Welcome To aBlackWeb

TECH ChatGPT Thread

The only problem with that analogy is that there is a methodical way to make a machine safer. There’s not such a method for social media and I’d hypothesize that if left to its own devices it would get even worse. Just look at how many people are getting misled with bad actors and AI now.

And when governments and entities try to make it safer everybody screams “they’re impeding our free speech”, so there’s not even an appetite for a safer social media. Nobody wants an unsafe car but people are ok with unsafe social media.

Seatbelts were once seen as impeding on rights lol

There’s always going to be people w the minds to create something to fact check these things. There’s ways to analyze the system. This is why Snopes or Politifact exist. so I’m sure there will be something like an “AI checker” (or what have you) that will be implemented into our society.

Nothing can go unchecked.

Seatbelts were once seen as impeding on rights lol

There’s always going to be people w the minds to create something to fact check these things. There’s ways to analyze the system. This is why Snopes or Politifact exist. so I’m sure there will be something like an “AI checker” (or what have you) that will be implemented into our society.

Nothing can go unchecked.
Yeah but how many people actually use those resources? That’s the problem. And if social media uses those to add context to posts, then people just say “who fact checks the fact checkers”.

Better to just not let it out at all, but who decides that? Billionaire oligarchs like Elon Musk who have an obvious political leaning and self interests?

My point is they dutifully parrot what they hear from people in positions of authority and you need a viable counterbalance to not end up living in Orwell shit
And that’s the other problem. We have experts for a reason, people who have spent their lives researching and working in a field. Why wouldn’t they convey their messages as opposed to some conspiracy theorist on social media?

And the counterbalance is varying mainstream sources. Fox counterbalances MSNBC, etc. And at least the journalists from each side have credentials.

And that’s the other problem. We have experts for a reason, people who have spent their lives researching and working in a field. Why wouldn’t they convey their messages as opposed to some conspiracy theorist on social media?

And the counterbalance is varying mainstream sources. Fox counterbalances MSNBC, etc. And at least the journalists from each side have credentials.
All the counterbalances you listed take orders form the same people

I prefer the freedom to evaluate who and who isn’t a conspiracy theorist on my own, that’s a phrase that is used with varying amounts of integrity

If we can only trust mainstream sources in the future that’s a massive L

They would have way too much power

But hell they’d probably get duped too
They'd absolutely get duped because they're all about being first instead of accurate

Like say someone created an AI of a mass shooting. Guarantee that news agencies would run with it before realizing its fake

Government funded? Lol. Cmon blue.
Lol we fully know BBC World Services and news displayed in North America isn't the same thing or even close.

But most importantly they are news services from different countries and the biggest facts regarding politics:

No one can agree
No one can keep secrets

Lol we fully know BBC World Services and news displayed in North America isn't the same thing or even close.

But most importantly they are news services from different countries and the biggest facts regarding politics:

No one can agree
No one can keep secrets
They're all compromised in one way or the next. Sorry.

If you start a business and use AI to create the logo, does the AI company have legal grounds to dispute your ownership of the logo?

Back