or her own.

Comedians on Dave's level haven't taken it there, but you're right about other comedians doing it. I like Andrew Schultz a lot because he says some wild shit, but it's funny as hell.

And I personally think it was genius, but to each his or her own.
Theres only like 2 or 3 other comedians on Dave's level tho lol. What made sticks and stones more genius than the last 2 Netflix specials? I dont want no shit I'm just curious. Cuz the last joints were much better than this to me.

Theres only like 2 or 3 other comedians on Dave's level tho lol. What made sticks and stones more genius than the last 2 Netflix specials? I dont want no shit I'm just curious. Cuz the last joints were much better than this to me.
I don't store much to memory with regard to entertainment so I honestly can't make the comparison. I just know how I feel about this one.

Like I said before, I thought it was more interesting than funny. It had it's laughs, but it wasn't nearly as funny as his other specials. I liked what he talked about and how he went about the discussion though. I don't mind people saying it wasn't funny to them or criticizing the content. What I hate though, is those people that think him talking about everybody else is hilarious, but when he gets to their particular group, all of a sudden it's wrong.

Like in one of the previous specials, he talked about how he got a letter from a trans person who basically said that he/she loved him and was having such a blast at the show until he got to the trans jokes, and then he/she was crushed and was no longer a fan of Chapelle. So let me get this straight. When he was cracking on other people of varying races, ethnicities, religious beliefs, political stances, socio-economic statuses, etc..., he/she was good and Dave was fine, but as soon as he says something about a group she he/she fits in, oh it's too far. That's total bullshit and people like that should really shut the fuck up.

Back