Welcome To aBlackWeb

Bad Little Boy Goes Off on Cops & Store Security

This is where people lose sight of the big picture. I don't condone children getting out of line with adults in general, that's the parents job. I think a lot of ppl are still traumatized from their childhoods feeling like they didn't have a voice so they encourage kids to pop off.

That leads to all sorts of social issues. Everybody ain't gon be playin with your little disrespectful ass child.
same thing i say.....
gotta stop playing with people. you never know when someone will be having a bad day.

I have to question are some of yall actually currently raising black boys?

Maybe this needs it's own thread, but I'm so tired of screaming and empty threats being looked at as some tough shit, especially when it's done by men (which the boy will be one day)

Maybe in the burbs that shit fly, but I'm an Eastside Detroit nigga. We ain't do that shit when I was coming up because it's weak behavior. You're trying to scare your threat by being loud and irrational

View attachment 246067
you should make that thread.....
alot of people dont understand weak and whats weak,.
but then again ....why is toxic masculinity still promoted?
and why is shit like that still even a thing?

we cant promote shit then be mad at the monster it creates.

like you said...its a bigger picture.

My son stay acting out when I'm not around.

It's a daily struggle.

People who just assume it's the parents really just don't know.

I'm at that school so much is crazy. They call my phone 5-10 times a day. We have conferences. Action plans in place. He's seen 3 different therapists.

Like the shit not a game. A lot of kids you can just Jean on hard enough and they'll conform.

Some kids just don't give a fuck. They gonna do them. My son is one of them. I can 100% see him pulling shit like that

Like I don't think people really understand the conflict in raising black men.

As a father..... You instinctively raise your son to be strong, outspoken, confident, leader, strong willed, determined, aggressive

Then send him into a system that wants him to be passive, complacent, obedient, confirmed, like the fucking opposite...

They don't want strong black leaders....they kill those kids....

So we aggressively attack strong black outspoken men from the very start in fear that they will challenge the wrong authority and be executed as a result....

His teachers have said many times that initially he was right, but because he gets so worked up and refuses to calm down they are often incapable of properly addressing the problem due to his reaction....and that's one of his saving graces

He's highly intelligent...they need his test scores

His parents are very responsive....so they feel comfortable calling me vs sending him to the office

He doesn't go out starting shit, 90% of the time it's a reaction....

Every person I deal with understands that in his core he's a good kid.... But we also recognize he's a strong willed person in a world that would rather he not be....

I can see the 'protect him' nature of the people at the school who work with him..... But we also acknowledge that as a child, he's still immature in a lot of ways, and he has to figure out a way to control these emotions. So we can't save him from all consequences..... It's just fucking difficult

My son stay acting out when I'm not around.

It's a daily struggle.

People who just assume it's the parents really just don't know.

I'm at that school so much is crazy. They call my phone 5-10 times a day. We have conferences. Action plans in place. He's seen 3 different therapists.

Like the shit not a game. A lot of kids you can just Jean on hard enough and they'll conform.

Some kids just don't give a fuck. They gonna do them. My son is one of them. I can 100% see him pulling shit like that
good point. i think in your case he will straighten out. could just be a phase.
i can not see you being present and who you are an him to turn out bad. i cant see it.

As a father..... You instinctively raise your son to be strong, outspoken, confident, leader, strong willed, determined, aggressive

Then send him into a system that wants him to be passive, complacent, obedient, confirmed, like the fucking opposite...

So we aggressively attack strong black outspoken men from the very start in fear that they will challenge the wrong authority and be executed as a result....

His teachers have said many times that initially he was right, but because he gets so worked up and refuses to calm down they are often incapable of properly addressing the problem due to his reaction....and that's one of his saving graces

His parents are very responsive....so they feel comfortable calling me vs sending him to the office

Every person I deal with understands that in his core he's a good kid.... But we also recognize he's a strong willed person in a world that would rather he not be....

I can see the 'protect him' nature of the people at the school who work with him..... But we also acknowledge that as a child, he's still immature in a lot of ways, and he has to figure out a way to control these emotions. So we can't save him from all consequences..... It's just fucking difficult
very good post

I prolly ain't gonna talk too much more on this.... Cuz when it comes to kids, everybody an expert..and niggaz love coming at my neck about everything... But I figured I'd chime in.

