Welcome To aBlackWeb

Blog Era Appreciation Thread

Lol bro what’s funny is that there were still a lot of “old heads” still whining and complaining during these times but now they miss the fuck out of it

This was the golden age of digital rap right here

I was prolly one of them until somebody put me on too lol

I was prolly one of them until somebody put me on too lol

Me too…I was adamant about artists like Future but I when heard artists like Big Krit, ASAP Rocky, and TDE/Black Hippy I was like “oh shit”

I definitely underestimated this wave initially…..then mumble rap came along for the Gen Z babies lol

was really hip hop embracing skateboard culture that started the skinny jeans/vans/ tight shirt era
I was cool with wearing V-Necks but I was too burly of a nigga to be wearing skinny jeans

I wore ONE pair out of curiosity and burned them shits afterwards….either a pair of Levi’s…Trues or H&M jeans was good for me

The wallet chains I still like….and I had the skull belts

If you remember in NYC around 2007-2008 the “I Love NY” tees were popular for a minute….I had mad different colors

I was cool with wearing V-Necks but I was too burly of a nigga to be wearing skinny jeans

I wore ONE pair out of curiosity and burned them shits afterwards….either a pair of Levi’s…Trues or H&M jeans was good for me

The wallet chains I still like….and I had the skull belts

If you remember in NYC around 2007-2008 the “I Love NY” tees were popular for a minute….I had mad different colors
Them Napoleon Dynamite tees was everywhere too

I know I had a “Vote for Pedro” shirt lmao

So when Chicago Drill popped off with Akademks clout chasing for views which led to everybody else wanting to be like Drake and Future but just ended up sounding like Rae Sremmurd or Fetty but lo and behold the Migos saved the day

Correct? @Sony Montana

So when Chicago Drill popped off with Akademks clout chasing for views which led to everybody else wanting to be like Drake and Future but just ended up sounding like Rae Sremmurd or Fetty but lo and behold the Migos saved the day

Correct?
lol chicago drill rappers and Ak shined a huge light on the scene

Fetty was mainstream party music that was melodic

Future had DS2 and what a time to be alive with drake

Drake had if youre reading this it’s too late

Sremmurd niggas also helped shift the style away

Migos came too to help shift the sound

Not saying these are the only guys that influenced the next era but I think they were big reasons why it changed

I stand on mumble rap killing blog era

It became too easy to be noticed for nothing like when Young Thug got signed…

360 deals took advantage of streaming

It was free mixtape vs marketed album in the blog era

Those lines were blurred down the line

I stand on mumble rap killing blog era

It became too easy to be noticed for nothing like when Young Thug got signed…

360 deals took advantage of streaming

It was free mixtape vs marketed album in the blog era

Those lines were blurred down the line
This video is also interesting, as mumble rap also produced the e-collab producers which in return made most beats sound the same and kinda killed diversity.

I can recall 808 mafia, Sony Digital, Metro Boomin, and Zaytoven kinda starting the e-collab movement but was fully picked up by producer groups like internet money

Also won't front that's why I hated Yachty, Carti, and other Soundcloud rappers because I know what they era was gonna bring. It was becoming waaaaay too easy to rap and tbh the producers became the star.

My tune changed a little bit now, I'm more open to Carti, Yachty, 21 savage and others but man I knew that shit was about to kill my favorite time of music.

This video is also interesting, as mumble rap also produced the e-collab producers which in return made most beats sound the same and kinda killed diversity.

I can recall 808 mafia, Sony Digital, Metro Boomin, and Zaytoven kinda starting the e-collab movement but was fully picked up by producer groups like internet money

Very enlightening video….seems like there’s a loss of intimacy between the artist and the producer which makes everything “artificial”

Back