Welcome To aBlackWeb

Cheating Culture

Word.
I do things just because of how I was raised but otherwise I'm like wtf is the benefit to this other than being a "good person"
Especially when it seems like muhfuckas are winning who could gaf about morales.
The last part could be a perception thing cause I've definitely heard women lament similarly about being hoes vs good girls.

Nobody is winning anything.

It's just that you have a group of people that prioritizes immediate gratification and emotional nihilism. Then you have another group of people that are holding on to values that no longer guarantees safety and stability from a community.

Lol, most of values we hold are to enrich a community, it's not to enrich ourselves. Community is something that no longer exists.

Instead we have discrete individuals that interact with impersonal systems that promises a set of outcomes, depending on your behavior, following the systems' rules.

Lol so when you are dating or whatever, you are hoping one person is strong enough to stay committed to something that depends on you rewarding them for their commitment.

They aren't dating into a community or an intact to generational family structure, it's just you. Most people aren't enough to provide value.

So now, you are falling back to hoping that the person you are seeing is a "good" person. Or their life is secure and full instead of mundane slop, so they aren't chasing thrills. Lol.

Good luck with that lol. I surrendered to the Game long time ago.

Last edited:
  • Ether
Reactions: GNS
The foundation of “cheating culture” if we’re being honest, is friends covering for their friends or at the very least being aware without “snitching”

What’s your stance on this? How do you approach finding out a close friend has been cheating?
After talking to them about changing their ways and they don’t I would cut them off.

Can’t trust you

After talking to them about changing their ways and they don’t I would cut them off.

Can’t trust you

You better than me. I've immediately cut ties and told the interested party. I could probably try to have a bit more grace about it. Fuck that nigga though, he wound up doing some even slimier shit afterwards.

aren't more and more folks seemingly going the poly route anyway? "open marriages/relationships" and things like that?

*shrugs*

aren't more and more folks seemingly going the poly route anyway? "open marriages/relationships" and things like that?

*shrugs*

You can still cheat in an open/poly scenario. Cheating really just boils down to doing something intimate and/or sexual with another person that goes outside the agreement and boundaries of your primary relationship. So even somebody in an open relationship can still cheat if it's breaking the boundaries of that relationship

Just because it appears a way doesn't mean it actually is that way when you actually analyze it. Like I said in my 1st post it's not acceptable at all because there are actual social and financial consequences for cheating. Even moreso than in the past because of the fact that it's more out in the open. People aren't really cheating more. We're just actually aware of the amount of people that cheat...and it's always been alot of them.

Good point. Stands to reason that a less hostile environment will lead to greater propagation, to be fair. If we follow that, it is likely that people are indeed cheating more. All of this is conjecture though without numbers from today and yesteryear.

Your point? The flippancy seems to be to op's point.

my point was if folks were leaning more towards poly/open relationships then the likelihood of said cheating would probably significantly less.. but @BlackRain makes a good point

You can still cheat in an open/poly scenario. Cheating really just boils down to doing something intimate and/or sexual with another person that goes outside the agreement and boundaries of your primary relationship. So even somebody in an open relationship can still cheat if it's breaking the boundaries of that relationship

By the way.

This is the very first sentence in this thread

“I feel cheating should be looked down on much more than it is”

Because some yall acting like I said it totally acceptable. The social consequences ain’t hard enough for me

Cheating is deception, there's no way to defend it

However, I'll say

Women cheating is 10x worse than men cheating

Why?

Locks and keys, locks and keys..

I honestly think y'all confusing media for real life.

Cuz niggaz would be mad disappointed in me if I got caught cheating on my wife of 13 years... With 2 kids.... Nobody would give me an "oh well" that shit would be a nightmare and I'd be considered a fucking idiot.

It's only normalized amongst known cheaters.. Cuz it's essentially their personality.

And celebrities.... Cuz that shit all for show anyway...

Life way deeper than the shit y'all see in y'all phones

@Dwayne why don't you stop beating around the bush and tell us the story. We're here for you.
I knew this was coming lololol

But I legit have no story.

I been wanted to make this thread and hinted at this in a few other threads.

it was because dudes that have a bunch of babymommas also cheating

I’m just ready to shame that shit lolololol

I knew this was coming lololol

But I legit have no story.

I been wanted to make this thread and hinted at this in a few other threads.

it was because dudes that have a bunch of babymommas also cheating

I’m just ready to shame that shit lolololol

Word. But don't we all shame that shit?

Some people are just trash but that's no reason to bring back the scarlet letter.

Back