Welcome To aBlackWeb

Here go niggas (silverfoxx) reading too much into a trailer from a movie Jordan Peele affiliated with and Du getting annoyed black people as a collective like something and tries to call it trendy

People did the same thing to Us.

It's one trailer that did what it's supposed to do and that's get everyone talking and excited about the film

Let's not over think an edited minute and a half compilation of clips y'all

well since youre bringing up the trailer, peele puts way too much in the trailer. the whole get out movie was in the trailer

Last edited:
I didn't think Us was that good and it was a movie imo that tried to be way too deep where it was unnecessary and the message was lost in translation. What was the point in the doppelgangers holding hands again ? People judge you after your last effort so the criticism is gonna be there.

With remakes, most people forget that nostalgia plays a big role in how we rate what comes after.
this is fair

I do think Us was intended to be a think piece. but you talking to someone who enjoys dissecting Lupe lyrics so maybe I looked for things that weren't there while watching the actual film

but then maybe again, his goal was for everyone to view the movie through different lenses instead of coming to the same conclusion like you would with a movie like the IT remake which was pretty straightforward

and iirc, the whole holding hands thing was the play on the shit that happened irl for that world campaign

well since youre bringing up the trailer, peele puts way too much in the trailer. the whole get movie was in the trailer
well I can see that with Get Out but you still had no idea where that movie was gonna go before you actually saw it

Us to me did what get out did. gave you some basic premise to go off of and wait for it to drop so you can see how close or wrong you were

Candyman, for the most part looks to be set years after the original with some original elements and a modern day story telling feel to it

Here go niggas (silverfoxx) reading too much into a trailer from a movie Jordan Peele affiliated with and Du getting annoyed black people as a collective like something and tries to call it trendy

It's one trailer that did what it's supposed to do and that's get everyone talking and excited about the film

Let me get my shit off bro.

Damn niggas can’t have opinions. But that Du shit probably right

Only thing I ain’t get about the first candy man was he got killed by crackers for fucking with white women. So you take revenge in the projects? Lol but then again fear kept him alive

Well too be fair...bruh killed whomever. Regardless. Lol. Hell he killed ole girl's therapist in front of her and bounced on her azzz to take the fall...in by far one of the most EPIC exits I've ever seen...

tumblr_mhkka45NNv1rn926to1_500 (1).gif

Not only that...he killed members of Carol Anne (I think that was her name) family who shunned him. That generational killing. Lol

Last edited:
60af6e605023b62a2f99619e731e9723b54d15ff.gifv

c09db146bcbdc4d321436d7fa8242ddcf5055d5f.gifv

9fee0df293ec4f1bed19f4b329848399366247f2.gifv

22d9842a97a00a9764ac44e71493517d20310b14.gifv

5706afb963a6c143fddc114662331f26111c94cb.gifv

c990f6bb8e442b92d1590caefe48e5f6d0a7048a.gifv

I do hope they go the route of gentrification coming to the hood and all the white people end up getting killed by the hood boogeyman.

And for whoever said they want a supernatural element, I think him being visible only in a mirror is pretty damn supernatural, lol. He’s probably just looking for his protege which is why he’s fucking with ol’ boy.

Well too be fair...bruh killed whomever. Regardless. Lol. Hell he killed ole girl's therapist in front of and bounced on her azzz in by far one of the most EPIC exits I've ever seen...

View attachment 238357

Not only that...he killed members of Carol Anne (I think that was her name) family who shunned him. That generational killing. Lol

That scene was lit nigga flew for the first time out that bitch

Back