Welcome To aBlackWeb

College Was Supposed to Close the Wealth Gap for Black Americans. The Opposite Happened.

Another article telling us not to fuck with college. Not surprised Race took the bait.

The type of degrees most Black students were pushed into were garbage, THAT'S the issue. College is still by far the most successful way to better your future.

Also the post about CCs is on point. Great way to reduce costs in half

another poster who doesnt read articles 🙄 the orginial post is not discouraging Black ppl from going to college dumbass

The anti-college crowd always amuses me. If you thought college was an instant key to success, you're an idiot. People simply going to college doesn't guarantee anything. You have to got to college with a purpose, plan, and understanding of what you want to do. Tons of people of all races are coming out of colleges with either useless degrees or degrees that they either don't know how to use or aren't willing to put in the work to use. A college degree is not a free pass to wealth. At best it's just the credential you need to get in the door for a lot of professions.
200w.gif

I tried cc right out of hs and that shit just wasn't me. Fucks around for 10-13 years and finally got a trade being an electrician. And like someone said you still have to go to school. I went for five years and earned an associate's degree in applied science. Got me a maintenance job and now I have a class a CDL. I would of never thunk it. But now the down side is that I have family who always want the "hook up". Foh. I'll tell you what to do. Lol

Niggas gonna STEM and mathematics degree their way right into the same problem that currently exists in the job market.

Last edited:
Right now..you can go to community college where I live, in a year and a half get a degree in HVAC, and cause we in the south and shit..27 dollars in hour..and they begging for workers. But..cats be going to college for shit that’s careers for shit that in the realm of being systematically racist. But I salute them niggaz that’s gettting law degrees, degrees in arts, humanities, science, and medicine. It’s a steep hill to climb..me personally I did HVAC and Computer science, wages was in the 20’s, unfortunately I hate that shit..so I stop doing it

Higher education is an opportunity for specialized training and social connections that will keep you competitive.
The trick is to go where the demand is or have what's in demand or both.
You ain't gotta love it, but at least be able to tolerate it enough to work through the sacrifices you will have to make.
Make the right choices and the debt(if any) will be worth the better quality of life you will afford.

But the wealth gap isn't going to be closed solely by picking the best paying job your major or trade gets you.
You also need to have some financial literacy to make good financial decisions with that money.
Own things that don't depreciate, invest, save, build retirement, learn the credit game, and etc.
And pass that knowledge on to our kids for prosperity to continue.

I do not know the family history of those in this study, but family and community influence has to be a factor. You can have access to the world, yet if there are no models as to how to take advantage of this access, you may as well not have any. People want to blame the degree choice, though I feel a terrible issue within business and healthcare is that you have a lot of people in these fields chasing money with no humanity to fuel that passion. Meanwhile, if you do pursue an education in something geared towards repairing humanity from a cultural standpoint as opposed to fueling capitalism, you can be seen as wasting your education.

If society says that aspiring to repair society over capitalizing from it is a loser's game, then we have all already lost. There are no family values left in the United States anymore. If you try to hold on to some, watch as they get diluted by greed or a desperate attempt to enter a new class.

But everything I am saying is beside the point if you're entire objective in this society is to make money.

i dont need to ask around lmao i know

again, stop using your very limited unsupplemented personal experience to find fault with Black ppl.
You’re the one in here shitting on colleges. Stop it, person.

not once have i shitted on colleges

what the fuck are you talking about weirdo?
We can start with your one-sided view of benefits some students have made from having a degree. I don’t need articles to tell me that. Why don’t you find PEOPLE who have degrees and ask them what it’s done for them once they applied it correctly.

We can start with your one-sided view of benefits some students have made from having a degree. I don’t need articles to tell me that. Why don’t you find PEOPLE who have degrees and ask them what it’s done for them once they applied it correctly.

nigga WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? are you slow?

You know what, your obtuse carcass can have this one.

1628657859998.gif
Damn shame you still can’t have a simple discussion without resulting to usual childish behavior.

Stay mad at colleges.

The title and the article is a bit of misnomer.

If the number of black people with college degrees (especially if they carry debt) are increasing and the number of blacks who own houses or profitable businesses stays relatively the same then of course the average wealth is going to decrease.

I've long said that the higher education system is resembling more and more of a cartel. It essentially has no incentive on price control because it always has a customer base due to modern society telling people that they absolutely need a college degree to have a chance at suceeding in life.

When the faulty education system clashes with a housing system that has every incentive now to constantly increase demand over supply then this is what you get. And its going to get worse.

I do not know the family history of those in this study, but family and community influence has to be a factor. You can have access to the world, yet if there are no models as to how to take advantage of this access, you may as well not have any. People want to blame the degree choice, though I feel a terrible issue within business and healthcare is that you have a lot of people in these fields chasing money with no humanity to fuel that passion. Meanwhile, if you do pursue an education in something geared towards repairing humanity from a cultural standpoint as opposed to fueling capitalism, you can be seen as wasting your education.

If society says that aspiring to repair society over capitalizing from it is a loser's game, then we have all already lost. There are no family values left in the United States anymore. If you try to hold on to some, watch as they get diluted by greed or a desperate attempt to enter a new class.

But everything I am saying is beside the point if you're entire objective in this society is to make money.
You spoke mighty word!!!

Back