Chick alleged drug raped in the middle of an ATL club...wtf

Here's your problem, as well as everyone els that runs this line of thinking:

No one... Lemme write that again so we're clear fam... NO ONE has said, alluded to, or in any way insinuated that any woman deserves to be raped. Under no circumstances should that ever happen and I'm pretty sure that everyone here is in agreement with this sentiment.

To even put that out there tells me that y'all ain't even trying to be genuine in this convo.

Saying that a person has steps they can take to stay safe and not be a victim of a crime isn't victim blaming.

@Duwop , and be honest here... How many time in your life has one of your peoples been caught slippin and you told them "Yo dawg, if you hadn't been out there <insert activity that would get a nigga hemmed up>, you wouldn't have <insert negative action taken against said friend>"

If your boy, cousin, etc was walking around with a few grand in his pocket, jewels flashing, and designer fits on and he was walking through Dundalk or Orangeville and got robbed for everything and showed up at your doorstep in his drawls and socks wouldn't you tell him "You shouldn't have been out there like that, you know how niggas get down"?

Ain't that the same as this so-called "victim blaming"?

Nope, and it's a legit criticism of a person's behavior. It's making them accountable for their own actions that created the opening to becoming a victim.

If I hadn't been out on the stoop at 2am, I wouldn't have been hit by a cop's bullet.
If I had been more aware of my surroundings over off Michigan Ave and had my door locked and windows up, a nigga wouldn't have been able to jump in my ride and rob me at gunpoint.
Shit, for that matter if I shouldn't have had nearly a grand on me when it happened.

A lot of shit that happens to people could have been prevented if we took time to heed warnings, instructions, and just plain common sense before getting into situations that can end up badly. Women are not off the hook for the shit they do in this way either.

Nobody said yall are condoning rape tho. Trying to shift the focus more on what women can do to prevent this vs what men can do to prevent this is victim blaming. You gonna say that pc culture bullshit but thats what you doing victim blaming

Nobody said yall are condoning rape tho. Trying to shift the focus more on what women can do to prevent this vs what men can do to prevent this is victim blaming. You gonna say that pc culture bullshit but thats what you doing victim blaming

Its common as fuck for chicks to get that drunk... Is it bad? Yea it is.... But do they deserve to be raped for it??

Fuck no.... And to suggest that is fucking disgusting as a human being

Dude.

You be on some other shit, you be on the complete opposite end of the spectrum when it comes to women and accountability.

You worked very hard for your patch, wear that bitch with pride and quit seeking sympathy.

Lol ok i dont see myself on the whole other end of the spectrum tho thats a lil extreme. As far as this thread goes aint no extremes here.

See that's what I'm talking about.

If your boy get robbed cuz he was slipping? Are you not riding for him?

Who you more mad at?

Your boy or the robber. Cuz I don't give a fuck how sloppy my mans moving, if he got got, and know who did it. We going out there.

Everybody ain't always gonna move perfect. Like I said... Chicks get drunk every night. Every night. There's thousands of drunk chicks in every city right now.... That's not the problem.

The problem is the dude who targets them.

So I'm directing my anger at that dude

My whole thing is to suggest that women need to stop getting drunk so they don't get raped is stupid.

As long as alcohol is for sale.. women gonna get drunk.

Niggaz need not to prey on that shit and fuck them they unconcious and unresponsive

With all due respect this is silliness. All people need to stop getting stupidly drunk in public especially when they aren't with people who have their back.

That shit is ridiculous. It's not about victim blaming. It's about being responsible. You have a lock on your door at home right? You use it don't you. You shouldn't have to worry about people coming in your house and stealing your shit but you do.

It's silly to say that we need to get criminals to stop acting like criminals. People who do foul shit can't be expected to behave properly, so all you can do is what's necessary to make yourself less of a target. I'm not for blaming chicks when they get raped. All the blame is on the rapists. I'm for getting women and whoever else might be a target to do what it takes to keep themselves safe.

You still don't get it. Nigga if you get robbed tomorrow 'cause you was out flossin ya jewels and shit niggas is gonna tell you you were stupid as fuck to be out there doing that shit. Is that victim blaming? Fuck no, it's tellin' it like it is. We ain't gonna have no thinkpieces or essays on telling niggas not to rob. We're gonna tell you how dumb you were for flossin in the wrong hood when you know how niggas gets down.

And that's the EXACT SAME THING. What you call "victim blaming" is letting people know "hey, you fucked up... don't do that shit again".

You still don't get it. Nigga if you get robbed tomorrow 'cause you was out flossin ya jewels and shit niggas is gonna tell you you were stupid as fuck to be out there doing that shit. Is that victim blaming? Fuck no, it's tellin' it like it is. We ain't gonna have no thinkpieces or essays on telling niggas not to rob. We're gonna tell you how dumb you were for flossin in the wrong hood when you know how niggas gets down.

And that's the EXACT SAME THING. What you call "victim blaming" is letting people know "hey, you fucked up... don't do that shit again".

