Welcome To aBlackWeb

Cleopatra (Starring Gal Gadot) (TBA)

You seem real passionate about this even though you really can't prove anything. The Ptolemy's were notoriously incestuous and it is every bit as likely that Ptolemy XII's sister-wife, Cleopatra V, birthed Cleopatra VII. If Cleopatra VII had a full sister it was most likely Berenice. There is a 7 year gap between Cleopatra VII and the next group of kids, Arsinoe IV, Ptolemy XIII, and Ptolemy XIV, who were all born within 4 years of each other and likely shared a mother. However, even that can't be proven...

You may very well be right, but my point is that you, like the rest of us, don't really know...

How can I not prove anything when you're picking up what you want to read? Did I haven't mentioned earlier that:

1) Ptolemy's wife wasn't living in Egypt at the time both Cleopatra and Arsinoe were reportedly birthed at Alexandria?

2) Senecus, a Roman writer and contemporary to Cleopatra, states that both Cleopatra and Arsinoe shared the same mother and stressed about Cleopatra's pluri-ethnic heritage-- heritage that includes her Egyptian-ess?

3) Everyone goddamn knows Arsinoe's genetic makeup for years and that her Egypto-Kushite maternal ancestry has been confirmed, given that we excavated and studied her mummy since the 2010s?

4) Ptolemy, same every Greek ruler at that time, had many concubines. A Theban courtesan known to he Arsinoe's natural mother was his favorite.

5) For your concern, courtesans in the Greek world were often but daughters and sons of vainquished rulers or warlords, takwn in captivity and raised to the coirt of the victor to ensure the perennity of the truce and assimilate the newfound lesser leaders under the culture of the victor. Why does the Lagids needed to practise courtisanship within a realm they occuped for about two-and-half centuries?? Because an indigenous Egyptian dynasty was still reportedly opposing on-and-off again Greek dominion over Egypt for hundreds of years: its last ruler, the Upper Egyptian Paious son of Harsiesi, a descendant of the latest native dynasties prior the second Persian occupation, has been defeated nearby Thebes by Ptolemy XII himself around 86BC. Arsinoe's mother was either this latter one's daughter or descendant and Ptolemy made of her his royal hostage, so he will ensure that the Pax Hellenica remains undisturbed once for all. Later in her life, the Theban courtesan none personally participated at Cleopatra and Arsinoe's upbringing as courtesans themselves, but also reportedly helped the Alexandrian and Memphite priests to learn the subtleties of the pharaonic upbringing, a tradition no Lagid ruler even fully conformed until then because the Greek Macedonians didn't desired to go native as they limired their immersion within Egyptian culture by the maintenance of religious rites and titularship, no more nor less. The princesses learned astronomy, astrology, arithmetics, theology, mysticism, physical education, gardening and hunting from the ways of the Egyptian kings, not of the Greek. They get taught how to speak both Demotic and Hieratic Egyptian, a language that the prideful Greeks spited.
Why does priests and holy men would left a sex slave defile millenia of rites and sacred traditions they so jealousively fought to preserve, unless the socalled sex slave hailed from a higher status than them within the indigenous social-religious hierarchy, so to speak the status of an indigenous royal?

Ancient Egyptians hated any foreign occupant. The Lagids were perceived as all the same as the Achaemenids and the Hyksos: royal usurpers with little to no legitimacy to the Throne. Modern indigenous Egyptians are still reportedly xenophobic and nationalist, especially toward non-African populations.
Then why does both the indigenous common class and the priesthood were so hellbent to enthrone Arsinoe's older sister instead of the former one, unless Cleopatra too was, as confirmed Senecus, mothered by the Egyptian courtesan? Only a confirmed descendant of Horus was esteemed worthy to ascend to His throne and all applauded Cleopatra's ascend to reigning.

6) Speaking of legitimacy, Cleopatra was esteemed so worthy of the Egyptian throne that three centuries following her premature death, her great-descendant the Syrian empress and socalled usurpress Roman Empress Zabiba Beth-Zabbai has been swiftly welcomed by nationalist factions in Egypt as a long-gone compatriote, praised about her royal lineage then enthroned Pharaoh under the namesake of her ancestress during the few years her Palmyrean Empire lasted: a brief yet so memorable reign she's still widely known in today's Egyptian, Swahili and Arab legends as the Queen of the Nile Nailah who wrestled fiercely against the Roman occupant.
Once again, Egyptians hated and still hates foreigners. Then why seeing into the 13x great-granddaughter of a Lagid queen - a woman of Greek-Roman, Syrian, Jewish, Arabic, Persian, Armenian, Anatolian and Lybian ancestry, a distant descendant of the Claudio-Julian dynasty and of foreign chieftains - some legitimacy unless from Zabiba's veins rushed too the blood of the socalled antikings of Upper Egypt, the nationalist faction by which Arsinoe' and therefore Cleopatra's mother hailed from?

