Welcome To aBlackWeb

College Was Supposed to Close the Wealth Gap for Black Americans. The Opposite Happened.

The real issue with college is the cost... Economic issues always hit us the hardest. Average tuition and fees have increased more than 1200% since 1980 compared to inflation at 236% in that same timeframe....Meanwhile student loans are easy to get. Now you got folks saying only go to college for a stem degree....what they really saying is get a degree to get a job to pay your student loans... That's not a good approach knowing what I know now.

The real issue with college is the cost... Economic issues always hit us the hardest. Average tuition and fees have increased more than 1200% since 1980 compared to inflation at 236% in that same timeframe....Meanwhile student loans are easy to get. Now you got folks saying only go to college for a stem degree....what they really saying is get a degree to get a job to pay your student loans... That's not a good approach knowing what I know now.

i been searching for a eloquent way to pretty much say this

it’s bad business. It’s irresponsible they even give out that type of money at that stage which I’m not even going touch

i been searching for a eloquent way to pretty much say this

it’s bad business. It’s irresponsible they even give out that type of money at that stage which I’m not even going touch
I agree it's irresponsible from our perspective...an 18-19 year old signing up for debt without any proof of income or way to repay it. Then they compounded the issue and made most student loans almost impossible to discharge in bankruptcy.... They are started to reverse some of this and pushing student loan forgiveness.

My theory is that education is going to be subscription based one day...to the point where the only way to get a degree is to subscribe and pay for it forever.

Back