If i get robbed tomorrow wearing regular ass clothes on my way to work are they still going to say the same shit? Or they gonna say "damn niggas robbing just anybody"

Now apply that same logic to rape victim who maybe came home early and got attacked. I mean since we got scenarios and all this hypotheticals. What you tell a victim that did everything right? Thats where you point is weak.

With all due respect this is silliness. All people need to stop getting stupidly drunk in public especially when they aren't with people who have their back.

That shit is ridiculous. It's not about victim blaming. It's about being responsible. You have a lock on your door at home right? You use it don't you. You shouldn't have to worry about people coming in your house and stealing your shit but you do.

It's silly to say that we need to get criminals to stop acting like criminals. People who do foul shit can't be expected to behave properly, so all you can do is what's necessary to make yourself less of a target. I'm not for blaming chicks when they get raped. All the blame is on the rapists. I'm for getting women and whoever else might be a target to do what it takes to keep themselves safe.

And this is all that's being said but niggas wanna play dense and act like they can't figure this shit out.

You buy an alarm for your car in case niggas try to break into it or steal it.
You get a metal screen door and get safety bars and shit on your windows to keep niggas from breaking in.
You buy a safe to keep your valuables tight.
You keep money in a bank accessible via debit card and not on your person to decrease the likelihood of getting robbed
You don't slang on the block to avoid gettin locked up or shot

and we can keep going on with it. Criminals gonna crime. Some of the worst criminals came from good families where no one but that one nigga went wrong. Ain't shit we can do about that except take steps we already know to protect ourselves.

If i get robbed tomorrow wearing regular ass clothes on my way to work are they still going to say the same shit? Or they gonna say "damn niggas robbing just anybody"

Now apply that same logic to rape victim who maybe came home early and got attacked. I mean since we got scenarios and all this hypotheticals. What you tell a victim that did everything right? Thats where you point is weak.

And that ain't what's being discussed.

A woman, alone at the club, accepted a drink from a random nigga. Women have been told for decades not to accept a drink that you didn't witness being poured by a bartender and that hasn't left your sight. She didn't do that and it appears she became a victim of a criminal ass nigga because of it.

Reactions: onetoughmiracle
Also, if you did everything right and were still made a victim of a crime, then there was nothing you could do to stop it. But saying "teach our sons..." does NOTHING in the long run because a rapist ass nigga is still gonna be a rapist ass nigga regardless of what he's taught.

Who you more mad at?

Your boy or the robber. Cuz I don't give a fuck how sloppy my mans moving, if he got got, and know who did it. We going out there.

Everybody ain't always gonna move perfect. Like I said... Chicks get drunk every night. Every night. There's thousands of drunk chicks in every city right now.... That's not the problem.

and no one is saying anything against that Du.

We're saying "protect yourself so fuck shit doesn't happen".

When I was younger I knew what hoods not to roll through with my rings, chains, and shit flashing. I had an alarm on my car but I also had a pull-out radio so it wouldn't get stolen. Guess what happened? The one night I came home tired as fuck and left the radio in the car it got stolen right in my driveway underneath my bedroom window.

I knew better than to leave it in the ride and my shit got ganked.

I had this dope ass Adidas leather bomber jacket. My homie had a fresh ass Pelle leather. We went up in the Currency Exchange club in downtown Detroit. At first we were like "let's throw the jackets in the trunk" but then was like "nah, they'll be aiight on the floor in the back seat." Went in the club, came out some hours later and my dude's back window was broken out and not only was the coats gone but his radio was gone as well. We knew better than to leave that shit out but did it anyways.

We were victims of our own laziness and that's the kind of shit we're talking about. In certain situations you simply can't afford to slip up 'cause you never know who's watching you. Women are particularly vulnerable so they need to be extra aware and diligent about doing things the right way to decrease their chance of becoming a victim of a predator.

That's all we're saying.

This line of reasoning makes no sense to me. Are you saying that just because some people catch hell despite doing nothing wrong that you should never point out the wrong that others did?

Yes, some women get raped despite doing everything right. Does that mean that it's wrong to tell women that they shouldn't take drinks from men they don't know. Sometimes kids do everything right and still have bad things happen to them. Does that mean we shouldn't tell them not to talk to strangers/

Reactions: DOS_patos
Here's your problem, as well as everyone els that runs this line of thinking:

No one... Lemme write that again so we're clear fam... NO ONE has said, alluded to, or in any way insinuated that any woman deserves to be raped. Under no circumstances should that ever happen and I'm pretty sure that everyone here is in agreement with this sentiment.

To even put that out there tells me that y'all ain't even trying to be genuine in this convo.

Saying that a person has steps they can take to stay safe and not be a victim of a crime isn't victim blaming.

@Duwop , and be honest here... How many time in your life has one of your peoples been caught slippin and you told them "Yo dawg, if you hadn't been out there <insert activity that would get a nigga hemmed up>, you wouldn't have <insert negative action taken against said friend>"

If your boy, cousin, etc was walking around with a few grand in his pocket, jewels flashing, and designer fits on and he was walking through Dundalk or Orangeville and got robbed for everything and showed up at your doorstep in his drawls and socks wouldn't you tell him "You shouldn't have been out there like that, you know how niggas get down"?

