Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Corey Holcomb: Dave Chappelle Is An Overrated Stand Up Comedian

test
Dave is currently overrated if you're comparing him to his past self. And I say that because it seems that he can do better he's just choosing not to. But that don't diminish his entire history. It just means that you can't keep him at this untouchable status if he keeps putting out material that doesn't live up to it.

White people don’t prop Chapelle up though..

Dave's entire career until White people finally made him uncomfortable was being the middle class Black comedian that made fun of poor Black people and explained Black people to White people.

So yeah, Dave's ain't getting 50 million dollar checks if White people didn't love him dearly.

Being Black famous ain't getting nobody 50 million, you are getting Monique money.

Now he panders to the White people that run up to him and yell "Fuck your couch nigga" at 40 plus.

White people don’t prop Chapelle up though..
Can you tell me about a movie appearance or standup he did that’s memorable to Black people? In the way that Money Mike or Runteldat were?

He didn‘t get mainstream acceptance from Black audiences until White audiences decided he was funny because he told edgy nigga jokes that racist white people found funny.

Today, he says stuff that Thin Blue Line whites find funny from a negro mouthpiece. They prop him up and headpat negroes feel loved.

Dave's entire career until White people finally made him uncomfortable was being the middle class Black comedian that made fun of poor Black people and explained Black people to White people.

So yeah, Dave's ain't getting 50 million dollar checks if White people didn't love him dearly.

Being Black famous ain't getting nobody 50 million, you are getting Monique money.

Now he panders to the White people that run up to him and yell "Fuck your couch nigga" at 40 plus.
my bad sun I dead aint see this until after. But yeah.

Last edited:

I agree that Dave wouldn't be where he is if White people didn't love him as much as they do. That said I think the bold is bad summary of his early career. Yes, he did jokes about poor black people, but it's a lie to say all his early work focused on that and that alone. That's no better than the trans people picking out two jokes from that f first special he mentioned then and then acting like the whole special was a transphobic rant. The truth is that Dave has always covered a lot of topics and made fun of a lot of groups. That's why he's been so universally accepted. Y'all dudes act like he never appeared on Def Comedy Jam or never did shows in black cities like DC and Baltimore early in his career.

Ive found some of his content amusing but always thought it funny only white people telling me I have to see his show and when I finally look at it im like...yeaaahhh okay

I agree that Dave wouldn't be where he is if White people didn't love him as much as they do. That said I think the bold is bad summary of his early career. Yes, he did jokes about poor black people, but it's a lie to say all his early work focused on that and that alone. That's no better than the trans people picking out two jokes from that f first special he mentioned then and then acting like the whole special was a transphobic rant. The truth is that Dave has always covered a lot of topics and made fun of a lot of groups. That's why he's been so universally accepted. Y'all dudes act like he never appeared on Def Comedy Jam or never did shows in black cities like DC and Baltimore early in his career.

Dave Chapelle's shit that put him on is predominantly making fun of poor or "ghetto" Black people and juxapositioning them against White people.

Rick James series
The Real Real World Sketch
The sprinkle some crack on 'em bit
The Baby Selling Drugs on the corner bit
Ashy Larry
Tyrone Biggums

It's nothing wrong with Chris Rock did the same shit.

Lol a lot of Black comedy is just making fun of poor Black people and basically going, "Black people do this, White people do that...ain't that funny."

Lol I said that once about Chapelle on here and niggas said I was hating and confused on where he grew up lol

Dave is currently overrated if you're comparing him to his past self. And I say that because it seems that he can do better he's just choosing not to. But that don't diminish his entire history. It just means that you can't keep him at this untouchable status if he keeps putting out material that doesn't live up to it.

I honestly prefer Dave's standup post-Chappelle Show than I did his early stuff. I've said it on here before: In the 90's Dave wasn't that funny to me and he was basically the token annoying Black dude in movies. I didn't really fuck with him like that until Block Party, which caused me to go check out The Chappelle Show which was pretty good.

But niggas know damn well they can’t direct you to no Corey Holcomb shit off the top of their head

But will sit here and chat about how great he is just because they seen some clips or like that stupid red pill shit he be talking bout in his podcast

Funny you say this and on this same podcast he's talking about Chapelle he also goes on a rant calling his daughter a bitch and talking about how he don't like her and has no issue cutting her out his life.

Funny you say this and on this same podcast he's talking about Chapelle he also goes on a rant calling his daughter a bitch and talking about how he don't like her and has no issue cutting her out his life.
Yikes

What he on w his daughter, what she do?

Dave Chapelle's shit that put him on is predominantly making fun of poor or "ghetto" Black people and juxapositioning them against White people.

Rick James series
The Real Real World Sketch
The sprinkle some crack on 'em bit
The Baby Selling Drugs on the corner bit
Ashy Larry
Tyrone Biggums

It's nothing wrong with Chris Rock did the same shit.

Lol a lot of Black comedy is just making fun of poor Black people and basically going, "Black people do this, White people do that...ain't that funny."

Half the shit you listed don't even fit the archetype you identified. What does the Rick James sketch have to do with juxtaposing poor black people with white people? The "sprinkle some crack on 'em" wasn't making fun of black people. It was a shot at police misconduct. I'm not saying Dave didn't do the kinda comedy you're saying he did, but you seem to be reaching with your effort to try and put all of his famous bits into that box.

Back