Welcome To aBlackWeb

AZIZ ANSARI ACCUSED OF SEXUAL MISCONDUCT

Read the email the writer behind the Aziz Ansari sexual misconduct story wrote slamming an HLN anchor who criticized her

• 11h
ashleigh-banfield.png
Ashleigh Banfield on HLN.HLN

• HLN anchor Ashleigh Banfield was one of the most prominent major television personalities to criticize a piece on Babe.net about an unpleasant sexual experience an anonymous photographer had with comedian Aziz Ansari.
  • In the email, the Babe.net writer blasted Banfield, saying she should be "ashamed" she criticized "another woman [who] was brave enough to speak up and add another dimension to the societal conversation about sexual assault."

Ashleigh Banfield admonished a Babe.net writer who lashed out after Banfield criticized the site's recent story detailing a complicated sexual encounter between actor and comedian Aziz Ansari and an anonymous New York photographer.

During her show on Tuesday, the Headline News anchor read an email she said she received from Babe reporter Katie Way - who broke the Ansari story - after Banfield delivered a monologue on Monday critiquing the article, saying it endangered the #MeToo movement on sexual harassment and sexism.

"Ashleigh, someone who I am certain nobody under the age of 45 has heard of, I hope the 500 retweets on the single news write up made that burgundy lipstick, bad highlights, secondwave feminist has-been really relevant for a little while," Banfield read from Way's email.

She added, "The reason I want to share that is because if you truly believe in the #MeToo movement, if you truly believe in women's rights, if you truly believe in feminism, the last thing you should do is attack someone in an ad hominem way for her age - I'm 50 - and for my highlights."

In an email to Business Insider, Babe editor Amanda Ross pointed out that the comments Banfield read on air were "a fraction" of what Way sent to the anchor after an HLN producer asked her to come on the show to discuss the story.

"The way your colleague Ashleigh (?), someone I'm certain no one under the age of 45 has ever heard of, by the way, ripped into my source directly was one of the lowest, most despicable things I've ever seen in my entire life," Way wrote.

"Shame on her. Shame on HLN. Ashleigh could have 'talked' to me. She could have 'talked' to my editor or my publication. But instead, she targeted a 23-year-old woman in one of the most vulnerable moments of her life, someone she's never f------ met before, for a little attention."

Here's Way's email in full:
It's an unequivocal no from me. The way your colleague Ashleigh (?), someone I'm certain no one under the age of 45 has ever heard of, by the way, ripped into my source directly was one of the lowest, most despicable things I've ever seen in my entire life. Shame on her. Shame on HLN. Ashleigh could have "talked" to me. She could have "talked" to my editor or my publication. But instead, she targeted a 23-year-old woman in one of the most vulnerable moments of her life, someone she's never f------ met before, for a little attention. I hope the ratings were worth it! I hope the ~500 RTs on the single news write-up made that burgundy lipstick bad highlights second-wave feminist has-been feel really relevant for a little while. She DISGUSTS me, and I hope when she has more distance from the moment she has enough of a conscience left to feel remotely ashamed - doubt it, but still. Must be nice to piggyback off of the fact that another woman was brave enough to speak up and add another dimension to the societal conversation about sexual assault. Grace wouldn't know how that feels, because she struck out into this alone, because she's the bravest person I've ever met. I would NEVER go on your network. I would never even watch your network. No woman my age would ever watch your network. I will remember this for the rest of my career - I'm 22 and so far, not too shabby! And I will laugh the day you fold. If you could let Ashleigh know I said this, and that she is no-holds-barred the reason, it'd be a real treat for me.

Thanks,
Katie

http://uk.businessinsider.com/aziz-ansari-writer-email-to-hln-ashleigh-banfield-2018-1?r=US&IR=T

Abby Nierman Does Not Deserve To Be Anonymous
aziz-760x486.jpg

Jan 17th, 2018 – 9:15 AM

THE DIRTY ARMY: Nik, Aziz Anzari‘s accusers identity was easily discovered via twitter. I have attached a screen shot from her now deleted Twitter account where she inserts herself into the #metoo movement and accuses Aziz of being her aggressor. This was back in October of 2017. Abby Nierman is a photographer who was also at the Emmy’s in September of 2017. Her Instagram is now private, but I have attached a screen shot from that night. In the published story, we are told that she met Aziz at an Emmy’s party, and that she was also there on a date. Her date’s Instagram page is still public, and he has a picture on the red carpet with her. If you look at the Instagram comments, a user by the name of @snack.hoe says “We look good.” @snack.hoe is Abby’s Instagram page, which was also public until yesterday.

Good work (true) detective.- nik

aziz-twitter-e1516209305231.png

https://thedirty.com/city/manhattan-city/abby-nierman-does-not-deserve-to-be-anonymous/#post-2235267

That brotha is wiping his forehead like "At least it wasn't me this time..." Cause if it was, he probably wouldn't be getting the benefit of the doubt like Aziz.

