Welcome To aBlackWeb

Black Women Make More Money Than Black Men

How about instead of discussing this narrative, let's discuss why white people are still higher earners than everyone else

But for the sake of conversation,I think those stats are flawed because I'm willing to bet there are more black millennial/gen z women that are making more money than their black men counterparts just cause of how certain industries have shifted.

But again, I'm not trying to discuss why black women might make more than black men. My focus is on white people who seem to make more simply because they are white and not cause they are actually more qualified for the job

How about instead of discussing this narrative, let's discuss why white people are still higher earners than everyone else

But for the sake of conversation,I think those stats are flawed because I'm willing to bet there are more black millennial/gen z women that are making more money than their black men counterparts just cause of how certain industries have shifted.

But again, I'm not trying to discuss why black women might make more than black men. My focus is on white people who seem to make more simply because they are white and not cause they are actually more qualified for the job

I get it, but this seems to be a lot of people's argument point when discussing dating among black men and women, ie the Tyler Perry shit that went viral last week.

The gap is slimmer now but I don’t think black women make more across the board

Possibly if you took a specific timeframe like the past 5 years or something then maybe it says this

I know black women are more educated and that should mean higher paying jobs so idk

It doesn't seem like any of those are controlled for factors such as industry, position, or hours worked, so I would guess that white people (moreso white men) are still overrepresented in leadership positions and are better represented in higher paying jobs. The former of those is changing, but that change is slow because the white men at the top are, of course, resisting the change. The latter may or may not be changing. I don't know. Black people tend to work more blue collar and service industry jobs. I think black women are changing that, but I don't know about black men.

On topic, the lie was absolutely spread to shit on black men and to make black women feel like they are superior to us. It's used to sew division, which is why I try to tell people like @SeaSnake and @BlackRain to stop constantly running with these anti-black men talking points just because a lot of white women spout them. But for whatever reason, they believe spreading lies about black men is a good way of supporting black women.

It doesn't seem like any of those are controlled for factors such as industry, position, or hours worked, so I would guess that white people (moreso white men) are still overrepresented in leadership positions and are better represented in higher paying jobs. The former of those is changing, but that change is slow because the white men at the top are, of course, resisting the change. The latter may or may not be changing. I don't know. Black people tend to work more blue collar and service industry jobs. I think black women are changing that, but I don't know about black men.

On topic, the lie was absolutely spread to shit on black men and to make black women feel like they are superior to us. It's used to sew division, which is why I try to tell people like @SeaSnake and @BlackRain to stop constantly running with these anti-black men talking points just because a lot of white women spout them. But for whatever reason, they believe spreading lies about black men is a good way of supporting black women.

You gotta stop with the cap man. Just because I don’t take the anti black women side and try to rationalize and understand why we have beef and where it comes from. You can view it like I hate black men because I bring some shit you don’t want to hear. I don’t think all black woken are out to destroy black men abd I don’t think all black men are out to destroy black women. But as far as the forum goes these niggas are the he man woman haters. We got like 5 women here so it’s not like we gonna have a balanced opinions for real.

I think a lot of people believe that because the statistics that black women are graduating college at higher rate then black men and that black women are starting more businesses then that must mean that black women are making more money.

Because it’s their country?

Back