Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Biden to officially nominates Kentanji Brown Jackson for US Supreme Court. Update: KBJ becomes 1st Blk woman Confirmed to the SCOTUS

Actually she probably doesn't have more in common with my wife or mom because for most Black people to even have the opportunity to get in that predominately white space they have to receive the "acceptance" of white people which someone like my wife or mom probably would not.

Kentaji has more in common with ACB than she does with my wife.

I don't know what you mean by that. There are plenty of black people that work in white spaces without cow-towing to anyone. You're also contradicting yourself. You claim that your mom and wife wouldn't be accepted by white people, which I assume means they have next to nothing in common with white people, and somehow you're still claiming that they would have more in common with a white woman than Jackson because Jackson is accepted by white people?

I don't know what you mean by that. There are plenty of black people that work in white spaces without cow-towing to anyone. You're also contradicting yourself. You claim that your mom and wife wouldn't be accepted by white people, which I assume means they have next to nothing in common with white people, and somehow you're still claiming that they would have more in common with a white woman than Jackson because Jackson is accepted by white people?

No. I'm saying that Kentaji would have more in common with a white woman than my wife or mom would.

No. I'm saying that Kentaji would have more in common with a white woman than my wife or mom would.

Oh, yeah, that's probably true, but I was saying that she would be a better representative for your wife and mom than a white woman would be. You might not think so, but the fact is that there are some things she might care about as a black woman that would help your peoples that a white would just wouldn't.

It's creepy ,grown ass women were upset and searching who Bronny James was dating and had a 35 page thread and multiple threads on a teenager's dating history and what kind of girls he likes smh.
It wasn't 35 pages , it was 61 pages about Bronny James preferences in girls smh
Wade+James+-+disappointed+GIF.gif

Oh, yeah, that's probably true, but I was saying that she would be a better representative for your wife and mom than a white woman would be. You might not think so, but the fact is that there are some things she might care about as a black woman that would help your peoples that a white would just wouldn't.

And I cannot fully agree with that statement. She is married to a white man and lives a different status life than my wife does. She can say that she cares about helping Black women more than a white woman does but from our perspective there's not a lot of evidence based on the life that she lives that would lead us to believe that.

Just being Black is not reason enough for us to take their word over a white person.

I mean think about this for a second................

Kentaji is a Black woman married to a white man and she's trying to be a SCOTUS.

Clarence Thomas is a Black man marries to a white woman and he is a SCOTUS while his white wife actively tried to overthrow the results of the last election.

So here we have clear evidence of a Black person already in the position she is trying to ascend to that is showing us that being Black is simply not reason enough to rust that that person has our best interest.

And I'm not saying that Kentaji is just as bad as Clarence Thomas just because she Black and trying to be a SCOTUS. I am saying tough that if she thinks that simply being Black should give her more credibility and confidence in her intentions and feelings towards "us: then that bar is so low that it doesn't move anything for us at all................

And I cannot fully agree with that statement. She is married to a white man and lives a different status life than my wife does. She can say that she cares about helping Black women more than a white woman does but from our perspective there's not a lot of evidence based on the life that she lives that would lead us to believe that.

Just being Black is not reason enough for us to take their word over a white person.

I mean think about this for a second................

Kentaji is a Black woman married to a white man and she's trying to be a SCOTUS.

Clarence Thomas is a Black man marries to a white woman and he is a SCOTUS while his white wife actively tried to overthrow the results of the last election.

So here we have clear evidence of a Black person already in the position she is trying to ascend to that is showing us that being Black is simply not reason enough to rust that that person has our best interest.

And I'm not saying that Kentaji is just as bad as Clarence Thomas just because she Black and trying to be a SCOTUS. I am saying tough that if she thinks that simply being Black should give her more credibility and confidence in her intentions and feelings towards "us: then that bar is so low that it doesn't move anything for us at all................

You seem to be very caught up on her being in a mixed raced marriage. Honestly, I don't really give a shit about that. Maybe she isn't your kinda black person. That's fine, but you shouldn't just disqualify her because her life choices aren't ones that you have made. The path she's walked and what she's stood for are very different than that of Clarence Thomas. I agree that we shouldn't just automatically assume every black person is an ally, but we also should assume that ever black person that lived a different life than us is an enemy.

You seem to be very caught up on her being in a mixed raced marriage. Honestly, I don't really give a shit about that. Maybe she isn't your kinda black person. That's fine, but you shouldn't just disqualify her because her life choices aren't ones that you have made. The path she's walked and what she's stood for are very different than that of Clarence Thomas. I agree that we shouldn't just automatically assume every black person is an ally, but we also should assume that ever black person that lived a different life than us is an enemy.

But the path she's walked and what she's stood for is more similar to Clarence Thomas than the average Black person

But the path she's walked and what she's stood for is more similar to Clarence Thomas than the average Black person

Can you give some examples because she was a public defender and typically supported people that someone like Clarence Thomas wouldn't give a fuck about.

damn man we can't be happy for shit.

even if having a black person in a white infrastructure doesnt change anything immediately, look at it this way. The GOP hasn't done all this bickering about her for nothing. They are afraid of losing power which means there is something there wheter we can see it or not.

A hurt dog gonna holla and everytime there is even an inkling of a chance that a black person can get a position of power they start barking like the world about the end.

We got Trump cause 8 years of Obama and the threat of Hilary caused them to place they bets on a wild card.

If you don't care or worse don't think anything is going to change, why even pay these hearings any mind?

Everytime we get a leg up, they change the rules on how the game is played. Only chance we have is to become one of the rule makers ourselves.

You ain't gotta care but unless your option is seeing better results, I don't see the point in all this nay-saying.

damn man we can't be happy for shit.

even if having a black person in a white infrastructure doesnt change anything immediately, look at it this way. The GOP hasn't done all this bickering about her for nothing. They are afraid of losing power which means there is something there wheter we can see it or not.

A hurt dog gonna holla and everytime there is even an inkling of a chance that a black person can get a position of power they start barking like the world about the end.

We got Trump cause 8 years of Obama and the threat of Hilary caused them to place they bets on a wild card.

If you don't care or worse don't think anything is going to change, why even pay these hearings any mind?

Everytime we get a leg up, they change the rules on how the game is played. Only chance we have is to become one of the rule makers ourselves.

You ain't gotta care but unless your option is seeing better results, I don't see the point in all this nay-saying.
That’s cause everyone selfish, they look at everything as how can or does this help me. When newsflash, none of the shit that happens in your generation helps you.

Back