If you willfully ignore all of these evidences, it's up to you. But don't try make me pass like the fool around here.

The Puntite colonists in matter were Afro-Asiatic speakers. Even perhaps Proto-Cushites. They settled around Northern Sudan, Upper Egypt and its vicinities around 10,000 BCE ans mingled with the earlier nomadic and fishing-gathering Chancelade Men/Paleolithic West Eurasian, Iberomaurusian, Proto-Nilo-Saharan and Proto-Afrasian group populations settled there beforehand. Further Proto-Nilo-Saharan, Pastoral Saharan (mixed Cushitic/Savannah Pastoral Saharan) and latter Libyco-Berber, Proto-Canaanite and Near East Neolithic Farmer (who were lighter skinned Afro-Asiatic speakers) group elements followed up around 7,000 to 2,500 BCE.

The first populations to settle an agropastoral livelihood in the Upper Nile regions of Central Northeast Africa, the Great Lakes regions, East Africa and Sudan were Afro-Asiatic speakers of Cushitic and Proto-Cushitic stock. The ancient Egyptians were closely related to the southern Kushites of Lower Nubia, who were a population of mixed Cushitic and Nilo-Sudanese stock neighboring the Nilo-Sudanese Ta-Sety bowmen (their frequent interunions were the reasons whence Nilotic elements were found amid the Abydos rulers of the Proto-Dynastic and Early Dynastic periods) . Eventually, the two populations mingled so frequently that Ta-Sety evolved within the next few millenia into an another denomination for Kush and that in Late Roman Antiquity, the darker-skinned Nubae tribe from northwest Sudan (ancestors to the Nubas, Chollø and various other Nilo-Saharan speaking populations from all over Northeast Africa, Central Africa and East Africa) claimed ancestral royal kinship and birthright to their contemporary Meroitic royals and their regal seat, in spite the latter ones were said to be generally as "red" skinned (dark to medium-light reddish-brown skin) as the generic Meroitic population.

The genetic makeup of the Upper Egyptians, Fellahins and Copts remains still predominantly indigenous, which suggests that they are all the closest genetic descendants of ancient Egyptians alive, who mingled with latter populations while still preserving much of their ethnocultural, genotypical and phenotypical makeups (the Copts being the more mixed of these groups) .

If you've seen pictures of Moustafa Gadallah, Fellahis, Bohairic Egyptians and modern Upper Egyptians, it will give you an idea about how close they still remains to the likeness of their ancestors.

Please! For the love of god! Tell my why I should read that humungous walll of text up there. Two sentences or less, please.

Oh also... Ancient Egyptians were Black People. From Africa. This isn't rocket science.

How can I not prove anything when you're picking up what you want to read? Did I haven't mentioned earlier that:

1) Ptolemy's wife wasn't living in Egypt at the time both Cleopatra and Arsinoe were reportedly birthed at Alexandria?

2) Senecus, a Roman writer and contemporary to Cleopatra, states that both Cleopatra and Arsinoe shared the same mother and stressed about Cleopatra's pluri-ethnic heritage-- heritage that includes her Egyptian-ess?

3) Everyone goddamn knows Arsinoe's genetic makeup for years and that her Egypto-Kushite maternal ancestry has been confirmed, given that we excavated and studied her mummy since the 2010s?

4) Ptolemy, same every Greek ruler at that time, had many concubines. A Theban courtesan known to he Arsinoe's natural mother was his favorite.

