Welcome To aBlackWeb

Black Women Make More Money Than Black Men

If certain trends remain the same, they absolutely will earn more in the future.

The takes are going to be HOT when that happens. šŸ˜…

Soooo uhhhhhh

What's the statistics of single black women w/o kids in their 40s making 70k and up?šŸ¤”

I think it's pretty high.... no?šŸ¤”

3rd wave feminists is doing that and to me thatā€™s not feminist. They are something else because ainā€™t no damn way

Mostly man-hating lesbians.

Basically, their agenda is to get enough women to believe they don't need men (or get them to hate men)................in hopes that those women will eventually gravitate towards other women for companionship.

Thus increasing the lesbian dating pool in the process.

Nasty work.

Just looking surface level, if black women are more educated than black men then at some point black women will out earn black men. If it's not true now it's certainly trending that way.

As usual tho ppl are gon use this to start drawing false conclusions and have fruitless discussions.

Just looking surface level, if black women are more educated than black men then at some point black women will out earn black men. If it's not true now it's certainly trending that way.

As usual tho ppl are gon use this to start drawing false conclusions and have fruitless discussions.

Maybe maybe not. It really depends on what black women are getting their degrees in and what jobs men work. The gap between men and women in general will shrink more as the old guard moves out. That's what women want and deserve so it's kinda weird some would turn around and use it to attack men, but there you have it.

More educated donā€™t always mean more money. Need to look at what they getting those degrees in and what field they working in to make that correlation

Maybe maybe not. It really depends on what black women are getting their degrees in and what jobs men work. The gap between men and women in general will shrink more as the old guard moves out. That's what women want and deserve so it's kinda weird some would turn around and use it to attack men, but there you have it.

The gap was never what they said it was in the first place. I've posted this before here and on the IC, but it was a feminist that discovered the wage gap wasn't the "70 cents to a man's dollar", but more like 3 cents.

HuffPost has gone on to publish other pieces exclaiming it's worse than ever, so on and so forth, but when you look into it one thing sticks out: even though women may be more educated, they're still not going into jobs that don't require a degree that can pay 6 figures.

More educated donā€™t always mean more money. Need to look at what they getting those degrees in and what field they working in to make that correlation
I didnt say it did. However, black boys are also falling behind in school more than black girls. If less black men have hs diplomas and/or college degrees, that directly impacts earning potential. I dont beat the drum of "everyone needs to go to college" but ppl with degrees statistically end up making more than those without. Same for ppl who graduated hs vs ones who didn't.

I didnt say it did. However, black boys are also falling behind in school more than black girls. If less black men have hs diplomas and/or college degrees, that directly impacts earning potential. I dont beat the drum of "everyone needs to go to college" but ppl with degrees statistically end up making more than those without. Same for ppl who graduated hs vs ones who didn't.
Fwiw,I thought your initial response implied what you just said

The gap was never what they said it was in the first place. I've posted this before here and on the IC, but it was a feminist that discovered the wage gap wasn't the "70 cents to a man's dollar", but more like 3 cents.

HuffPost has gone on to publish other pieces exclaiming it's worse than ever, so on and so forth, but when you look into it one thing sticks out: even though women may be more educated, they're still not going into jobs that don't require a degree that can pay 6 figures.

Yes, I know, but some of the factors explaining why the gap isn't as big as reported still stem from women being treated like second hand citizens for generations in the country. For example, men tend to be in higher positions than women, which explains some of the disparity in pay. In many cases, the overrepresentation is due to women being barred from even being considered for those positions.

So why the 70 cents narrative is a lie, it would be incorrect to act like women aren't playing catch up in many regards due to sexism in this country.

Yes, I know, but some of the factors explaining why the gap isn't as big as reported still stem from women being treated like second hand citizens for generations in the country. For example, men tend to be in higher positions than women, which explains some of the disparity in pay. In many cases, the overrepresentation is due to women being barred from even being considered for those positions.

