Welcome To aBlackWeb

Blog Era Appreciation Thread

This video is also interesting, as mumble rap also produced the e-collab producers which in return made most beats sound the same and kinda killed diversity.

I can recall 808 mafia, Sony Digital, Metro Boomin, and Zaytoven kinda starting the e-collab movement but was fully picked up by producer groups like internet money

808 Mafia was actually a production group

Southside, Lex Luger and Sonny Digital. Then like you said…Metro and Zay played they part as well

Very enlightening video….seems like there’s a loss of intimacy between the artist and the producer which makes everything “artificial”
I feel like this intamcy is coming back with certain producers and artists

Like Metro and 21 Savage/Future

Wheezy and Gunna

Quay and Lil Baby

Bandplay and Dolph(rip)/Key Glock

Tay Kieth and any artist from Memphis lol

I feel like this intamcy is coming back with certain producers and artists

Like Metro and 21 Savage/Future

Wheezy and Gunna

Quay and Lil Baby

Bandplay and Dolph(rip)/Key Glock

Tay Kieth and any artist from Memphis lol
You can also add Yeat and Bnyx.

It still has some work to do though but I agree it's getting a tad better. Wheezy did say he don't fuck with Gunna no more though since he thinks he a rat.

I’ve noticed during this era where rappers dabbled in the EDM/House sound for a bit

Skrillex, Diplo, Calvin Harris….those type of dudes

Been playin’ Pink Lava Lamp off YouTube allllll day lol

This album is a personal classic and I hate that CH lost himself and never was able to turn his buzz into a dope career….

Been playin’ Pink Lava Lamp off YouTube allllll day lol

This album is a personal classic and I hate that CH lost himself and never was able to turn his buzz into a dope career….
Yeah a bunch of wasted potential

Could freestyle with the best of them
Flipped samples and made songs out of everything

Luckily he released so much music in like the span of 3 years that I’m largely satisfied with the 30 songs I got from him lol

Back