Welcome To aBlackWeb

Black Panther director Ryan Coogler arrested after being mistaken for bank robber

Yoooo
Y’all buggin me out.

bkack men saying a black man needs to conform to make others comfortable?

di y’all hear ya selves?
conform how? no one has said he needs to dress in his best suit, then greet everyone he passes with a big smile and a handshake. The hoodie/glasses/mask outfit and passing a note instead of speaking to the teller is gonna be suspicious regardless of race, although I think pretty much any other race would've been given much more of a chance, and the police wouldn't have been called.

While, yes, on paper what he did sounds suspect, an actual human being should have been able to differentiate between what he did and being actually robbed. Did the person that take the note and immediately have a panic attack or something? He literally wrote "MY checking account". This is shit that should trip up software, not a person.

conform how? no one has said he needs to dress in his best suit, then greet everyone he passes with a big smile and a handshake. The hoodie/glasses/mask outfit and passing a note instead of speaking to the teller is gonna be suspicious regardless of race, although I think pretty much any other race would've been given much more of a chance, and the police wouldn't have been called.
Bruh

It fucking atlanta

you know how many black millionaires are there?

nah
No
Count it somewhere discreet.
That opens a potential bank robber open for an alarm to be pressed.
What ever happened to give me all in YOUR drawer?

I dont
Black peoples need to give each other the benefit of the doubt.
How about check his name and IID and account.
Problem would have never happened

Dawg there wasn’t even anything to ‘give him the benefit of the doubt' about. Literally the only thing out of the ordinary was that he wrote down what he wanted instead of saying it.

Nothing out of the ordinary these days about a person walking into a bank with sunglasses and a mask.
Nothing out of the ordinary about a nigga handing a teller a withdrawal slip.

And what type of bank robber goes into a bank asking for $12000 specifically? From their own account? Specifically their checking account? And what type of bank robber invites the teller to go elsewhere out of site and count the money, before returning, giving her the chance to call the cops, alert her boss, etc, etc, etc.

Fuck out here with niggas 'getting' how the mix up happened.

C'mon bruh. It's common sense. Lol
Common sense according to who?
Nigga mighta had a handover.
you ever had a hangover and the light hit your eyes?
Nigga I’m still drunk and want some cash.
Da fuq

Soooo verbally telling her if she could count it elsewhere was too much trouble huh?
Woulda coulda shoulda
Saying it
Writing it
Fucking braille
Wording and body language matter
I will never be ok with not giving him the benefit of the doubt.

what if this woman has a black son.?
How would she feel if other black peoples thought he was up to no good because he didn’t fit what a normal banker looks like.

the fuq is normal?

How about he just asked for the branch manager if he withdrawing a large sum and wanted privacy, dude had other options than what he ended up doing
You still missing it.

why do we as black people have to always seek other options?
The safest option so they won’t be scared.

So instead of this chick going the extra step to verify, the black customer needs to go the extra step preemptively to make her feel safe about him getting his money?

Am I the only one who sees this as an issue?

I wish the fuck an American bank would try me.
Tell the niggas, thank you for the new porche suv this lawsuit would pay for and for upping her spending budget.

Back