Welcome To aBlackWeb

California mass shooting: 6 dead, at least 10 injured in Sacramento shooting

If that's the case, then it wasn't a mass shooting..........just a shootout at a club.

Starting to see a trend in which more and more shootings are being labelled like this.

Not quite sure what the end game is.

Maybe harsher penalties or something.

the end goal is harsher gun control laws. Label everything as a "mass shooting" and people get scared and will likely vote for tougher gun laws.

Ever noticed how every time there a "mass shooting", the shooter is always described as having a "military rifle", a "high powered rifle", "assault rifle", or something of the sort? Same deal, keep associating "military rifles", "high powered rifles", or "assault rifles" with "mass shootings" and now you're programming the people to believe that someone can actually, factually go out and buy an "assault rifle" knowing goddamned well citizens haven't been able to buy such a rifle in this country since the 1986 ban on the manufacture of fully automatic guns for sale to ordinary citizens.

I fully expect liberal leaning media outlets to run with the whole "mass shooting" shits.

If that's the case, then it wasn't a mass shooting..........just a shootout at a club.

Starting to see a trend in which more and more shootings are being labelled like this.

Not quite sure what the end game is.

Maybe harsher penalties or something.

I said last year IMO what the end game is.

IMO the end game is to make black people the face of mass shooters instead of white men like it is now.

With black people the face of mass shootings it will be another way to criminalize black people, another way to make us more feared, give longer prison sentences, easier to justify police violence and killings of black people, another way to justify killing us by people like George Zimmerman, etc.

With black people being in more densely populated areas. It's easier to label a neighborhood shooting as a mass shooting.

All media platforms are going to roll with this because both sides have narratives that they can use for ratings and help them with their base supporters.

bruh since the 80s(if i had to guess) lol…i remember in 1997 people calling me blood in 2nd grade…i thought it was like homie/bro

people from la,the bay and stockton all move here

Gotcha. I didn't know it was like that in Sacramento. I'm not surprised though.

What is crazy is just like many things here. There isn't a standard definition for exactly a mass shooting is.

What was said to be a mass shooting for decades was: 4 or more people killed by gunfire excluding the shooter.

Now some places define it as: 4 or more people being shot but not necessarily killed.

WTF!

smh. I was holding out hope that maybe it wasnt a blk person.

But u gotta be stupid af to do a shooting like that in a downtown of a major american city....gotta know there are cameras everywhere

But u gotta be stupid af to do a shooting like that in a downtown of a major american city....gotta know there are cameras everywhere

At this point, we gotta admit it's not stupidity. Niggas just don't care anymore. They regularly confess to crimes in songs they put out for national consumption.

Thing is it ain't even about downtown no more as far as cameras are concerned.

Once so many people bought into the illusion of security cause shit like ring cameras. It was over for any semblance not being on camera when your in certain places.

No matter where you go downtown, neighborhoods or folks with their camera phone. Folks are always on camera. Most of society literally signed up to be constantly watched to fake feel safe.

Guys... if 16 people get shot in public... that's a mass shooting.

This event lacks the intent you would normally see with mass shootings.

^^^ This happened at the end of Feb around the way from my crib. 14 people shot, one dead. The local media never once called it a "mass shooting". This was two niggas fighting, then bussin' shots at each other.

Mass shootings have an intent. The perp goes into a space with the intent to shoot/kill as many people as possible. Everything described as a "mass shooting" up to this point has this intent along with it. This particular event, while certainly tragic, lacks that intent. Looks more like niggas got to fighting, then someone pulls out the hammer and lets 'em fly, then someone else pulled theirs out and started shooting as well.

Y’all are determined to make this mass shooting something other than a mass shooting.

What are we doing here?

Niggas got shot but it ain't a mass shooting.

This ain't similar to Columbine, Aurora, Sandy Hook, Oct 1st shooting here in Vegas, Pulse Nightclub in Orlando, Virginia Tech, or any of the others.

This ain't similar to Columbine, Aurora, Sandy Hook, Oct 1st shooting here in Vegas, Pulse Nightclub in Orlando, Virginia Tech, or any of the others.

It was a mass shooting. Lol. No amount of you not wanting it to be a mass shooting will change that, B. This is pretty black and white.

My nigga @konceptjones in here talking about 'Yeah, I know it has 4 equal sides and 4 right angles, but that don't mean it's a square!'. Lol. This can't be life.

It was a mass shooting. Lol. No amount of you not wanting it to be a mass shooting will change that, B. This is pretty black and white.

My nigga @konceptjones in here talking about 'Yeah, I know it has 4 equal sides and 4 right angles, but that don't mean it's a square!'. Lol. This can't be life.

Intent matters, that's why manslaughter and murder ain't treated the same.

You're really out here trying to turn niggas bussin shots during a fight into Sandy Hook???

Intent matters, that's why manslaughter and murder ain't treated the same.

You're really out here trying to turn niggas bussin shots during a fight into Sandy Hook???

Murder and manslaughter have two very different definitions.

And no, I'm not trying to turn anything into anything. I don't have a dog in this fight, B. There really isn't anything to argue. A 'mass' shooting' is a 'mass shooting'. I didn't create the definition, my nigga.

Some would say those were terrorist attacks... but semantics 🤷🏿‍♂️

By definition "a single incident involving the shooting with one or more firearms of a number of people, but more than two and typically a large number, especially when the victims are random"

Intent is irrelevant. It falls under the same definition.

Murder and manslaughter have two very different definitions.

And no, I'm not trying to turn anything into anything. I don't have a dog in this fight, B. There really isn't anything to argue. A 'mass' shooting' is a 'mass shooting'. I didn't create the definition, my nigga.

As someone else said earlier: To define this incident as a "mass shooting" begins the process of turning mass shootings from a predominately white male problem to a Black and Brown problem.

We don't need this kind of bullshit on us. Let "mass shootings" continue to be a white problem.

Do it really matter tho

As someone else said earlier: To define this incident as a "mass shooting" begins the process of turning mass shootings from a predominately white male problem to a Black and Brown problem.

We don't need this kind of bullshit on us. Let "mass shootings" continue to be a white problem.

yes, it matters. Wording in the media always matters.

Back