Welcome To aBlackWeb

Netflix Black Mirror (Season 7, 2025)

Finally watched all the episodes and can talk about it in here.

This was easily the weakest season so far. It wasn't terrible, but there wasn't any mind blowing episodes like all of the 3 prior seasons had.

Ep 1 (star trek) was dope and the last ep (black museum) was dope too, that's probably my favorite episode of the season. Ep 2 and 3 were meh and eps 4 (DJ) and 5 (metalhead) are trash.

awww man

1. Hang the DJ (im ready to debate with you on this one) lol
2. SS Callister (this could be no. 1 depending on the day)
3. Archangel
4. Black Museum
5. Crocodile
6. Metalhead

They had the sista being passed around to every white man in the city, nah fuck that.

I know that has nothing to do with the actual story as far as writing, but they knew what they were doing when they casted the black chick for that. I can't cosign it.

They had the sista being passed around to every white man in the city, nah fuck that.

I know that has nothing to do with the actual story as far as writing, but they knew what they were doing when they casted the black chick for that. I can't cosign it.
I think that was kind of the point, same goes for the black chick in White Bear who had to relive the same feeling or being watched and stalked then brainwashed to forget it all by the next day whereas it seemed the actual criminals got proper sentences for their crimes. Or the black soldier who imagines going home to his wife and a normal life when the house is a dilapidated mess with no one living in it. And obviously the guy in 15 Million Merits. It's basically showing no matter what happens, some prejudices and class systems will always be in place regardless of how much "advancement" as a "civilised society" we are because we're all prone to savage and baser instincts as emotionally volatile status concerned pleasure seekers who don't always thing of the consequences of what happens when cruel and simple desires can be catered to by technology. You can live in a technologically advanced alternative dimension, but the same shit will keep happening because people are people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah I love the terrible endings, that's what made me like the show and part of the reason I feel like this season was lacking. But I'm more so talkin about the interracial couple bs they pulled. They could've easily casted a white chick for the part of the chick who's gonna get passed around.

Black mirror is still my favorite show on TV, I just feel like they casted the black girl for that on purpose.

Nah I love the terrible endings, that's what made me like the show and part of the reason I feel like this season was lacking. But I'm more so talkin about the interracial couple bs they pulled. They could've easily casted a white chick for the part of the chick who's gonna get passed around.

Black mirror is still my favorite show on TV, I just feel like they casted the black girl for that on purpose.
I get what you're saying but I think they chose the black woman intentionally as to show that as much as times change, people stay the same and even in the future/this alternate dimension women, and particularly black women, are still treated lesser by rich white men who view them as commodities to be exploited rather than people. I agree it's on purpose, we already saw a white girl fuck her life up trying to impress others rather than valuing herself properly in Nosedive.

U lookin into it too much

Plus she looked half white to me. And she also dated a black guy & an asian

U lookin into it too much

Plus she looked half white to me. And she also dated a black guy & an asian

Nah it was mad white dudes and 1 nigga who got 1.4 secs of camera time lol

And nigga, she was black. Don't start that ole "well technically obama is white" nah nigga, that's a nigga and she's a nigga too.

Ive just started the series but from the handful of eps i seen the inter-racial stuff & mixed relationships is a nice touch.

Most eps seem set in the future and like it or not mixed race relations been on the rise for a long time and will be even more the norm in the future.

Ive just started the series but from the handful of eps i seen the inter-racial stuff & mixed relationships is a nice touch.

Most eps seem set in the future and like it or not mixed race relations been on the rise for a long time and will be even more the norm in the future.
I think the two main themes in most of the episodes is prideful ignorance vs real authority/pleasing the public and the idea of increased isolation or social deprivation for the purpose of filling a role or providing entertainment. I think The Entire History of You is pretty fucking bleak because at first you think the guy is just paranoid and overly critical because he's insecure but then his fears are confirmed and the only reason he ends up alone is because he tried to stand up for himself after being wronged. But it doesn't actually help or fix anything, just makes things worse. But then you remember they were "redoing" each other than actually having actual sex because the passion had went out of their relationship and obviously his wife wanted more than watching re-runs... I kind of felt bad for everyone in the end. Except Jonas. Fuck that guy.

Believe it or not, not everyone has a racist agenda, lol.
I'm not saying everything has to but if you look at the series thematically for the most part even British black people are treated poorly even in featured roles such as in 15 Million Merits. They sex up the talented female singer to use her and they reduce him from trying to be a voice of reason in a crazy world to being the crazy angry black man on TV every day threatening to do something but ultimately doing nothing but sitting in a gilded cage of privilege while still being exploited. I do think the casting choices in regards to race and the right roles is a thing they think about.

BM is my favorite show lol I'm not saying the show itself has an agenda, but a black woman being passed around by white dudes will never sit well with me.

I'm not saying everything has to but if you look at the series thematically for the most part even British black people are treated poorly even in featured roles such as in 15 Million Merits. They sex up the talented female singer to use her and they reduce him from trying to be a voice of reason in a crazy world to being the crazy angry black man on TV every day threatening to do something but ultimately doing nothing but sitting in a gilded cage of privilege while still being exploited. I do think the casting choices in regards to race and the right roles is a thing they think about.

I could see it more with 15 Million Merits, but Kill the DJ could go either way. There are black women that are simply more attracted to white males.

I could see it more with 15 Million Merits, but Kill the DJ could go either way. There are black women that are simply more attracted to white males.
tenor.gif

ya'll tripping lol

i didnt look at it as her being passed around...it was a part of the simulation to show that they were destined to be no matter how many people both of them went through.

What if she was just a better actress than her white counterparts? I mean, i know how castings work, but still...i think ya'll reaching with the "her being passed around" shit

whats crazy though is, if it was a black dude running through mad white chicks, you wouldn't be as outraged.

Nah, we still clown tiger woods lol

And plus a man fuckin 10 chicks in a week will never look as bad as a woman fuckin 10 dudes in a week.

Nah, we still clown tiger woods lol

And plus a man fuckin 10 chicks in a week will never look as bad as a woman fuckin 10 dudes in a week.
and thats the problem that we've discussed several times on this site

but that aside, again, they both had the same number of partners in the simulation so...i dont see what the outrage is when the point of it was to see if NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENED, they would end up together 98.9% of the time or whatever that percentage was the "coach" kept saying.

It might just be me, but seeing a black woman gettin passed around by white dudes doesn't sit well with me.

But lets get to the story. One of the biggest reasons I like Black Mirror is because of the bitter/fucked up endings (shut up and dance, playtest, white christmas, etc) , this was on some San Junipero shit with that happy ass ending, "no matter what love always prevails" mann gtfoh lol Overall it's not even a top 10 BM ep

Back