But understand this ain't new for us. We been dealing with his behavior attentively for over 5 years. He's 8 now, so since he's been in school. Before school he showed no signs that he would be this much of a behavior issue. He says yes Ma'am and yess sir to adults when I'm around. L
Please and thank you. No talking back, or disrespect at all at home... He save all that shit for school.

We done took off work, sat in his class, seen therapist, had him psycho evaluated... Like we've gone through a lot...so it's not gonna be the simple fix that first pops into people's minds..... Cuz again.... We've exhausted a lot... so it's frustrating talking to people cuz EVERYBODY thinks it's a simple as

"Well... All you gotta do is....."

And I just get tired of that shit.... So I normally don't say much other than it's a daily struggle

i think alot of this comes from confusion.

being accepted
being black
not being a punk and gotta walk a certain way or talk a certain way or think a certain way.

are we encouraging our kids to just be who they are?
im trying to write a thread about dream killers.
its hella dream killers in our communities.

you kill enough dreams and we all become the same.

You hit the nail on the head when you said 90% of the time it's a reaction.

The reaction is what I see needs to be handled differently. Like I said early, we really got this whole going off = being strong mindset right now and that ain't it.

True strength and courage comes in your reaction to difficulty. I don't think anyone can call brother Malcom weak or docile, and you never heard him carry on in a certain way. He spoke his mind and stood by it without empty threats and drama.

That's one thing we a definitely getting wrong these days.

I'ma be that guy and say it, so many of us were raised by women, that we have inherited a lot of their emotional traits without having the opposite energy of a positive male to balance it out. The strongest, most G'd up, most leadership minded men are usually the ones who can control their emotions under pressure. That's a forgotten skillset in our community. Understandably so

I prolly ain't gonna talk too much more on this.... Cuz when it comes to kids, everybody an expert..and niggaz love coming at my neck about everything... But I figured I'd chime in.

But understand this ain't new for us. We been dealing with his behavior attentively for over 5 years. He's 8 now, so since he's been in school. Before school he showed no signs that he would be this much of a behavior issue. He says yes Ma'am and yess sir to adults when I'm around. L
Please and thank you. No talking back, or disrespect at all at home... He save all that shit for school.

We done took off work, sat in his class, seen therapist, had him psycho evaluated... Like we've gone through a lot...so it's not gonna be the simple fix that first pops into people's minds..... Cuz again.... We've exhausted a lot... so it's frustrating talking to people cuz EVERYBODY thinks it's a simple as

And I just get tired of that shit.... So I normally don't say much other than it's a daily struggle
Have you tried putting him in sports, help him work out some of that aggression.

just hold tight......it will get better.

good point. i think in your case he will straighten out. could just be a phase.
i can not see you being present and who you are an him to turn out bad. i cant see it.
Bruh.... He literally got ALL THE PRAISE in church for reading the accomplishments of Winton marsailas while holding my trumpet for black history month program.... Everybody clapping... Telling him how well he did. Encouraging him. You know... Positive reinforcement

Hi to school the next day he throwing a temper cuz he wasn't picked to read in class, and other kids laughed when he got mad about it....

Next thing you know shit flying across the class room, kids all worked up yelling in shit, desks getting flipped over, and my phone being ran....

What happened

They picked Ronnie to read and he laughed cuz I was mad.....

So the whole class had to pay?

Well they was all laughing.

Bruh..... This shit is stressful

Have you tried putting him in sports, help him work out some of that aggression.
Yup..... Our schedules just don't support it.

My wife is a teacher. She doesn't get home till after 5 most nights. And I'm often working out of DC,I have no set schedule. Every day it can be different

My cousin used to take him boxing/wrestling....

Went for like a month. No real change in school, and we took him when we were available.... But he was missing mad days.... Shit just ain't work out.

We're strongly considering moving to va.

She got mad cousins down there. They all play on the same football team and go to the same schools, and they got space down there we can move into....

