Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Black against the world

not being crass here but we all need to decolonize our minds and stop shitting on each other. end of story

theres no excuse for blatant ignorance on either side.
that's what you just did tho. you know I love ya but you just spewed a whole lotta divisiveness when your frame of reference for non-American blacks is anecdotes.

I dont really try to understand ignorance.
I dont. I dont sit there and try to say hmmm wow that persons dumbass ideas make a lot of sense especially when their attitudes contribute to a culture that is killing ppl at this very moment.

dont care who was free longer.
You shouldn’t pay attention to anyone’s ignorance but I was not focusing on that part of it. Imagine if you were raised in a place where you really felt like you could be anything you wanted to be( not like what we have here). If every job interview you went to there was a non white face and your fathers father was free and owned his own land. It is hard for a black person from Aruba to understand an American black person’s experience in America. You can read it and watch it but they wont fully understand until they live it. I am not saying give anyone a pass( I know you never will) for the nonsense that may come out of their mouth but you to have to try to understand why we are the same yet so different. You are very open minded on a lot of different things maybe you can be a little more open minded on some of these. Not any form of disrespect intended.

my views on this are not often shared with anyone, but i'm convinced in it.

Black Americans are a unique people, but because they refuse to embrace the history, progress, and accomplishments we have right here in this country we will forever be weak.

Over and over and over again we try to identify with black folk across the world who don't understand us, won't understand us, and shit on us just as quick as a cac would here in america.....I feel like we find our strength within....

celebrate our leaders and our great folk right here....

every blac histroy month niggaz runnign around in dashiki's and real africans laughing their asses off cuz we look like some clowns.....

represent for great black americans right here.....put on for our accomplishments.....like i get it we all black, but you can't really expect anybody from the islands to truly understand us... they on the outside looking in for the most part, and the picture they been seeing........ like what the rest of the world been seeing, been real distorted and fucked up from the truth for a real long time......

they really got it like black americans that group to steal on..... every body assume we ain't' shit... even some of our own people believe we ain't shit....

niggaz talk abotu prision system reform, and black folk be like

"them niggaz deserve that shit!!"

like ain't' nobody trying to absolve folk of consequences for wrong doing.... but the way we got shit set up now is a slave system, and that shit foul and needs to be reformed.....

but whatever, i'm good right now...

@BNE, we still cool. I was just kixing. I really can”t describe how it taste because I am so far removed from milk from an animal to compare it to. But to me it taste like milk.

that's what you just did tho. you know I love ya but you just spewed a whole lotta divisiveness when your frame of reference for non-American blacks is anecdotes.

I was just saying what Ive experienced.
and my frame of reference isnt just ancedots shawty

The stuff I see africans post on twitter about Black Americans is disgusting.

just take a peak. funny thing is non-american Blacks love speaking ill of us but be waist deep in our culture. love telling us we dont have culture while eating soul food and dancing to future hendrixx

foh
nobody in the world really fuck with us like that....

nigaz be dyign for acceptance, and be tryign embrace a culture that ridicules us, and thinks we're inferior because our ancestors were in chains

can we put up a side thumb button?

like when I dont feel what someone said is right but I also dont feel its wrong either

Attachments

• 9457C322-F807-4CB0-9799-ECCC87D760C0.jpeg
    9457C322-F807-4CB0-9799-ECCC87D760C0.jpeg
    27 KB · Views: 9
I was just saying what Ive experienced.
ans my frame of reference isnt just ancedots shawty
I told you it isn't reflective of the majority and you responded to this:
ALL THE ONES I MEET/KNOW/SIT IN CLASS WITH/RIDE THE TRAIN WITH/LIVE WITH FEEL THIS WAY.
if your frame of reference extends beyond anecdotes and social media posts, it isn't evident so far. not being snarky cuz i have no reason to be

you can say what you've experienced but someone's gonna come back with the same thing bout Black Americans. cultural narcissism is common in the west and it aint a good look. you're better than that.

visiting black countries >>> anecdotes/twitter posts

I'm pro-Palestine but black people need to do what Jews do with the "birthright Israel" free heritage trips to Africa and make that shit an accessible norm.

I agree with you here.

I told you it isn't reflective of the majority and you responded to this:

if your frame of reference extends beyond anecdotes and social media posts, it isn't evident so far. not being snarky cuz i have no reason to be

you can say what you've experienced but someone's gonna come back with the same thing bout Black Americans. cultural narcissism is common in the west and it aint a good look. you're better than that.

Girl if you are taking from my post cultural narcsissim than we should just stop here.

Full stop.

my experience been wild as shit cuz i gotta wide ass nose and an african ass name, so i got confused for a forreal african maddddd times in life..

but when african people found out i wasn't really african like they was...that i'm from right here in baltmore......90% of the time they were immediately insulted.....like i raped their culture by having my name.....i was told once i didn't deserve my name...

like them nigaz really don't fuck with us......they hate a lotta shit about us, but it just don't be talked about like that... cuz american niggaz wanna front like they african soooooo hard...

that's why i just consider myself a Black American...

my experiences with Africans has not been very pleasant, so i have a learned bias

my experience been wild as shit cuz i gotta wide ass nose and an african ass name, so i got confused for a forreal african maddddd times in life..

but when african people found out i wasn't really african like they was...that i'm from right here in baltmore......90% of the time they were immediately insulted.....like i raped their culture by having my name.....i was told once i didn't deserve my name...

like them nigaz really don't fuck with us......they hate a lotta shit about us, but it just don't be talked about like that... cuz american niggaz wanna front like they african soooooo hard...

my experiences with Africans has not been very pleasant, so i have a learned bias

This is a very good post.

I like the fact you said learned bias

they say that kinda shit to each other too. you get some "old ways" types who accuse others of shaming their ppl n shit. they're no different to the Americans saying the world is going to hell in a handbasket and open gays shouldn't be teaching in schools.

I gotta take a class or lose my job cause I said something offensive at work. I might as well start looking for another job

y'all need to chill with Pan-Africanists, not the preacher-man Africans. they cool and fun.

preacher Africans tho...

I gotta take a class or lose my job cause I said something offensive at work. I might as well start looking for another job
this sounds very Sam Crooke-y

I havent had bad experiences with Africans. My old roommate was Nigerian. I have a very close friend from Senegal. My current roommate is Haitian.

However,, they do tell me how Africans view us. How a lot of the Black diaspora views us and its not good things.

reality is this: the diaspora is not superior to the continent. The continent is not superior to the diaspora. Colonialism changed us ALL.

so we all must work to unlearn certain things

This is a very good post.

I like the fact you said learned bias
i mean, cu i've had this debate countless times... and to make themselves sound good, mad africans, and even people from the islands...never wanna flat out admit to this shit.... but i've read between the lines way too many times in life.....

me and a nigerian dude who's a regular at my bar be having debates every now n then about privilege...he flat out does not believe in it, he feels black americans have all the same opportunities as white americans,

he agrees slavery was horrible, but we've had enough time to rebuild. He literally sees every single example of racism and institutionalized oppression as an excuse because black folk are lazy and squander their opportunities.

i mean, no worries, your boy here is the king of insulting niggaz in the most creative of ways.....i've effectively called homies grandma a idiot and said that all ehr social economic commentary is stricken from the record...she has no references and is talking out her ass...

that pissed him off.....but eh, when you banking a whole argument on your grand ma saying

"is he smart enough to put food in his mouth and not his ass? then he smart enough to get a good job"

shorty's credibility into what the fuck she's talking about gonna come into question.....
:ainttrippin:

Back