5) For your concern, courtesans in the Greek world were often but daughters and sons of vainquished rulers or warlords, takwn in captivity and raised to the coirt of the victor to ensure the perennity of the truce and assimilate the newfound lesser leaders under the culture of the victor. Why does the Lagids needed to practise courtisanship within a realm they occuped for about two-and-half centuries?? Because an indigenous Egyptian dynasty was still reportedly opposing on-and-off again Greek dominion over Egypt for hundreds of years: its last ruler, the Upper Egyptian Paious son of Harsiesi, a descendant of the latest native dynasties prior the second Persian occupation, has been defeated nearby Thebes by Ptolemy XII himself around 86BC. Arsinoe's mother was either this latter one's daughter or descendant and Ptolemy made of her his royal hostage, so he will ensure that the Pax Hellenica remains undisturbed once for all. Later in her life, the Theban courtesan none personally participated at Cleopatra and Arsinoe's upbringing as courtesans themselves, but also reportedly helped the Alexandrian and Memphite priests to learn the subtleties of the pharaonic upbringing, a tradition no Lagid ruler even fully conformed until then because the Greek Macedonians didn't desired to go native as they limired their immersion within Egyptian culture by the maintenance of religious rites and titularship, no more nor less. The princesses learned astronomy, astrology, arithmetics, theology, mysticism, physical education, gardening and hunting from the ways of the Egyptian kings, not of the Greek. They get taught how to speak both Demotic and Hieratic Egyptian, a language that the prideful Greeks spited.
Why does priests and holy men would left a sex slave defile millenia of rites and sacred traditions they so jealousively fought to preserve, unless the socalled sex slave hailed from a higher status than them within the indigenous social-religious hierarchy, so to speak the status of an indigenous royal?

Ancient Egyptians hated any foreign occupant. The Lagids were perceived as all the same as the Achaemenids and the Hyksos: royal usurpers with little to no legitimacy to the Throne. Modern indigenous Egyptians are still reportedly xenophobic and nationalist, especially toward non-African populations.
Then why does both the indigenous common class and the priesthood were so hellbent to enthrone Arsinoe's older sister instead of the former one, unless Cleopatra too was, as confirmed Senecus, mothered by the Egyptian courtesan? Only a confirmed descendant of Horus was esteemed worthy to ascend to His throne and all applauded Cleopatra's ascend to reigning.

6) Speaking of legitimacy, Cleopatra was esteemed so worthy of the Egyptian throne that three centuries following her premature death, her great-descendant the Syrian empress and socalled usurpress Roman Empress Zabiba Beth-Zabbai has been swiftly welcomed by nationalist factions in Egypt as a long-gone compatriote, praised about her royal lineage then enthroned Pharaoh under the namesake of her ancestress during the few years her Palmyrean Empire lasted: a brief yet so memorable reign she's still widely known in today's Egyptian, Swahili and Arab legends as the Queen of the Nile Nailah who wrestled fiercely against the Roman occupant.
Once again, Egyptians hated and still hates foreigners. Then why seeing into the 13x great-granddaughter of a Lagid queen - a woman of Greek-Roman, Syrian, Jewish, Arabic, Persian, Armenian, Anatolian and Lybian ancestry, a distant descendant of the Claudio-Julian dynasty and of foreign chieftains - some legitimacy unless from Zabiba's veins rushed too the blood of the socalled antikings of Upper Egypt, the nationalist faction by which Arsinoe' and therefore Cleopatra's mother hailed from?

If you willfully ignore all of these evidences, it's up to you. But don't try make me pass like the fool around here.

Ok. You're the scholar.

A+...

Please! For the love of god! Tell my why I should read that humungous walll of text up there. Two sentences or less, please.

Oh also... Ancient Egyptians were Black People. From Africa. This isn't rocket science.

If you gave a little more output, you would already know there has nothing about my "humongeous" text that counterdicts this.

Guys, what's the point to debate if you're monologuing? Stop wasting my time if you don't read. Give me some respect.

Last edited:
Again, like I've said earlier half of the Egyptian population are native Egyptians. If you look at them, you would know that their indigenous background was likely alike-to-a-tad-darker because very few details about them suggests they are not native to that land. They're basically still the same: slender of built, proponent to get ample, average-to-taller in height, dark reddish brown to light brown hues, globular -socketed almond-shaped dark to green eyes, wavy to frizzly dark hair, thin or prominent noses and features mostly intermediary between the Nilo-Cushites and Lybian Berbers.

The sole differences are that they're now mixed with various other populations over the last 4,000 years, yet genetically and culturally wise they're still none only the closest descendants of the ancient Egyptians alive but also their direct ethnocultural continuity.

