Welcome To aBlackWeb

BRITTNEY GRINER IS NOW FREE!!!!!!

That if the NBA really cared about the WNBA like they claim they do..........they'd put more money into it.

Since they haven't...........I have to assume they don't.

And that all the talk they're doing is just for good PR........not anything substantial.
The WNBA has lost the NBA somewhere in the neighborhood of 300 million dollars.

WNBA games are played in arenas, shown on ESPN, sponsored by NIKE and other blue chip advertisers, featured in 2K Sports video games.

The players are paid in the 6 figure range on average despite the league itself losing 10 to 12 million dollars a year. In fact, WNBA players get a higher percentage of the revenue generated by their league than NBA players get from theirs.

The league needs to emphasize individual players over marketing the brand as it has done historically. Britney Griner had a higher profile in college than she has had as a professional, same for Skyler Diggins, Dianna Taurasi, et al. Throwing more money at the league would not solve what is currently plaguing the leage. They need better application of the resources already at their disposal. Namely better marketing and positioning of their players.

WNBA games are played in arenas, shown on ESPN, sponsored by NIKE and other blue chip advertisers, featured in 2K Sports video games.

The players are paid in the 6 figure range on average despite the league itself losing 10 to 12 million dollars a year. In fact, WNBA players get a higher percentage of the revenue generated by their league than NBA players get from theirs.

The league needs to emphasize individual players over marketing the brand as it has done historically. Britney Griner had a higher profile in college than she has had as a professional, same for Skyler Diggins, Dianna Taurasi, et al. Throwing more money at the league would not solve what is currently plaguing the leage. They need better application of the resources already at their disposal. Namely better marketing and positioning of their players.
Fam, he don’t hear you.

Fam, he don’t hear you.

Nah, y'all just don't listen.

I'm right even when I'm wrong.

Y'all don't even realize that y'all are basically saying the same thing I've been saying.

I think @GNS is the only one who's picking up on it though.

Last edited:
Reactions: GNS
the WNBA Is only 25 years old. It is still a young league and way younger than a lot of those leagues a decent amount of the ladies play in to make more money.

Not too mention some of those leagues play more games overall which is why they get paid more playing there. If you work more at any job you usually will get paid more. Lol.

when the next CBA comes around they will be able to renegotiate for an even better deal if the popularity keeps growing like it is.

To be honest, I don't really think there is a way to fix the WNBA's problems. It's not a man vs woman thing. The problem is that WNBA basketball is an inferior product. I'm not saying that the women aren't good athletes or that they aren't elite ball players. I'm just saying the WNBA game lacks the speed, explosiveness, and power of the NBA gam and unfortunately those are the things that people like most about Bball.

People will watch women's gymnastics because it brings something different from the male version.

People will watch women's tennis or golf or soccer because the differences in the games when played by women vs men is less obvious.

When it comes to basketball, women games will only pull numbers when there is something else driving the support (e.g., school loyalty in the NCAA).

To be honest, I don't really think there is a way to fix the WNBA's problems. It's not a man vs woman thing. The problem is that WNBA basketball is an inferior product. I'm not saying that the women aren't good athletes or that they aren't elite ball players. I'm just saying the WNBA game lacks the speed, explosiveness, and power of the NBA gam and unfortunately those are the things that people like most about Bball.

People will watch women's gymnastics because it brings something different from the male version.

People will watch women's tennis or golf or soccer because the differences in the games when played by women vs men is less obvious.

When it comes to basketball, women games will only pull numbers when there is something else driving the support (e.g., school loyalty in the NCAA).
To your last point I just feel like college basketball is better situater than the WNBA. They better marketed UConn when they were wining every year for instance. Plus the concentration of talent on a few schools makes for better play in those bigger games.

To your last point I just feel like college basketball is better situater than the WNBA. They better marketed UConn when they were wining every year for instance. Plus the concentration of talent on a few schools makes for better play in those bigger games.

That's true too, but my point is that a lot of college teams get support just because it's something for the students to do. You might have a venue full of people that don't even care about BBall. They are just there to support their school and be part of something.

the WNBA Is only 25 years old. It is still a young league and way younger than a lot of those leagues a decent amount of the ladies play in to make more money.

Not too mention some of those leagues play more games overall which is why they get paid more playing there. If you work more at any job you usually will get paid more. Lol.

when the next CBA comes around they will be able to renegotiate for an even better deal if the popularity keeps growing like it is.

Bruh

1650395079838.png

Its been a steady decline since its inception

The league is not growing

Back