So why the 70 cents narrative is a lie, it would be incorrect to act like women aren't playing catch up in many regards due to sexism in this country.
All fields have over representation and thatā€™s by choice of men and women.

Itā€™s a ton of job men will not do and itā€™s ton of jobs women will not do so the numbers would say women/men are being shut out of that field. Itā€™s over blown and not really reality. You canā€™t really bring up ā€œhigher positionsā€ because that does not represent the work field at all.

All fields have over representation and thatā€™s by choice of men and women.

Itā€™s a ton of job men will not do and itā€™s ton of jobs women will not do so the numbers would say women/men are being shut out of that field. Itā€™s over blown and not really reality. You canā€™t really bring up ā€œhigher positionsā€ because that does not represent the work field at all.

I'm not talking about overrepresentation by field. I'm talking about overrepresentation in leadership positions. Presidents, supervisors, managers, etc.. make more money than average workers, so if women were barred from holding higher positions, which they were, that would play into that reported 30% gap.

Again, what you guys are saying is nothing knew. The 70 cent myth was pointed out as flawed almost as soon as they started floating it, but just because much of the gap can be explained away doesn't mean that sexism isn't at play.

I'm not talking about overrepresentation by field. I'm talking about overrepresentation in leadership positions. Presidents, supervisors, managers, etc.. make more money than average workers, so if women were barred from holding higher positions, which they were, that would play into that reported 30% gap.

Again, what you guys are saying is nothing knew. The 70 cent myth was pointed out as flawed almost as soon as they started floating it, but just because much of the gap can be explained away doesn't mean that sexism isn't at play.
Iā€™m saying those positions are so few it shouldnt be taking into account.

Take a field like electrical. That field is dominated by men and thatā€™s by choice because women donā€™t get into the fields, they are not being held out of it.

Also some Stem fields

Itā€™s plenty of fields that are dominated by women and that by menā€™s choice.

Certain things men and women differ on doing

Iā€™m saying those positions are so few it shouldnt be taking into account.

Take a field like electrical. That field is dominated by men and thatā€™s by choice because women donā€™t get into the fields, they are not being held out of it.

Also some Stem fields

Itā€™s plenty of fields that are dominated by women and that by menā€™s choice.

Certain things men and women differ on doing

The bold is wrong. This is America, a capitalist country where the people at the top of a company can be making more than 500 times as much as the average worker at that same company. Also, I'm not just talking about CEOs. I'm talking about management positions in general. There are tens of thousands of those positions out there, and again, those people make significantly more money than the people under them so that disparity can skew the data.

Stop talking about fields. Nobody's arguing that. We all understand that different people have different interests. That's only one of the explanations given for the perceived pay gap. It's not the only factor.

The bold is wrong. This is America, a capitalist country where the people at the top of a company can be making more than 500 times as much as the average worker at that same company. Also, I'm not just talking about CEOs. I'm talking about management positions in general. There are tens of thousands of those positions out there, and again, those people make significantly more money than the people under them so that disparity can skew the data.

Stop talking about fields. Nobody's arguing that. We all understand that different people have different interests. That's only one of the explanations given for the perceived pay gap. It's not the only factor.
Fields and hours worked are biggest factor in the suppose pay gap. We are talking about same positions in same fields and men supposed making more than a woman doing the same job.

I seen a few studies from men and women regarding the pay gap and I understood it as non existent

Also,

Fields and hours worked are biggest factor in the suppose pay gap. We are talking about same positions in same fields and men supposed making more than a woman doing the same job.

I seen a few studies from men and women regarding the pay gap and I understood it as non existent

Also,

No we were talking about the reasons why that perceived 30% gap existed. You're right, that one of the easiest ways of debunking that myth was to simply control for position and hours worked, but once again those weren't the only to factors to play a role in the discrepancy. In one report I read, if you control for all those factors, the gap shrinks to like 3 cents on the dollar which is in the noise.

Back