Welcome To aBlackWeb

Black real estate agents arrested at a philly starbucks for not ordering anything

I believe a business owner has the right to make ppl leave if they are loitering in their establishment.

I know this situation is deeper than that.

But in general... People shouldnt be able to sit and take up space in a business. And when asked to leave they should do so or be thrown out.

Those guys knew they would be arrested. They did it to prove a point. Cops dont mediate. They are there to enforce.

This is the problem I'm having with people saying the bold.

If there are plenty of other free tables so the paying customers have places to sit and the folks sitting at tables who haven't bought something are not bothering the paying customers. Why would you even fucking care that they are sitting there?

So a paying customer should be able to bother other paying customers just because they bought something?

If he bothering ppl yea. He has to go.

But if you just in there taking up space not buying anything you should have to leave too.

But Starbucks ppl just hangout there all the time. It’s part of their environment, it’s their culture. So calling the police is dumb and the police was even dumber.

I believe a business owner has the right to make ppl leave if they are loitering in their establishment.

I know this situation is deeper than that.

But in general... People shouldnt be able to sit and take up space in a business. And when asked to leave they should do so or be thrown out.

Those guys knew they would be arrested. They did it to prove a point. Cops dont mediate. They are there to enforce.

This logic doesn't apply to Starbucks. And many of us have already stated why. White folks on Twitter have stated why. We've given examples that are in contrast to that thought process.

And I highly doubt they got arrested to prove a point. That doesn't even sound feasible. Expose yourself to jail, fines and fuckery to show that racism still exists? At Starbucks, no less? Wheredeydodatat?

If you think them being compliant is an example of making a point, as opposed to not getting their black asses shot, then I don't know what to tell you.

This is the problem I'm having with people saying the bold.

If there are plenty of other free tables so the paying customers have places to sit and the folks sitting at tables who haven't bought something are not bothering the paying customers. Why would you even fucking care that they are sitting there?

So if u had a food spot u owned and opperated u wouldnt give a shit if ppl came in and sat at a table and kicked it but didnt contribute anything to your bottom line?

This logic doesn't apply to Starbucks. And many of us have already stated why. White folks on Twitter have stated why. We've given examples that are in contrast to that thought process.

And I highly doubt they got arrested to prove a point. That doesn't even sound feasible. Expose yourself to jail, fines and fuckery to show that racism still exists? At Starbucks, no less? Wheredeydodatat?

If you think them being compliant is an example of making a point, as opposed to not getting their black asses shot, then I don't know what to tell you.

Im talking about businesses in general not just the starbucks situation.

But the men had to know they would be arrested.

Cops said leave. They didnt.

The cops wasnt about to just say "well i tried." and walk away.

So calling the police is dumb and the police was even dumber.

No one has ever accused police of being smart. There's a reason why the civil service exam consists of over 300 questions for firefighters, and only like 75 for police.

If he bothering ppl yea. He has to go.

But if you just in there taking up space not buying anything you should have to leave too.

But Starbucks ppl just hangout there all the time. It’s part of their environment, it’s their culture. So calling the police is dumb and the police was even dumber.

Nigga you have to be fucking trolling me right now!! In how many fucking posts have I said the homeless paying customer was smelling so bad it bothered other customers is the only reason they were asked to wait outside? It's either you trolling or not reading the posts

Why? If there are other free tables and they not bothering anybody why should they have to leave?

So if u had a food spot u owned and opperated u wouldnt give a shit if ppl came in and sat at a table and kicked it but didnt contribute anything to your bottom line?

You still didn't answer my question.

If my establishment ain't packed, so other paying folks had places to sit and the folks who didn't pay not bothering my paying customers. NO I actually wouldn't give a fuck about them sitting there. Thats fucking with people just for the sake of fucking with people IMO.

Nigga you have to be fucking trolling me right now!! In how many fucking posts have I said the homeless paying customer was smelling so bad it bothered other customers is the only reason they were asked to wait outside? It's either you trolling or not reading the posts

Why? If there are other free tables and they not bothering anybody why should they have to leave?

Because it Ain’t a damn park. That’s why. You can’t just chill in a place of business.

You know how suspicious you look.

That like me goin to chill in a bank lobby for hours not doing anything.

Its not even about lookin suspicious to me.

If a business owner is there to provide services in exchange for money.

Not freely provide lounge space for ppl who have no intention of paying for services.

Go kick it somewhere else.

Just my POV.

Because it Ain’t a damn park. That’s why. You can’t just chill in a place of business.

You know how suspicious you look.

That like me goin to chill in a bank lobby for hours not doing anything.

That ain't how starbucks and many other places are set up though. They made shit like a chill spot as well as being a place of business. Now they are picking and choosing with who does and doesn't get to just chill there. That is problem not that people are actually chilling there.

e64294a8ace4fc9a8624f72613910a93.jpg

Im talking about businesses in general not just the starbucks situation.

But the men had to know they would be arrested.

Cops said leave. They didnt.

The cops wasnt about to just say "well i tried." and walk away.

Cops are gonna cop. No one knows what was said, but the police could have de-escalated the situation without hauling people away in cuffs.

If it comes out that the men were given an ultimatum, and told to leave or go to jail, and they opted for the latter, then yeah, I'll concede they were making a point. However, until that occurs, I'm of the belief that the police were just being the bitches that they're known for being.

Its not even about lookin suspicious to me.

If a business owner is there to provide services in exchange for money.

Not freely provide lounge space for ppl who have no intention of paying for services.

Go kick it somewhere else.

Just my POV.

That is cool and perfectly fine when that is how you established you running your shit from the beginning or announcing a change in your policy. Which is something starbucks did none of and that is where the problem lies.

If they not paying they actually ain't getting any services.

Explain.

So you telling me if you owned a food spot or something like that you would let ppl just chill there all day and not buy something? Because that’s what dude is saying
Im talking about your example of the bank lobby. If no one is waiting to be seated its not an issue..

That ain't how starbucks and many other places are set up though. They made shit like a chill spot as well as being a place of business. Now they are picking and choosing with who does and doesn't get to just chill there. That is problem not that people are actually chilling there.

e64294a8ace4fc9a8624f72613910a93.jpg

No nigga. I already said Starbucks is set up like that.

But you stating that any business shouldn’t care if enough seats/space is available even if they just chilling shooting the shit and not buying anything.

That’s not how most businesses are ran.

That is cool and perfectly fine when that is how you established you running your shit from the beginning or announcing a change in your policy. Which is something starbucks did none of and that is where the problem lies.

If they not paying they actually ain't getting any services.

Im not talkin about Starbucks bruh.

We talkin about our hypothetical imaginary places of business me and u both run and our individual loitering policies.

Back