Welcome To aBlackWeb

BRITTNEY GRINER IS NOW FREE!!!!!!

To be honest, I don't really think there is a way to fix the WNBA's problems. It's not a man vs woman thing. The problem is that WNBA basketball is an inferior product. I'm not saying that the women aren't good athletes or that they aren't elite ball players. I'm just saying the WNBA game lacks the speed, explosiveness, and power of the NBA gam and unfortunately those are the things that people like most about Bball.

People will watch women's gymnastics because it brings something different from the male version.

People will watch women's tennis or golf or soccer because the differences in the games when played by women vs men is less obvious.

When it comes to basketball, women games will only pull numbers when there is something else driving the support (e.g., school loyalty in the NCAA).
Women's Volleyball...oh yeah

The WNBA could have been good when it started. But they insisted on NBA rims. Basketball without the aerial aspect is boring like pre-60s NBA. Ball should be smaller too. All these things were suggested at the time.

Bruh

View attachment 821035

Its been a steady decline since its inception

The league is not growing

From 2006 to 2017 it looks like it has plateaued and not really dropped off too far. The first few years was way higher than it was in 2017 that’s for damn sure though. Lmao. Of course 2020 and 2021 will help their television viewership due to COVID-19 but ESPN had decent stuff to say about the last few seasons

but yeah, I didn’t know the popularity dropped that bad from when they started.

Strong Regular Season Growth
The 2021 WNBA regular season averaged 306,000 viewers, a 49 percent increase over the 2020 regular season and up 24 percent over 2019. 2021 was also home to the most-viewed regular season game since 2012, when the Seattle Storm faced the Chicago Sky on August 15 on ABC, averaging 755,000 viewers. Four other ABC telecasts this season became most-viewed regular season games since 2012:

Last edited:
The WNBA could have been good when it started. But they insisted on NBA rims. Basketball without the aerial aspect is boring like pre-60s NBA. Ball should be smaller too. All these things were suggested at the time.
I think they actually do use smaller balls.

it is.

The ball is smaller and the rims are still NBA size. Should be more scoring IMO since the size of the ball is little.

Stop using buzz phrases like underpaid and lesbian when one is not true and the other didn’t matter.

Smh
Wait...did I lie about anything ...

WNBA players are under paid in America and paid more internationally

and she has been arrested for beating her WIFE- when a she has a wife she a lesbian

Oh and Russia is aggressively anti gay and arresting gay people for just existing - not even doing anything but being gay... so being a lesbian IS a part of the story because they arrested a Lesbian

so again again,...remember when Ball got arrested in China and Trump made calls to get him out? ...no one can call Russia to help Brittany cause we at WAR. If you get through to Russia you ain’t talking about the lesbian WNBA player caught with a vape pen....you talking about stopping the Genocide that’s ongoing....

Put me on ignore if you gonna act like a countries biases don’t impact their legal system....:fu3:

Damn that would effectively end her career
She done… it would be amazing if Russia let her go during a war. Like how would they hand her off… russia is actively Arresting anyone saying anything even remotely anti Russia -

you think Brittany can be trusted by Russia to say positive stuff upon release…?

think Russia playing thet game ?

feel bad for her cause I expect her to get extra bad treatment considering oursanctions

She chose a shitty time to be breaking laws. Over weed pods/cartridges lmao. Dump that shit and buy new ones when you land. They're not even expensive. Just some dumb ass shit.

Now she caught up in the politics of some shit she probably couldn't care less about. Sad it had to be one of ours. Gotta move better abroad tho.

A whole bunch of nothing was said in that article and bringing up how much the NBA makes is irrelevant

Women's Volleyball...oh yeah

It's interesting. If there was money to invest in women's sports, do you think it would have been better spent in creating the WNBA or creating a pro women's volleyball league? I think the latter might have been better. 1) There's not really any competition since there is no pro-volley ball league for men as far as I know. 2) Volleyball is already a sport where the women's game is as or more popular than the men's game.

Back