Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Big K.R.I.T.- Krit Iz Here

Rate "Krit Iz Here"

• Total voters
Nah. It was different in that he was finally indie and first album under Multi. But the subject matter was nothing new.

If anything it was just an extent of what he was saying on King Remembered in Time in 2013

Or even Cadillactica 2014

Or Its Better This Way 2015

I should have added on to my statement and said also with the music, his interviews for that album helped push the subject matter too.
I just felt to me he was more personal for 4EIAMLT especially with the dual sides.
As I can see you follow Krit so you should understand where I'm coming from.
We in the same neighborhood fam, just on different sides of the street.

Hers the full track by track I mean tot post earlier.

1) K.R.I.T. HERE-Solid introduction track to get you ready for the album. 7/10
2) High End Country (Interlude)-Its an interlude n/a
3) Been Waitin-Awesome track. Really love the bass on this one. Sounds like something Young Wicked would produce/rap over 8/10
4) Make It Easy-laid back chilled track. Krit's flow as nuts on this album. 8/10
5) Addiction (Feat. Lil Wayne & Saweetie)-Nice chilled song. Saweetie did a great job on the chorus. Wayne's verse was unbearable especially when he started mumbling 7/10
6) Energy-Positive uplifting track. Highly catchy chorus. I could definitely see this being a hit if played on the radio. 9/10
7) Obvious (Feat. Rico Love)-The classic track track that you tell a girl your into her. 7/10
8) I Made (Feat. Yella Beezy)-Meh one of the weaker tracks on this album. Generic trap beat and Yella Beezy is highly unimpressive as a rapper 5/10
9) Everytime (Feat. Baby Rose)-Smooth jam. Great song to smoke to(of course I don't smoke anymore) 7/10
10) Believe-Best song on the album. This song is everything you love about Big K.R.I.T. Great production, Strong lyrics and great story telling 10/10
11) Prove It (Feat. J. Cole)-K.R.I.T starts off this song with a fire verse. Really like how the beat changes on the second verse then J.Cole comes on third verse and lays an egg. So disappointing. Rittz would have done much imo(Seriously Im not gonna asking for them to collab again until it happens) 8/10
12) Family Matters-Another sleeper track. Hey you gotta cool down from dropping so much heat from the last three tracks. 6/10
13) ”Blue Flame” (Interlude)-Its an interlude so n/a
14) Blue Flame Ballet-Fantastic track. the chorus really fits this song perfectly 10/10
15) Learned From Texas-A tribute track to all the things texas brought to hiphop. 8/10
16) Outer Space-Some out of this world stuff. 7/10
17) High Beams (Feat. WOLFE de MÇHLS)-Another great slo jam track. 9/10
18) Life In the Sun (Feat. Camper)-Life story track. Kirt is really good at these. 8/10
19) M.I.S.S.I.S.S.I.P.P.I.- The perfect way to end the album. This song just shows how versatile Krit is as in artist. 10/10

Overall 8/10

Interesting take.

Nobody listens to radio, so what's radio standards in 2019?
Fair point, what I meant by radio standards is sonically what's expected and what we are conditioned to. From the hi hats rolled to the 140 bpm tempo, to the claps (that's replace the hard hitting snares from 2010-2014) to elements of autotune, sound delays, rhythms and Melody. That's that standard formula that translates to popular genres now. KRIT production was more southern with bells, soul samples ,etc.

But aint that what evolving is all about? if he put out some shit that sounded like the previous projects then more people would complain that its just the same shit and that he needs to switch it up.
No not exactly he started switching up with his 2nd album but he still did some production on that album this shit here is not hitting the same

I could tell from the first song I wasn't going to like this one as much. Compare the intro to this album to the intros to the others.

Of course this still his best project
Big_KRIT_4eva_N_A_Day-front-large.jpg

"Like it was 1986, yeah I'm back bitch / Big money, subwoofer, Randy Savage "

Only 4 of them are even significant on a 19 track album

Cut out the 2 interludes. You’re left with 17 tracks.

7 tracks got features. I only fucked with 3 of those.

Out of the remaining 10 solo tracks I liked 7.

So again those 4 tracks I don’t fuck with played a part IMO in the difference between a great album and an okay album.

TBH I know I’m only gonna keep 2-3 in rotation so it might be worse than what I’m rating it anyway.

Blue flame ballet
Outer space
Addiction

That’s it for me.

1. K.R.I.T. HERE
2. High End Country (Interlude)
3. I Been Waitin
4. I Make It Easy

5. Addiction f. Lil Wayne & Saweetie
6. Energy
7. Obvious f. Rico Love
8. I Made f. Yella Beezy

9. Everytime f. Baby Rose
10. Believe

11. Prove It f. J. Cole
12. Family Matters
13. Blue Flame (Interlude)
14. Blue Flame Ballet
15. Learned From Texas
16. Outer Space

17. High Beams f. WOLFE de MÇHLS
18. Life In the Sun f. Camper
19. M.I.S.S.I.S.S.I.P.P.I.

Dis me

I gotta listen to it a couple more times to give a fair review. Off first listen, there were not too many songs that were exciting or hit me. "Make it work" is everything I love about krit as an artist and as usual w krit, album is too long. I'll listen to it more and see if it grows on me.

1. K.R.I.T. HERE
2. High End Country (Interlude)
3. I Been Waitin
4. I Make It Easy

5. Addiction f. Lil Wayne & Saweetie
6. Energy
7. Obvious f. Rico Love
8. I Made f. Yella Beezy

9. Everytime f. Baby Rose
10. Believe

11. Prove It f. J. Cole
12. Family Matters
13. Blue Flame (Interlude)
14. Blue Flame Ballet
15. Learned From Texas
16. Outer Space

17. High Beams f. WOLFE de MÇHLS
18. Life In the Sun f. Camper
19. M.I.S.S.I.S.S.I.P.P.I.

Dis me

Won't dis you. Off first listen, this is close to how I had it.

Cut out the 2 interludes. You’re left with 17 tracks.

7 tracks got features. I only fucked with 3 of those.

Out of the remaining 10 solo tracks I liked 7.

So again those 4 tracks I don’t fuck with played a part IMO in the difference between a great album and an okay album.

TBH I know I’m only gonna keep 2-3 in rotation so it might be worse than what I’m rating it anyway.

Blue flame ballet
Outer space
Addiction

That’s it for me.

The fact that you're breaking this down like this is mad wild to me, especially tracks with the feature doing the hook lmao wtf y'all some entitled ass niggas.

Back