Welcome To aBlackWeb

My bad, they drove "blind"
no085.gif

Complaining to complain ass nigga.

If this movie came on a DVD, it'd be a weed plate. Trash. Being compared to The Happening is not good. This was The Happening with blindfolds. None of the dramatic shit felt earned, and it probably would have been better as a book. That way they could have described the monsters instead of trying to do that "I'm too broke to do XYZ, so I'm going to make XYZ to hide that fact." As a book the movie wouldn't have required extensive CGI budget to render the monsters. As it stands, a story about creatures manipulating visions and *not* showing them to the viewer is a horrible decision. The film loses tension an hour in due to no reveal on the demons, and literally becomes every trope about horror movies you hate: woman screaming, tripping, falling, running, heavy breathing, stupid character decision cliches abound, and all you get is the voice of other characters whisper yelling random shit.

Worst shit I've seen all year. Easily.

Bruh... I said this very thing to my wife and daughter. Whole goddamned flick I was like "Do we at least get to see the monsters?" And when the movie ended with no monster reveal I was royally pissed.

At least with "A Quiet Place" we eventually got to see the creatures and they definitely put effort into designing them. This shit was just lazy on too many levels.

"if you have a good monster, you better show it"

Bruh... I said this very thing to my wife and daughter. Whole goddamned flick I was like "Do we at least get to see the monsters?" And when the movie ended with no monster reveal I was royally pissed.

At least with "A Quiet Place" we eventually got to see the creatures and they definitely put effort into designing them. This shit was just lazy on too many levels.
They half ass showed it when the crazy nigga was sketching it

Read an article on FB that said they originally showed the monster in one scene but that scene was deleted. Cant find that scene online yet though.

I liked the movie. Very tense if you suspended belief.

I just didn't get the fear of the monster(s) when they had on the blindfold. It couldn't hurt them with the blindfold on, so why were they running like crazy? I would have been walking and taking my time.

Now the crazy people I could see why they would run cause they posed an immediate physical threat.

I just didn't get the fear of the monster(s) when they had on the blindfold. It couldn't hurt them with the blindfold on, so why were they running like crazy? I would have been walking and taking my time.
I didnt get that shit at all. If you got a blind fold and a walking stick, why the fuck are you scared of the monsters alone. Shit didnt add up.

I liked the movie. Very tense if you suspended belief.

Now the crazy people I could see why they would run cause they posed an immediate physical threat.

I didnt get that shit at all. If you got a blind fold and a walking stick, why the fuck are you scared of the monsters alone. Shit didnt add up.

Fear is irrational, you're not in your right frame of mind.

If this movie came on a DVD, it'd be a weed plate. Trash. Being compared to The Happening is not good. This was The Happening with blindfolds. None of the dramatic shit felt earned, and it probably would have been better as a book. That way they could have described the monsters instead of trying to do that "I'm too broke to do XYZ, so I'm going to make XYZ to hide that fact." As a book the movie wouldn't have required extensive CGI budget to render the monsters. As it stands, a story about creatures manipulating visions and *not* showing them to the viewer is a horrible decision. The film loses tension an hour in due to no reveal on the demons, and literally becomes every trope about horror movies you hate: woman screaming, tripping, falling, running, heavy breathing, stupid character decision cliches abound, and all you get is the voice of other characters whisper yelling random shit.

Worst shit I've seen all year. Easily.

220px-Bird_Box_2014_book_cover.jpg

I understand the first few months, but they were doing the same thing 5 years in. That dont make no sense.
And they had the birds. I'd be chilling without my blindfold until the birds started acting up. And couldn't you look down and not be affected?

And they had the birds. I'd be chilling without my blindfold until the birds started acting up. And couldn't you look down and not be affected?

see... trash ass movie. My wife was even like "Can't they just look down?". Too many glaring plot holes.

... and no monster.

see... trash ass movie. My wife was even like "Can't they just look down?". Too many glaring plot holes.

... and no monster.
With all of my complaints, I still thought it was a good movie. It built suspense very well and was paced well. I liked the back and forth from past to present. It was solid, particularly for a straight to Netflix film. Had a theatrical release level look to it.

How do you get to that point tho? How you figuring that out? Ya'll would have died within minutes to hours lmao.

Read an article on FB that said they originally showed the monster in one scene but that scene was deleted. Cant find that scene online yet though.

I heard about that too. Somebody told me it said that they had a monster scene reveal scene but when they showed it to test audiences it made them laugh every time so they cut it.

Back