Welcome To aBlackWeb

Netflix Black Mirror (Season 7, 2025)

It might just be me, but seeing a black woman gettin passed around by white dudes doesn't sit well with me.

But lets get to the story. One of the biggest reasons I like Black Mirror is because of the bitter/fucked up endings (shut up and dance, playtest, white christmas, etc) , this was on some San Junipero shit with that happy ass ending, "no matter what love always prevails" mann gtfoh lol Overall it's not even a top 10 BM ep

idk man...any of the relationship episodes damn near ALWAYS hit home for me on a personal level

but this is what i loved about hang the DJ

they both agreed to not look at the expiry date. They already felt like fate was giving them a second chance after the first date...BUT dude couldnt just be happy and enjoy the moment, so he just HAD to know and that's what ultimately fucked him up...now, he's hurt, he's vulnerable, he's emotional...

what does the coach say? the simulation needs to record your emotions to be able to help you match with your mate. Dude was miserable...all b/c he just couldnt simply enjoy the happiness that came with someone that he actually fell in love with.

I also took that to me that people put TOO much pressure on themselves in relationships. If it feels good, ride that wave as long as you can. When/if its over, then deal with it then.

STILL havent seen San Junipero in its entirety lol

That's actually a great interpretation of the episode.

I told BNE this, even the episodes of BM I consider "bad" are still good episodes, the only one I think was actually bad was the cartoon who had his own show, i forget the name, that was a terrible episode imo.

Hang the DJ >>>>>> USS Callister

Acting and storytelling was great

"Coach" is very similar to Amazon Echo and these new devices we let spy on us 24-7

Hang the DJ >>>>>> USS Callister

Acting and storytelling was great

"Coach" is very similar to Amazon Echo and these new devices we let spy on us 24-7
depending on the day of the week, i agree

USS Callister REALLY surprised me...like REALLY!!!

it was a very well done episode

i saw that they are thinking of doing a spin off of that episode

I still liked USS Callister but of all the eps i seen so far its the most fantasy based.

Even if it was set in the future the premise made no sense compared to other eps

I still liked USS Callister but of all the eps i seen so far its the most fantasy based.

Even if it was set in the future the premise made no sense compared to other eps
it absolutely made sense

ftr, ALL these episodes take place in a universe in the not too distant future

but USS callister, in my thoughts was about this dude who didnt know how to deal with people irl, so he creates these people he has "issues" with irl, and recreates them to torment, control, abuse them in a virtual setting to escape his inability to deal with them irl.

Look at how his partner of the company just takes control of a room, demands attention, and thinks of him as an afterthought. Dude came in and just took the new chick out his office and started showing her around. He essentially shot his shot. But that aside, Callister (i cant remember his name) just let people or rather his interpretations of people's feelings put him in a dark space that made him essentially an introvert and do some creepy shit.

I also look at how his partner was shown to be vulnerable about his son, and that every person has a breaking point. While this part of the story only happened in a game, it still humanized the character b/c he got choked up at just the thought of Callister bringing his son back only to watch him die and he couldnt do anything about it.

The story made sense but the science didnt.

Cloning people into a digital world and having their clones be self aware and have knowledge of their real world selves. Its much more fantasy than technology than most other eps.

And at the end why did he try to chase them to the wormhole instead of just pausing the game.

Was a cool ep but the ones that seem closer to real life are the ones i prefer. Ex "Shut Up & Dance" or "Nosedive"

The story made sense but the science didnt.

Cloning people into a digital world and having their clones be self aware and have knowledge of their real world selves. Its much more fantasy than technology than most other eps.

And at the end why did he try to chase them to the wormhole instead of just pausing the game.

Was a cool ep but the ones that seem closer to real life are the ones i prefer. Ex "Shut Up & Dance" or "Nosedive"
well if he paused the game, what good would that have done if he, as his virtual self, would've just been paused as well?

He could have paused the game and stopped the update/wormhole from finishing
no b/c he played the game at home on an offline server

the update was happening at the office

DT0FQRx.gif

Just watched the Waldo Momemt ep and its crazy how the show told the story of Donald Trumps rise in politics before Trump ever even ran

Just watched the Waldo Momemt ep and its crazy how the show told the story of Donald Trumps rise in politics before Trump ever even ran
was this the one with the puppet?

i dont think i ever watched that one

Yea the guy who controls a cartoon character that runs for office.

Its from 2013 i think but is the story of trump

oh ok

i might check it out later when my lil girl goes to sleep

Now that's we're 4 seasons in, drop yall top 5 episodes.

Season 4 was aight, none of the eps crack my top 5 tho.

1. Playtest
2. White Christmas
3. Shut Up And Dance
4. History of You
5. Hated In A Nation/Men Against Fire

1. History of you
  2. Hang the DJ
  3. White Christmas
  4. Shut up and dance
  5. The episode where the rating system is stars

Back