Ain't that the same as this so-called "victim blaming"?

Nope, and it's a legit criticism of a person's behavior. It's making them accountable for their own actions that created the opening to becoming a victim.

If I hadn't been out on the stoop at 2am, I wouldn't have been hit by a cop's bullet.
If I had been more aware of my surroundings over off Michigan Ave and had my door locked and windows up, a nigga wouldn't have been able to jump in my ride and rob me at gunpoint.
Shit, for that matter if I shouldn't have had nearly a grand on me when it happened.

A lot of shit that happens to people could have been prevented if we took time to heed warnings, instructions, and just use plain common sense before getting into situations that can end up badly. Women are not off the hook for the shit they do in this way either.

To call it "victim blaming" does nothing more than create a perpetual victimhood where women are never held accountable for shit they do.
Yall so fucking lucky i aint a mod.

I woulda banned you victim blaming fucks.

Yall stay taking the sides of degenerates and deviants.

Yall rather teach girls how to dress and behave in a modest fashion, when we should be teaching these boys the meaning of "stop" "no" and "dont".

Just think how far we would be as a society if 10 years ago we made that the societal standard.

The problem is yall mother fuckers got hang ups with the women, females and moms, that did you dirty, and want to punish all women for the actions of the very few from your po'dunk hometown.

Yall would rather force people to cover up and act like fucking Mennonites, than you mother fuckers learn some gotdamn self control.

Grown ass children.
these are two very interesting posts.

both have great points.....

one one side..i can see wanting to wanting to have someone not provoke niggas.
not because its a strike on the women....the way i see it is more....shawty cover up because these niggas aint shit.
i see that as being proactive towards women rather then victim blaming. because bottom line is ..niggas aint shit and look for an opening.

but both can be right....
i will not say a woman deserves to be touched because of what shes dressed like. the dress code wont matter to aint shit dudes but it can draw unwanted attention. and its more niggas just waiting for a chance.

but i think we should not get stuck on accountability as a way to victim blame.

i can say that i think like both of you and i will say ....i think were this all goes left is because people like @konceptjones and I hold ourselves to a certain standard and a high code of accountability. and samson has a point of niggas having self control. something i also practice and beleive in.

every action has a reaction.
our ladies aint stupid
all nigga aint shit.

why cant both of them work side by side vs seeing it only one way?

everyone is saying the same just different ways....that doesnt make someone defending any action.

but you are putting too much on the hope the guy was raised to respect women.
why cant it be that thats whats being implied by saying dont stand out to predators?

this is a basic tactic within the animal kingdom for survival. dont stand out or seem weak or you may get preyed on. and even if you dont stand out things can still happen. but the odds go up if you do.

its that simple.
nothing more to it.
now if you take that as anything other than another way of someone saying protect yourself or watch out for these fuck niggas.....you might mentally be somewhere else.

Yall so fucking lucky i aint a mod.

I woulda banned you victim blaming fucks.

Yall stay taking the sides of degenerates and deviants.

Yall rather teach girls how to dress and behave in a modest fashion, when we should be teaching these boys the meaning of "stop" "no" and "dont".

Just think how far we would be as a society if 10 years ago we made that the societal standard.

The problem is yall mother fuckers got hang ups with the women, females and moms, that did you dirty, and want to punish all women for the actions of the very few from your po'dunk hometown.

Yall would rather force people to cover up and act like fucking Mennonites, than you mother fuckers learn some gotdamn self control.

Grown ass children.

You're smarter than this fam.

Nobody is taking the side of rapists. Re-Read the thread, slowly if necessary. I want you to quote where ANYONE sided with these "degenerates and deviants". I already know you can't because the shit never fuckin happened.

We don't have to teach boys the meaning of "stop, no, and don't" because we're already doing that in the same way we're teaching them everything else. If you or your people ain't doin' it, or if you weren't taught yourself then that's y'alls failures as parents but don't put that bullshit on the rest of us.

Ain't nobody looking to punish all women. That's some fuck shit you pulled out of your ass and, truthfully, it needs to stop. You ain't being real about this shit right now dawg and you know it. The only reason niggas believe that some woman hurt them is because they, themselves, were hurt: You're projecting your own troubled, checkered past on other niggas. Cut that shit out.

Nobody is tellin' chicks to cover up or any of that other bullshit. If someone said that in this thread, please point it out 'cause I must have missed it.

All anyone is saying is be aware and diligent about protecting yourself. There are steps you can take so you don't wind up in situations like this.

Who you more mad at?

but its two ways to look at this.

1. you ride for your homie.....but if you dont say nothing to him about getting into the situation in the first place, are you being real to your homie.

2. or your homie knowing you will ride for him so he doesnt take proper precautions.

either way,,,your homie might need to be looked at .......and no im not saying a chick should be looked at the same.....on the grand scheme ...robbery and rape are two very different things.