Welcome To aBlackWeb

i dont watch law n order sooo

fair enough.
We shit on those white shows as well, just because a show is black doesn't keep it from being criticized

fair enough.

Does representation mean shit to yall? If it does... even if you dont like the shows... yall cant appreciate the attempt being made to represent people that aren't typically represented to a wide audience on national tv?

Blackish - A middle/high middle class black family and their experiences
Grownish - A black youths experience in college
Mixedish - A black/white mixed families experience
Oldish(and im just assuming here since its not out yet) - the experiences of black baby boomers in this current climate

and ALL of these shows have featured black folks across the spectrum of all shades, rich, poor, all sorts of sexualities...

but yall hate on it. Make it make sense

Sounds wack, but also sounds like more black people getting opportunities. I hope it finds an audience.

Also I bet Tyler Perry convinced him he didn’t have enough “Ishes”

fair enough.

fair enough.

Does representation mean shit to yall? If it does... even if you dont like the shows... yall cant appreciate the attempt being made to represent people that aren't typically represented to a wide audience on national tv?

Blackish - A middle/high middle class black family and their experiences
Grownish - A black youths experience in college
Mixedish - A black/white mixed families experience
Oldish(and im just assuming here since its not out yet) - the experiences of black baby boomers in this current climate

and ALL of these shows have featured black folks across the spectrum of all shades, rich, poor, all sorts of sexualities...

but yall hate on it. Make it make sense

Them: We need more shows that represent us. More shows that feature black love and black families!

*that type of show(s) gets made*

Them: Man I ain't watchin that shyt! FOH!

Lol!

tenor.gif

Kenya Barris’ semi-autobiographical Netflix comedy — which received a Season 2 pickup exactly one year ago today — will no longer return in its current form. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the semi-autobiographical sitcom is being redeveloped as a potential film franchise at the streaming giant, á la National Lampoon’s Vacation. Brazil and Mexico-set installments are reportedly in early development. (TVLine has reached out to Netflix for a comment.)

I enjoyed the show. I don't know about a movie series though.

Black-Ish is still dope imo.. Grown-Ish is decent.. never got into Mixed-Ish... BlackAF was meh. Ida checked it if they got a second season tho

...i asked about the caption but thanks man lol
I mean he pullin the tear a brotha down card but nobody is canceling his platform, we just want something new. Also, every version of his ish franchise waters down blackness which isn't even my/ people's beef, its the redundancy of it all

Do something new, stop milkin the same cow. Do something NEW nigga

Back