Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Big K.R.I.T.- Krit Iz Here

Rate "Krit Iz Here"

• Total voters
I don't know man KRIT is cool but his "evolved" music isn't the same like his other albums (return of 4eva, live from the underground) I like his earlier work way better

I think one thing I noticed for sure was he didn't produce a lot of this album if at all.
Gotta check out the credits to be sure.
I can see how that is throwing people off.
The full credits aren't on tidal, bit he didn't produce any of the ones I've seen.

Because of that this is the first album of his, imo, that sounds better in headphones then it does in the car.

Yeah I gotta listen for the third time but his last album was definitely hard to beat because this ain't that good to me it was straight. Wish he did way more on Mississippi and he didn't have much songs that hit my soul. This album felt like a celebration and solidify that he is comfortable in his life which I can't even be mad at

Kinda disappointed he didn't really have KRIT production. He like the anti J Cole where I feel his production is needed to make his music snap more.

I don't know man KRIT is cool but his "evolved" music isn't the same like his other albums (return of 4eva, live from the underground) I like his earlier work way better

But aint that what evolving is all about? if he put out some shit that sounded like the previous projects then more people would complain that its just the same shit and that he needs to switch it up.

But aint that what evolving is all about? if he put out some shit that sounded like the previous projects then more people would complain that its just the same shit and that he needs to switch it up.
Some rappers stay in their lane and do what they do. Artists on the other hand are always evolving.
I'm embracing his sound and changes.
But when Kendrick did it for TPAB he was praised for it.

I think its normal for most artists to drop their best work early in their careers.

Thats when they their hungriest and the pen flow like piss.

Life is Good is dope. But its no Illmatic.

444 is dope but its no Reasonable Doubt.

Krit Iz Here is cool but no Krit Wuz Here

Cole been chasin his mixtapes as well.

Thats why Kendrick is the superior rapper imo even tho i fuck with Krit more. Kendrick seems to get better with each project which is rare.

I think its normal for most artists to drop their best work early in their careers.

Thats why Kendrick is the superior rapper imo even tho i fuck with Krit more. Kendrick seems to get better with each project which is rare.
The only disagreement I have with your post is if we're comparing albums then 4Eva Is A Mighty Long Time should replace Krit Iz Here.
That was his most personal album to date as far as the subject matter and how vulnerable he was.
His drinking and trying to live up to the pressure amongst his peers was something we hadn't heard at all from him.

In regards to your last statement about Kendrick, I disagree.
Damn was a step back from GKMC and TPAB. He played to the radio more on that one.

I feel like some of y'all gravitate to artists conforming to radio standards as growth and y'all fucks with the reliability of that more. That's why I never understood the DAMN hype but the more and more I think about it it's because I believe alot casuals felt Kendrick was becoming "one of them" and not being a weirdo or left fielder that they assume he was which made the project eaiser to digest and more relatable. I think that's why @Goldie fucks with this KRIT project while for someone like me think this is a step down because yall ears are heard towards the production and tunes are more common and more commercial.

It's not a bad thing, but it's just not something for me. KRIT production is something very unique and dope to him, but I understand why others don't like it and are estatic he worked with other producers for more mainstream appeal. Just not something I looked forward to when listening to Kendrick or KRIT, but an exception to this rule is J Cole

Interesting take.

Nobody listens to radio, so what's radio standards in 2019?

The only disagreement I have with your post is if we're comparing albums then 4Eva Is A Mighty Long Time should replace Krit Iz Here.
That was his most personal album to date as far as the subject matter and how vulnerable he was.
His drinking and trying to live up to the pressure amongst his peers was something we hadn't heard at all from him.
Nah. It was different in that he was finally indie and first album under Multi. But the subject matter was nothing new.

If anything it was just an extent of what he was saying on King Remembered in Time in 2013

Or even Cadillactica 2014

Or Its Better This Way 2015

Where I'm at right now is Krit is who he is. He'll never be known to everyone.
I've excepted this a long time ago.
His path is very reminiscent of UGK, 8Ball & MJG, and 3-6 Mafia.
He'll be respected by his peers but his music will be appreciated after he decides to take a step back.
I used to for a long time hate why all the people who came out around the time he did and a little while never reached out for a feature from him.
It would have been a good look for him because I wanna see him win.
But now I just put that energy into supporting his music. Only other way I can support is going to his shows and getting merchandise.
I ain't trying to argue with people who decide to call him wack or not fuck with him.
All I know is, Krit is dope and he helped me out of a lot dark spaces in different parts of my life with his music. He's always right on time.

This album is cool. Just at 17 tracks its watered down.

But albums with big tracklists are normal in streaming era

If i chose my top 9 or 10 songs and make a playlist it would be AOTY.

Just too many skips. To be placed alongside his classic tapes

Back