Welcome To aBlackWeb

BRITTNEY GRINER IS NOW FREE!!!!!!

Nah,

She definitely inferred that the pay gap between WNBA and NBA is still an issue so she goes there to make additional money.

But then she ended it with asking the media to continue to give exposure to the sport in hopes of bringing more ad revenue to the league and hopefully increasing the pay

Man, that weak ass pay excuse. She's fresh off a contract that gave her over $200k a year. Making $165k for this season.

She's in America's top 1% of earners trying to act like she's having to make tough choices to find supplemental income to support her family.

Like why narrow your world because you can’t control ya urges?

Well she is a whole nigga now.

I recant

• Ether
Reactions: GNS
You don't have to agree with someones politics 100% and still advocate for them to be freed.

Dunno how folks are taking this as a personal slight *shrugs*
It's not a personal slight but it's like damn have you learned nothing?

What your advocating for doesn't benefit you, in fact it probably hurts you...

Now i'm not saying trannys didn't advocate for her but show me... Show me where the trans community was riding for britney griner like she is for them

A pay gap would be her being in the NBA and not getting the same as players of her skill

So a pay gap does not exist between the two different businesses.

Cmon man, you know that
Hmm

I think the word she's looking for is pay equity maybe? 🤷🏾‍♂️

Man, that weak ass pay excuse. She's fresh off a contract that gave her over $200k a year. Making $165k for this season.

She's in America's top 1% of earners trying to act like she's having to make tough choices to find supplemental income to support her family.
I'm not gonna even try to pretend like I know what her financial situation is but can I assume that she's making less than roster member no 55 on an NFL team?

Hell, don't g leaguers get what she's making?

Hmm

I think the word she's looking for is pay equity maybe? 🤷🏾‍♂️
That’s also would be incorrect

Ain’t no word in the dictionary that would make sense on what she trying to say and apply to her situation regarding pay for two different companies

I'm not gonna even try to pretend like I know what her financial situation is but can I assume that she's making less than roster member no 55 on an NFL team?

What’s the point of bringing up other leagues? I truly don’t get this angle y’all go to

Sound like personalization and it being taken as a slight
Maybe it is a lil personal for people who legit caped for her

Her coming out of foreign prison advocating for white men in dresses having their way ain't cool and is very ignorant

That’s also would be incorrect

Ain’t no word in the dictionary that would make sense on what she trying to say and apply to her situation regarding pay for two different companies
Hmm

Per syndio.io

"Pay equity is compensating people performing equal, substantially similar or comparable work in a way that is not based on workers gender or order protected category characteristic (like race or ethnicity), but instead may be explained by neutral, job related factors that differentiate workers' skills, effort, accountability and working conditions"

IDK man, but at the same time, I'm not trying to get lost in her overall message. I know what she meant but if she didn't quite use the correct terminology to the point where it takes away from her overall point, I'm not gonna trip.

I know why the difference in pay exists between the two leagues but that doesn't mean they don't get to advocate to get as much as they can

Last edited:
What’s the point of bringing up other leagues? I truly don’t get this angle y’all go to
I stand corrected and will retract my previous post

This has nothing to do with this convo

Looks like G leaguers may make a bit under $50k/ year. So she's making around 3-5 times what they make. There's no rule preventing women from playing in these leagues. If she wants NFL/NBA money, play in those leagues.

But regardless... she's in the top 1% of earners... not gonna feel bad for her financially. She makes enough that she doesn't have to go to Russia to play.

Looks like G leaguers may make a bit under $50k/ year. So she's making around 3-5 times what they make. There's no rule preventing women from playing in these leagues. If she wants NFL/NBA money, play in those leagues.

But regardless... she's in the top 1% of earners... not gonna feel bad for her financially. She makes enough that she doesn't have to go to Russia to play.
Top 1% of the entire world

Top 1% of the entire world

Shit, that's a lower bar.

I wish WNBA players would shut the fuck up about pay and let it go. Every sport's athletes don't get to go pro and be millionaires.

Sports is an entertainment industry. If the public decides they don't want to be entertained by you, it is what it is. Just like a singer... if folks don't want to hear you, you're not gonna make as much. Nobody gives a shit if you're technically doing the same job as highly paid singers.

Back