So it might be a thing soon

But art is his shit. He draws very well, and there's a art after school program that he has shown tremendous growth in

He'll have literally the worst say in school, and then get student of the day in access art after school. He used to get into fights there too, but almost never now..... They stay trying to save his little ass too

"Oh I heard class was kinda rough..... But he's been AWESOME today.... So helpful, so pleasant, and did you see his sculpture??"

:word?:

i think we as men need to speak about our situations mores.

thats the only way we are going to get better.

none of us know it all.....and if someone does come with the all you gotta do is........they need to stf all the way up.

but its also about perspective......dont look at those who are offering advice as you dont want to hear it...look at those who dont say shit as more of a problem.

if it takes a village......lets be the village. anyone against black progression needs to be outted.

one day its your son...the next day its a man daughter. we all need each other to make this work.

ok im done for the day...

Bruh.... He literally got ALL THE PRAISE in church for reading the accomplishments of Winton marsailas while holding my trumpet for black history month program.... Everybody clapping... Telling him how well he did. Encouraging him. You know... Positive reinforcement

Hi to school the next day he throwing a temper cuz he wasn't picked to read in class, and other kids laughed when he got mad about it....

Next thing you know shit flying across the class room, kids all worked up yelling in shit, desks getting flipped over, and my phone being ran....

What happened

They picked Ronnie to read and he laughed cuz I was mad.....

So the whole class had to pay?

Well they was all laughing.

Bruh..... This shit is stressful
trust me ...i get it.
i raised a boy too.

but from this post ...sounds like they stopping him from shining or wanting to shine.
he trying to be great and they playing.

I guess I relate with youngin because I do the same thing. i dont rag on them or nothing but i challenge them. i scream on them and they leave me tf alone.

if you going to shoot me, youre going to shoot me but ill be damned if i dont express myself or call the fuck shit out.

and ill teach my kids the same things.

I know Black folks just want ppl to stay alive and i know this concern is because yall really love him && dont want nothing to happen to him. i know folks are tired of Black ppl dying by the cops, i get it. i truly do

however, we cant let fear get us to the point we become weak or docile.

its dehumanizing.

i rather die on me feet than my knees

When peoples whole goal is just to survive in an oppressive system the concessions they make of themselves to do so they will never see them as living on their knees even though that is exactly what it is.

trust me ...i get it.
i raised a boy too.

but from this post ...sounds like they stopping him from shining or wanting to shine.
he trying to be great and they playing.
Well since I'm talking.....

Current situation

15839257703446982161492505698761.jpg

Reason being.....

One morning my son being the natural leader he is decides

"Hey guys.... Let's go to the gym an play basketball"

A reasonable child replies

"No Amir, we're not supposed to."

My son
"What? You scared? I'm going anyway"

So of course the other two kids follow him......

Little girls who live for this shit run to the assistant principal "Ms Lombardi, about Amir n them went to the gym"

Lombardi marches to the gym.... Orders all the kids to come to her.....

The two little boys..... Immediately run over to her... Cuz you know getting in trouble sucks...

But guess who ain't budging until they make their 10 shots..... "riight"

So now on mornings when I don't gotta be on the road at 6 fucking 30 I walk around to the school and hang out until he gets to class....

I have to question are some of yall actually currently raising black boys?

Maybe this needs it's own thread, but I'm so tired of screaming and empty threats being looked at as some tough shit, especially when it's done by men (which the boy will be one day)

Maybe in the burbs that shit fly, but I'm an Eastside Detroit nigga. We ain't do that shit when I was coming up because it's weak behavior. You're trying to scare your threat by being loud and irrational

View attachment 246067

Bruh relax his threat was too police niggas in every state talk shot to police I’m sure y’all do in Detroit. You trying to put his shit talking to the cops in the same vein as talking shit to niggas on the street and we know it’s not. Why you assuming he would get buck with a random stranger on the street anyway. It’s not the same as police officer.

Where is all this respect the cops thing coming from? You think he spazzed on teachers or his parents? On one hand y’all say express self then other hand it’s act right and show no feelings because it’s the cops. And then y’all taking it further assuming he just gonna spazz on every authority figure.

Back