I read somewhere Beja peoples look like ancient Egyptians

I read somewhere Beja peoples look like ancient Egyptians

They are genetically related to the native Egyptians and even genetically closer from the Nubian ethnic groups and Upper Egyptians.

Their phenotype was indeed very extremely close from quite a lot of common class Egyptians of both yore and present times. Although, one reason about such kinship is also due to frequent interunions between the Medjais or Blemmynaes, who were the forebears of the Bejas, amid other various Northeast African populations since Bronze Age. The Medjais has been employed as military and militia corps under the services of the pharaohs since the XIIth Dynasty of the Middle Kingdom period, and had matrimonial alliances alongside Egyptian royalty since as far as the IVth Dynasty, who spearheaded the Old Kingdom period.

Beja royalty is counted amid a variety of other African royals who claims today Egypto-Kushite royal pedigree (and can effortlessly traces genealogical evidence of such ancestry) .

I'd believe her playing jessica krug over her upcoming role. Im certain she would get a oscar and accept it in blackface.lol.

Given that she will pose as a mixed-race (very) yellow Afro-Brazilian woman, I doubt that people might be really offended by the blackface in matter... except perhaps the Twittersphere.

Since Zoe Zaldana is no longer a matter of actuality, these people does always found a way to stir up a newest faux outrage drama based upon complexion hang up.

I mean, Hispanic Americans does not hold the race issues the same way that Americans does, while in the meantime Israelies reportedly doubts about Gal Gadot's whiteness (some people out there think she have perhaps some African and/or Arab blood because she sometimes look a little too "exotic" when she tan up. Matter-of-factly she's part Levantine Jew: so she forcibly have some Arab Palestinian ancestry and vice versa for a majority of the latter community lol) . I don't think the eventual backlash will retents as loudly as the one she currently endure for playing Cleopatra, who remains no matter what a prominent figure in African history.

Niggas still in here caping for gal.

:hahaha:

Whose niggas doesn't?

It doesn't influence our different judgement about whether is it acceptable she play Cleopatra or the contrary. Being a ruler of mixed ancestry (whether the "mixed" part spites white folks or not, I don't fucking care: evidence is there. If niggas doubts about Spanish royalty's current legitimacy or much of the Romanovs's birthrights over reported allegations by their great-great-great-blahblah-grandmothers who admitted about morganistic affairs and their husbands getting cuckholded by the first guard or lord coming around, why should we make a fucking exception when Cleopatra's contemporaries stresses out that she was part Egyptian and that the most xenophobic people on the Nile none only loved her but wanted her for Pharaoh?) . She might had been yellow or redbone and even reportedly full-figured whatever, but still besides that Gal Gadot fits pretty well the primary cast.

Unless we found an A-list Coptic Egyptian or bi-racial Sudanese actress in her thirties who speak fluently in English, got skills and does somehow looks like Cleopatra based upon her effigies, Gadot remains the top choice. Anyway, this is a film project she and Patty Jenkins, who directed 'Wonder Woman' and 'WW84' , recently won in an auction, in full middle of a lockdown! I doubt this latter one desire to change her primary cast.

I've heard some black folks on social medias who were asking than Lupita N'yongo, Rihanna, Beyonce or Ashanti gets casted instead as Cleopatra. N****a, first where did you see than either of those women can shove themselves in the mold as mixed-race Greek Aegyptians in Hellenistic Egypt, let alone in modern Egypt?? Secondly, N'yongo may have indeed some remote famed royal pedigree in Africa, she does not looks like Cleopatra and for the last news so did this latter one didn't appears like a Kenyan-Mexican-born Luo noblewoman neither... whom to the rest, they can't act nor does looks like Cleopatra neither. You can at least tries the prothestics onto Bey, but she can't act!

Gal lasts far much credible, simply because she had enough physiognomical affinities with Cleopatra facially speaking, and also because this former one appears as racially ambiguous even for her fellow Israeli cocitizens.
A little darkening makeup here, a little more tanning there then a medley of realistic fat suit, practical effects and VFX all over and the work is done: as if Cleopatra herself did almost rose back from the dead!

I've never really understood why black folks cared so much about Cleopatra. She was partially of European descent and a ruler in Egypt when it was basically under European rule. And even her native heritage probably wasn't what we would call black. By that point in Egyptian history, Egypt had been conquered and reconquered so much that even if we could say it was originally a black civilization, it probably wasn't that anymore.

Back