Welcome To aBlackWeb

Video BET’s I Talked To Pimp C: Pimp C Said “ Fu*k Jay Z”

Straight facts; & this is nothing against the east because I listen to some east coast too but in the 90s this is true. Although they're from the midwest but Dayton Family got some air time down here too in the 90s.
the midwest got major love down south. the dayton family still get love down south. i remember when i ran into shoestring when i was working at the mall in nashville. dude was cool as hell. the dayton fam, crucial conflict, common, da brat, do or die, twista, bone, physco drama, etc. were all in heavy rotation down here. shit all of the early midwest artist had to go out west or down south to get a deal. bone went to ruthless, da brat went to so so def, do or die went to rap a lot, physco drama went to suave house. there was no hate in the west or the south. thats why it wa so easy for both coast to recognize who the haters were and call they ass out.

pimp wasn't bout that bullshit and he wasnt about to pretend like he was. he didnt give a fuck and he let it be known. he wasnt trying to be accepted by or play games with a bunch of well known haters. the pimp created his own lane and dared any fuck boys to get in it. he didnt need jay z or his like minded pack of haters to get on and he let it be known. he had at least 2 classic albums under his and belt and another one on the way when big pimpin' came out. pimp c stood on his own while jay z rode big's coattails. that in and of itself tell's me everything i need to know.

Last edited:
Stop this, nobody gave a damn about those dudes outside Houston before Jay put them mainstream.

f46e478aa8968ea2ca90e28ccffa28f0.549x352x73.gif

lol at the UNDERGOUND Kingz giving a fuck about the mainstream. kys dumbass

Last edited:
lol at the UNDERGOUND Kingz giving a fuck about the mainstream. kys dumbass

If no one knows them how are they legends dumbass, you niggas dumb and stop quoting me in here. That dead mf'er wack and y'all wack for defending his wackness. You niggas lose y'all mind when somebody not a fan of who you simpletons like

Bruh, it's called respect

you ain't gotta like it, but you gotta respect

& don't come talkin bout "I don't gotta yah yah yah"

jus shows fuck nigganess

Dope

Never knew Bently's purpose, just thought he was a weirdo

Views change

Yeah me too but this story doesn't paint Pimp in a good light at all. Not unless you're one of those rap fans who inherit the beefs of your favourite rappers
The only people who felt that he didn't get painted in a good light are the ones who not true fans or just got put on to them though

Pimp knew what sound got them to that point

& it wasn't no damn indian flute sample... nah

gimme them church organs & that knock

iay z and ugk both dropped albums in '96 and as good as reasonable doubt was ridin' dirty was 1000x greater. reasonable doubt was a good record but ridin' dirty was a fucking classic. based on '96 alone the pimp knew that he didn't need jay z. ridin' dirty outro>>>>>>>the entire reasonable doubt album.

I don't the think Pimp crowd properly understand why this story makes him look bad.

First of all he done the track and shot the video so integrity couldn't have been that big an issue but more importantly, someone offered him a lucrative financial opportunity they didn't have to offer and Pimp goes on like that? I dunno kinda wack man

Last edited:
I don't the think Pimp crowd properly understand why this story makes him look bad.

First of all he done the track and shot the video so integrity couldn't have been that big an issue but more importantly, someone offered him a lucrative financial opportunity they didn't have to offer and Pimp goes on like that? I dunno kinda wack man

Just because he did the song and shot the video does not mean he compromised his integrity in any way. Seems like plenty of people were talking to him about doing the song and video the whole time. Some one may have given him some perspective about Jay-z and the song he didn't have before. On top of that with the love he had for Bun who was 100% with doing the song and video and his group member he probably thought I ain't going to fuck this up for my folks. So he did the shit but still didn't befriend Jay-z in a manner he felt would compromise his integrity.

Also all money ain't good money. Just because person offers something lucrative doesn't mean its good for said person to take. In regards to doing the song the shit was obviously bigger to Pimp C than just about the money.

Been heard all about this story about big pimpin and IMO the shit neither makes Pimp C look bad or good. It's just him from all accounts and I can respect that.

Last edited:
idk...after reading Cellar's response, i can see what he saying

isnt pimp on record saying he intentionally tried to do a wack verse?

forget him not doing the entire 16 bars, i could've sworn i heard or read that he was hoping to just say anything on the track as a slight to Jay

well...nigga ended up having the verse everybody can recite LMAO

that's still kinda messed up to dislike jay z so much, when jay was a big fan of UGK. i remember reading somewhere that ridin' dirty was one of jay favorite albums, and that inspired him to want to work with UGK in the first place

Idk it's some people that slick disliked or didn't care too much of about someone until they met them. I knew some classmates, childhood friends & etc that were like that. Shid, Pimp & Bun weren't friends before they started UGK. Pimp & Jay became friends later on, so nothing isn't lost here

idk...after reading Cellar's response, i can see what he saying

isnt pimp on record saying he intentionally tried to do a wack verse?

forget him not doing the entire 16 bars, i could've sworn i heard or read that he was hoping to just say anything on the track as a slight to Jay

well...nigga ended up having the verse everybody can recite LMAO
I think he said he was going to do the most country ignorant verse he could muster up just so he wouldnt feel like he was selling out

Back