Welcome To aBlackWeb

BRITTNEY GRINER IS NOW FREE!!!!!!

"In 2019, it was reported that the league brought in $60 million dollars in revenue. Due to the current collective bargaining agreement, $12.3 million of that was distributed among players.

That same year, the NBA brought it over seven billion dollars in revenue.

Back in 2018, current NBA commissioner Adam Silver spoke on the league's financial outlook. He cited that the WNBA has never once turned a profit. The league loses roughly 10 million dollars a year and lost close to $12 million in 2017."

Where is this money supposed to come from?

Terrible and I mean from the bottom of my heart, terrible comparison.
I disagree

You said she's shitting on the NBA talking about the pay

I'm asking what's the difference in her comparing salaries/contracts when for years the NFL players compared their guaranteed contracts to the guaranteed ones in baseball?

But my original point still stands, she's trying to advocate for getting more money. Whether you feel her point is valid is a discussion I'm not going to engage in cause she should fight for every dollar she can.

"In 2019, it was reported that the league brought in $60 million dollars in revenue. Due to the current collective bargaining agreement, $12.3 million of that was distributed among players.

Back in 2018, current NBA commissioner Adam Silver spoke on the league's financial outlook. He cited that the WNBA has never once turned a profit. The league loses roughly 10 million dollars a year and lost close to $12 million in 2017."

The league and players have to do a better job promoting.

At one time I was following quite a few WNBA players on IG and they barley talked about it.

Given to them. They not coming for the women’s empowerment neck….where’s the ladies to support them?

You know how they say women lack accountability.... exhibit A

This is harsh lol

But again, I'm not gonna tell them to stop trying to get as much as they possibly can.

But I agree with your overall sentiment

They need harsh. Honestly it's because people won't be blunt with them that they keep up this silly shit. Their league is operating at a loss for damn near 30 years, and they're talking about getting a raise? Haha. They put up TX High School football attendance numbers.

They just need to be told that they're a product people aren't interested in.

They need harsh. Honestly it's because people won't be blunt with them that they keep up this silly shit. Their league is operating at a loss for damn near 30 years, and they're talking about getting a raise? Haha. They put up TX High School football attendance numbers.

They just need to be told that they're a product people aren't interested in.
Word

They're getting 20% of total revenue, and complaining...shits wild, haha.

You're mostly right.... But I will say this, WWE got women's wrestling poppin. The fans love it so anything is possible
The real dagger is for a league that is all women and lbgt positive, they don't really get much love from groups/organizations that spotlight that. Pride parade and women's marches be deep so I'm genuinely curious about the lack of support

You're mostly right.... But I will say this, WWE got women's wrestling poppin. The fans love it so anything is possible

Sex appeal isn't gonna be the WNBA's strong suit. Last time i watched the women of WWE they were sexy and half naked. And those matches aren't a stand-alone league. They sprinkle them in amongst men's matches. I don't think a standalone women's wrestling league would do very well.

Back