Welcome To aBlackWeb

Netflix Dave Chappelle: Sticks and Stones

Like I said before, I thought it was more interesting than funny. It had it's laughs, but it wasn't nearly as funny as his other specials. I liked what he talked about and how he went about the discussion though. I don't mind people saying it wasn't funny to them or criticizing the content. What I hate though, is those people that think him talking about everybody else is hilarious, but when he gets to their particular group, all of a sudden it's wrong.

Like in one of the previous specials, he talked about how he got a letter from a trans person who basically said that he/she loved him and was having such a blast at the show until he got to the trans jokes, and then he/she was crushed and was no longer a fan of Chapelle. So let me get this straight. When he was cracking on other people of varying races, ethnicities, religious beliefs, political stances, socio-economic statuses, etc..., he/she was good and Dave was fine, but as soon as he says something about a group she he/she fits in, oh it's too far. That's total bullshit and people like that should really shut the fuck up.
I also think it's funny how black ppl immediately threw on the cape for this under the guise of ppl shouldnt be offended at jokes...but if some black ppl said they liked sarah silverman they'd be all types of jiggaboo coons and shit lol

Ppl just need to keep it real that there is no morality in entertainment. You'll let somebody get away with shit if you like em. Niggas love dave and he basically scoop de wooped all over the stage for an hr and it's still gettin called legendary, classic and genius lmao. It is what it is.

I also think it's funny how black ppl immediately threw on the cape for this under the guise of ppl shouldnt be offended at jokes...but if some black ppl said they liked sarah silverman they'd be all types of jiggaboo coons and shit lol

Ppl just need to keep it real that there is no morality in entertainment. You'll let somebody get away with shit if you like em. Niggas love dave and he basically scoop de wooped all over the stage for an hr and it's still gettin called legendary, classic and genius lmao. It is what it is.
I can appreciate the humor in everything. If a racist joke is funny, it's funny. I might not agree that a certain person should tell it, but funny is funny.

I can appreciate the humor in everything. If a racist joke is funny, it's funny. I might not agree that a certain person should tell it, but funny is funny.
We on the same page lol

I'm just saying niggas get real funny when they try to play the sensitive card. And that's just in general not to anybody in here cuz I ain't read through the thread

i feel where gabi coming from, but i loved this shit.....it felt necessarily edgier than i expected, and i love him for that.....

i do feel like he's in another great stride, hopefully we can get another one in a year or two

scoop de wooped? lmao

There are black hypocrites out there for sure. When black comedians make fun of hispanic people, niggas don't give a fuck. But when George Lopez made that joke about not wanting his daughter dating a black dude, some niggas caught all kinds of feelings. So I get where you're coming from, but a lot of these people criticizing Dave are taking it further than saying they don't like him because of the jokes he tells. These trannies are out here talking like Dave's jokes are contributing to trans bashing. That's BS. Dave has made jokes about police brutality too, but not a single nigga is out here trying to blame him for the cops shooting people.

I'm exaggerating I actually liked the special FWIW lmao but a lot of it was low brow/low hanging fruit shit to me *shrug*

that's fair.. but Dave always had a pretty decent mix of low brow humour and intellectual shit.. lets not forget these skits...

source (1).gif
Chappelle-9.gif

Either way.. I enjoyed this special too.. not his best... but I still laughed at a lot of it. lol "Scoop de wooped" just threw me off for a second Gabi lmao

Uh-oh... Dave Chappelle out here joke stealing?

Before you dismiss this, Owen Benjamin is a fairly popular comedian who is well known on the comedy circuit for pushing boundaries with his jokes.

He has been on the Joe Rogan show before (Rogan was doing Q and A with Chappelle on the recent tour and is a good friend of Dave's) but Owen Benjamin had a falling out with Joe Rogan saying that he has changed and is now a corporate shill.

Owen Benjamin has been doing this LBGT joke for awhile so it was definitely before Dave's:

Before you dismiss this, Owen Benjamin is a fairly popular comedian who is well known on the comedy circuit for pushing boundaries with his jokes.

He has been on the Joe Rogan show before (Rogan was doing Q and A with Chappelle on the recent tour and is a good friend of Dave's) but Owen Benjamin had a falling out with Joe Rogan saying that he has changed and is now a corporate shill.

Owen Benjamin has been doing this LBGT joke for awhile so it was definitely before Dave's:

What's awhile?

Cuz Dave's special was filmed earlier this.

Plus there's only so many ways to came at a certain topic.

Take Dave's Jussie Somlett joke, I'm sure every comedians take of it came from a skeptical stand point so most of their jokes are going to be in the same vein as Dave's was.

No OtHeR cOmEdIaNs WoUlD tOuCh ThAt ToPiC~~

Just finished it
Better than the last one

No holding back on them faggots and cac meth heads and their "crisis".

I fux with it

Oh and
Buskshot
Buckshot
Buckshot
rs_470x316-150910120219-tumblr_lvaj8248Ji1r5r4uyo1_500.gif

Still waiting on these Comics thats in Dave position that could lose everything talk about them things

Tick Tok
Tick Tok
Tick Tok

Back