Welcome To aBlackWeb

TECH ChatGPT Thread

If we can only trust mainstream sources in the future that’s a massive L

They would have way too much power

But hell they’d probably get duped too
Mainstream can be news from multiple publishers left right independent then that can go across the entire world.

Random people posting stuff on social media and it been treated as factual without any evidence needs to stop

Mainstream can be news from multiple publishers left right independent then that can go across the entire world.

Random people posting stuff on social media and it been treated as factual without any evidence needs to stop
Imagine a world where the vice president is recorded out at a bar sexually assaulting a young woman who is passed out. It’s an actual event that had only intoxicated witnesses. It gets posted online.

The president calls the head of NBC and says “tell them we’ve analyzed it and it’s AI”

You probably believe NBC right now even though I just told you it was real

Imagine a world where the vice president is recorded out at a bar sexually assaulting a young woman who is passed out. It’s an actual event that had only intoxicated witnesses. It gets posted online.

The president calls the head of NBC and says “tell them we’ve analyzed it and it’s AI”

Why would respectful new organisation run with that without conducting their own investigation that's literally their job.

Why would respectful new organisation run with that without conducting their own investigation that's literally their job.
I think it will end up being too good for a true analysis to be conclusive, and claims of such would be smoke and mirrors too

That is definitely going to happen and be an issue for a minute. Twitter's influence on the masses has shown me that people will believe anything online and have next to no media literacy.

It's going to be terrible. It's going to be amazing.

If we can only trust mainstream sources in the future that’s a massive L

They would have way too much power

But hell they’d probably get duped too
The hate of mainstream media is a bit unwarranted. I’ll take trained and seasoned journalists over individuals with no background and training.

There’s pros and cons to each side, but I think the cons from social media misinformation greatly outweighs the cons from mainstream media. Both sides are going to report with bias and neither can be fully trusted so I’d rely on those with education and training.

We didn’t have social media for all of history until the last 10 years or so and we were ok.

The hate of mainstream media is a bit unwarranted. I’ll take trained and seasoned journalists over individuals with no background and training.

There’s pros and cons to each side, but I think the cons from social media misinformation greatly outweighs the cons from mainstream media. Both sides are going to report with bias and neither can be fully trusted so I’d rely on those with education and training.

We didn’t have social media for all of history until the last 10 years or so and we were ok.
I felt this way until I saw how badly they bungled COVID which led to massive social development problems for young people

There was never any scientific support for masks or lockdowns making a statistically significant difference in viral spread but they followed orders from the powers that be and pretended both were critical

Seeing that they were capable of doing that so authoritatively changed my views a lot

Social media and AI have its issues. And yes, real humans will always be better.

The problem is that last 10-15 years have created a heavy dependency on all new technologies and social media. If we were to lessen that or do away with it, it would likely be catastrophic to our way of life. It’s how we now fully function. I don’t think we can “go back”, ever.

When cars were first introduced (thanks to the carriage) those who could only see the way of life by horse didn’t see the impact it would have for its future. They simply seen it as lazy.

Are there cons to cars? Sure. Fuel, accidents, pollution, junk cars etc. But the pros it brought were greater than its cons. We learn to deal w the cons for the pros. If we revert back to horses, we collapse everything we know today.

I felt this way until I saw how badly they bungled COVID which led to massive social development problems for young people

There was never any scientific support for masks or lockdowns making a statistically significant difference in viral spread but they followed orders from the powers that be and pretended both were critical

Seeing that they were capable of doing that so authoritatively changed my views a lot
People also act like Covid wasn’t novel and everybody wasn’t just trying to figure shit out.

They acted like the people in charge were supposed to know everything from day one and nothing was supposed to change.

Social media and AI have its issues. And yes, real humans will always be better.

The problem is that last 10-15 years have created a heavy dependency on all new technologies and social media. If we were to lessen that or do away with it, it would likely be catastrophic to our way of life. It’s how we now fully function. I don’t think we can “go back”, ever.

When cars were first introduced (thanks to the carriage) those who could only see the way of life by horse didn’t see the impact it would have for its future. They simply seen it as lazy.

Are there cons to cars? Sure. Fuel, accidents, pollution, junk cars etc. But the pros it brought were greater than its cons. We learn to deal w the cons for the pros. If we revert back to horses, we collapse everything we know today.
The only problem with that analogy is that there is a methodical way to make a machine safer. There’s not such a method for social media and I’d hypothesize that if left to its own devices it would get even worse. Just look at how many people are getting misled with bad actors and AI now.

And when governments and entities try to make it safer everybody screams “they’re impeding our free speech”, so there’s not even an appetite for a safer social media. Nobody wants an unsafe car but people are ok with unsafe social media.

People also act like Covid wasn’t novel and everybody wasn’t just trying to figure shit out.

They acted like the people in charge were supposed to know everything from day one and nothing was supposed to change.
My point is they dutifully parrot what they hear from people in positions of authority and you need a viable counterbalance to not end up living in Orwell shit

Back