Welcome To aBlackWeb

Just finished watching . Thought it was decent
Couldnuse a series to fill in back story. Maybe y'll righr bout the race thing but i ain' trippi too much
Just a movie

chance surprisingly hit it on the head
View attachment 16941
That quote was closest to how I felt about the movie.

I honestly was more interested in the harmony of the human race and how we assimilated and adopted the bigotry of our former oppressors only to project it unto the orcs.

That should've been the first movie, followed by the orc revolution, then the orc buddy cop flick.

I think this is a set up for a Netflix series that Will won't be in ....... it played like a series

Probably would have been better in that format but I don't think Will be too inclined to star on a TV show...

He's still a $20m man...

elephant in the room, but if the orcs are a representation of blacks, then what was Will Smith's character?

i havent seen the movie sir

could you clarify what that is?

im sorry, i should've made that clear from the jump

If spoilers are still in use... they're special humans or elves who have powers to use a magical wand

Last edited:
Will smiths partner the orc was not black and had no characteristics of a black male. I can understand how you can see it in terms of position on the social ladder but outside of that I dont get how you could consider anything about them black. I really dont see it.

Will smiths partner the orc was not black and had no characteristics of a black male. I can understand how you can see it in terms of position on the social ladder but outside of that I dont get how you could consider anything about them black. I really dont see it.

Uhm wouldn’t that fall in line with him being ostrisized by the orc community? Ie. “Coons” or the way some blacks view black cops.

Uhm wouldn’t that fall in line with him being ostrisized by the orc community? Ie. “Coons” or the way some blacks view black cops.

That could happen to people of any race. Someone from a bad trailer park becomes a cop policing that trailer park would also be ostracized.

Thinking that scenario only applies to blacks is racist in itself.

Did y’all watch the movie? Wasn’t anything “trailer park” about those orcs. Them niggas were tagging, wearing durags/bandanas/oversized jersey’s, didn’t bang with the police & weren’t generally accepted by the rest of society.

Let’s not be dense or forget that we’re talking about Hollywood here. The movie was moderately entertaining but overt in it’s messaging.

Did y’all watch the movie? Wasn’t anything “trailer park” about those orcs. Them niggas were tagging, wearing durags/bandanas/oversized jersey’s, didn’t bang with the police & weren’t generally accepted by the rest of society.

Let’s not be dense or forget that we’re talking about Hollywood here. The movie was moderately entertaining but overt in it’s messaging.

Thats what yall equate to being black?

oh_my_cornel_west.gif

Thats what yall equate to being black?

View attachment 17710

No. It’s called not being dense and realizing that we’re talking about Hollywood which has literally been doing shit like that for about a century now.

If you think they’re suddenly above stereotypes and want to give them some sort of unearned credit then idk wtf to tell you.

We’re talking about David Ayer that pulled the same bullshit with Killer Croc in Suicide Squad—whom the orcs were basically a carbon copy of.

Play boo boo the fool if you want to.

Someone else mentioned to me about the Orcs representing black people but I really didn't take it that way. I don't know too many black people who partake in mosh pits while fist bumping to rock music. I mean you could just as easily say it represents Latinos or any other minority.
Now, had they lynched one of them damn Orcs I might have canceled my Netflix. I wonder why no one associated the fairy to black people, I mean it was killed out in the open with no ramifications.

Also, I couldn't remember the movie I was trying to compare Bright to in my previous post but I've since found it. It was an 80's movie called Alien Nation

Back