Welcome To aBlackWeb

BRITTNEY GRINER IS NOW FREE!!!!!!

Once again if they got paid more here this wouldn’t be a necessity

I’m bout to hit up Elon Musk and tell him to put some bread towards increasing WNBA salaries
Salary comes from how profitable the sport is. Where is the increased salary going to come from? The NBA is a superior product so WNBA is never going to be popular

Last edited:
Once again if they got paid more here this wouldn’t be a necessity

I’m bout to hit up Elon Musk and tell him to put some bread towards increasing WNBA salaries

Forget Elon Musk, hit up the NBA to do it.

Remember, the WNBA is a part of the NBA.

They're part of the same company.

On top of that, you're a lawyer, so you know the best way to go about leveraging a settlement with them.

Simply because, if a man and woman are working for the same company........in the same position........but the man is getting paid substantially more than the woman...........I'm no lawyer, but that should be some kind of grounds for a sex/wage/employment discrimination lawsuit.

Of course, the true salary would have to be adjusted due to the number of games played, but.........if my theory is correct.........a lot of those WNBA players should be owed back pay from years back when their salary wasn't commensurate with what men in the same position were making.

On top of that, you're a lawyer, so you know the best way to go about leveraging a settlement with them.

Simply because, if a man and woman are working for the same company........in the same position........but the man is getting paid substantially more than the woman...........I'm no lawyer, but that should be some kind of grounds for a sex/wage/employment discrimination lawsuit.

Of course, the true salary would have to be adjusted due to the number of games played, but.........if my theory is correct.........a lot of those WNBA players should be owed back pay from years back when their salary wasn't commensurate with what men in the same position were making.
Ain’t no women playing in the NBA.

Your whole argument is bogus.

Have a seat.

The wnba doesn't make a profit. So how do you think they've been getting paid as is?

🥱 Tired of some of yall.

Ain’t no women playing in the NBA.

Your whole argument is bogus.

Have a seat.
The wnba doesn't make a profit. So how do you think they've been getting paid as is?

🥱 Tired of some of yall.

Y'all are missing the point.

From a legal standpoint, they are part of the same company.

Basically, the NBA and WNBA are all under the same corporate umbrella.

@King Freeman

Granted, the WNBA doesn't make a profit...........but the NBA does.

And since the WNBA is, again, a part of the NBA corporate umbrella...........they should be entitled to a fair share of the profits.

Not just based on what the WNBA makes..........but also based on what the NBA as a whole makes.

Now, I could understand if the NBA wasn't already subsidizing the WNBA.......but, since they are, they might as well subsidize them more than they already have.

At least enough to pay them more than what they're paying them now so that the ladies don't have to go through the hardship of playing overseas.

They're all about equality right?

I mean, considering all the public service announcements and commercials the NBA has put out about equality.........diversity.........inclusion, etc........it shouldn't be a problem for them to show that they mean everything they're trying to promote by essentially ........."putting their money where their mouth is."

Should it?

I don't know man real clip.gif

@Allah_U_Akbar

This has nothing to do with women playing in the NBA.

However, it has everything to do with the players in the WNBA working for the NBA.

Let that marinate.

Y'all are missing the point.

From a legal standpoint, they are part of the same company.

Basically, the NBA and WNBA are all under the same corporate umbrella.

@King Freeman

Granted, the WNBA doesn't make a profit...........but the NBA does.

And since the WNBA is, again, a part of the NBA corporate umbrella...........they should be entitled to a fair share of the profits.

Not just based on what the WNBA makes..........but also based on what the NBA as a whole makes.

Now, I could understand if the NBA wasn't already subsidizing the WNBA.......but, since they are, they might as well subsidize them more than they already have.

At least enough to pay them more than what they're paying them now so that the ladies don't have to go through the hardship of playing overseas.

They're all about equality right?

I mean, considering all the public service announcements and commercials the NBA has put out about equality.........diversity.........inclusion, etc........it shouldn't be a problem for them to show that they mean everything they're trying to promote by essentially ........."putting their money where their mouth is."

Should it?

View attachment 819294

@Allah_U_Akbar

However, it has everything to do with the players in the WNBA working for the NBA.

Let that marinate.
While the exact percentage has not been announced, the NBA owns less than half of the WNBA. They are separate entities.

@Allah_U_Akbar

Let that marinate.

It has EVERYTHING to do with women playing in the NBA.

If a woman was playing in the NBA and faced discrimination based on gender, you might have a point.

Aint no women playing in the NBA.

You do realize that there are a lotta people who make a whole lot less than the average WNBA player and those people don’t have to “go through the hardship of playing overseas”, right?

A lotta people in this country work throughout the year and STILL don’t make what the average WNBA player makes….. For only playing a few months outta the year.

1650224663344.gif

It has EVERYTHING to do with women playing in the NBA.

If a woman was playing in the NBA and faced discrimination based on gender, you might have a point.

Aint no women playing in the NBA.

You do realize that there are a lotta people who make a whole lot less than the average WNBA player and those people don’t have to “go through the hardship of playing overseas”, right?

A lotta people in this country work throughout the year and STILL don’t make what the average WNBA player makes….. For only playing a few months outta the year.

View attachment 819306

I think what I said went over your head.

Basically, if the NBA really believes in everything they've been promoting........they shouldn't have a problem paying the ladies more than they're paying them now.

Again, asuming they truly believe what they'd like everyone to think they believe.

All of you who claim to be for gender equality and inclusion and all those other woke talking points shouldn't have a problem with this.

Unless you all don't really believe what you say you believe either.

Russell Westbrook eating popcorn and laughing in the background clip.gif

Basically, if the NBA really believes in everything they've been promoting........they shouldn't have a problem paying the ladies more than they're paying them now.

Again, asuming they truly believe what they'd like everyone to think they believe.

All of you who claim to be for gender equality and inclusion and all those other woke talking points shouldn't have a problem with this.

View attachment 819322

THE NBA DOESN'T GOVERN THE WNBA!!!!! THAT IS WHAT EVERYONE IS TRYING TO TELL YOU!!!!!!!!

The WNBA’s minimum for a player with zero to two years experience is $58,710.

The average WNBA salary for the 2021 season was $120,648.

Are some of y’all retarded enough to believe that a grown functioning adult can’t survive on that salary in the United States?

Wow.

View attachment 819322

1650229493506.png

1650229607493.png

Unfortunately, I can only give you one reaction per post, therefore I had to resort to this.

THE NBA DOESN'T GOVERN THE WNBA!!!!! THAT IS WHAT EVERYONE IS TRYING TO TELL YOU!!!!!!!!
View attachment 819362

View attachment 819363

Unfortunately, I can only give you one reaction per post, therefore I had to resort to this.

So, the WNBA isn't strong enough to make it on it's own without the NBA's help right?

Either it is or it isn't.

Y'all need to make up your mind on what you want to believe.

Whatever the ownership stake the NBA has, it's apparently enough to keep the WNBA in business.

Simply because, without the NBA's support, the WNBA wouldn't exist.

The NBA's a billion dolllar business.

So, if they really believed in the WNBA, why not take full control of it to help the league reach it's full potential?

So, the WNBA isn't strong enough to make it on it's own without the NBA's help right?

Whatever the ownership stake the NBA has, it's apparently enough to keep the WNBA in business.

So, if they really believed in the WNBA, why not take full control of it to help the league reach it's full potential?

Bruh. Just giving more money to the players ain’t gon make more folks watch at this stage

They need to do something else

Because nobody is watching

They don't get advertising dollars

Nobody is buying merchandise

The attendance is not good

What you are asking for is not equality.....you are advocating for a hand out

Back