Anyway, this chick ain't shit, but if her description of the situation is true, why is Aziz so damn thirsty? He's famous enough that he shouldn't have to badger a chick out of the pussy, right?

The whole pressuring a woman into doing something sexual always seemed wack to me. Either she wanna fuck around or she don't. Is this a case of outright sexual assault? No. Is this a case of Aziz clearly ignoring her saying to stop doing some shit and him just pushing to see how far he can go? Yes. If that's some shit you condone then that's fucked up. Its possible for both of them to have been wrong in this. She's wrong for how she went about this story, well more so the person who interviewed her, and he's wrong for not outright stopping when she said no. That no is all that's needed. Don't know why niggas continue to press that shit knowing what it can lead to.

Also its not hard to understand why a woman who is alone with a man in his apartment would feel uncomfortable or pressure to do shit. Niggas cuss women out in broad daylight in public simply for not saying "hi". Imagine how vulnerable a woman makes herself being in someone's home alone and then saying "no".

The whole pressuring a woman into doing something sexual always seemed wack to me. Either she wanna fuck around or she don't. Is this a case of outright sexual assault? No. Is this a case of Aziz clearly ignoring her saying to stop doing some shit and him just pushing to see how far he can go? Yes. If that's some shit you condone then that's fucked up. Its possible for both of them to have been wrong in this. She's wrong for how she went about this story, well more so the person who interviewed her, and he's wrong for not outright stopping when she said no. That no is all that's needed. Don't know why niggas continue to press that shit knowing what it can lead to.

Also its not hard to understand why a woman who is alone with a man in his apartment would feel uncomfortable or pressure to do shit. Niggas cuss women out in broad daylight in public simply for not saying "hi". Imagine how vulnerable a woman makes herself being in someone's home alone and then saying "no".

Go back and read her account. He did stop when she said "No." Before that in her own words, she was using verbal and nonverbal cues and felt that he should have been able to pick up on the fact that she was not comfortable. That might be reasonable if not for the fact that in between her verbal and nonverbal cues, she was sucking his dick and sitting naked in between his legs hoping for a neck rub. She said herself that when she came out and actually told him that she didn't want to have sex, he's the one that suggested they put their clothes back on and just watch TV on the couch.

Go back and read her account. He did stop when she said "No." Before that in her own words, she was using verbal and nonverbal cues and felt that he should have been able to pick up on the fact that she was not comfortable. That might be reasonable if not for the fact that in between her verbal and nonverbal cues, she was sucking his dick and sitting naked in between his legs hoping for a neck rub. She said herself that when she came out and actually told him that she didn't want to have sex, he's the one that suggested they put their clothes back on and just watch TV on the couch.

I read that hence me saying they both could have and should have handled it better and me not saying he sexually assaulted her...but that doesn't mean I don't understand why a woman would feel pressure to do and ends up doing something even if she doesn't want to.

It's getting to the point now that the women who actually go through this won't be believed because other women using it for some kind of publicity. Innocent men will start losing their jobs and nothing will happen to the women bringing forth false allegations.
I disagree I think the way info like this comes out is how it will be judged. The timing of this is all fucked up and while I believe her account of what happened I can still poke holes in it and say it was dumb.

This scenario is some shit that coulda (shoulda) stayed in the group chat with her homegirls and not been made public months after it happened...and if aziz wasn't famous it would have.

I read that horseshit article a couple days ago but needed time to figure out why it irritated me...my thoughts:

1) She complained about him not picking up on her nonverbal cues, yet she decided to ignore all of his that he was tryna smash. They went out to dinner and he asked for the check quickly so they could go back to his apartment...girl....get a clue. He was making it (nonverbally) clear then what he wanted to do.

2) when she finally got some moxie and said she wanted to slow down, he listened and stopped. That was when I knew this was bullshit.

3) look at aziz ansari lolololol does that fuckin goofball look like he knows how to be smooth and seductive with women? He has a whole fuckin show dedicated to telling the world that he's not. So he's supposed to know you didn't wana engage in any sexual activity with him (which she said early on the article) when you went along with everything? Then when you made him aware of what he did that made you uncomfortable, he apologized and said he'd check himself moving forward...yea this is the guy we wana put on blast and who you wana ruin your own reputation over...ok.

Tl;dr you not speaking up is not aziz fault or problem. You were not raped or sexually assaulted or harassed so why are you playing in my face with this shit. Now I gotta know that aziz ansari eats bitches out and sticks his fingers in their mouth (ew) on first dates...not something that I ever needed to know

Last edited:

Lmao. Told yall. He dead ass serious too.

How is it possible, in 2018, for some grown ass women not to know that an invite to the crib late night only means one thing? Of course you're gonna get pressured to fuck you stupid ass bitch!

Back