Ayo who here drives a Charger?

I can’t front...I love my Charger and I’m a proud Charger driver/owner and yeah I be whippin’ that muhfucka like a boss and I prolly do act a lil like it’s my road and y’all just rentin’ space out here...but that week I had to spend where my grill got snatched off...I felt a certain kinda way because niggaz who drive around in grill-less cars are a special breed of hood nigga...I embraced it tho

:ghost:

Former Charger owner (wifey drives one now). Had a 2011, shit gave me nothing but eletrical probelms and was only a v6. Looked good tho and was a good combo of sporty plus having enough room for the kids.

For the last three yrs now, I been in Challengers and they suit me better. Especially this beautiful ass widebody Im in now.

20190914_215453.jpg

they think they have the fastest cars on the road.

Nah thats them impala niggaz and for some odd reason dudes in fusions. And dont get me started with them tokyo drift ass niggas.

At least if you in a Charger/Challenger 5.7 hemi and up, its gone take some serious shit to out run you.

Nah thats them impala niggaz and for some odd reason dudes in fusions. And dont get me started with them tokyo drift ass niggas.

At least if you in a Charger/Challenger 5.7 hemi and up, its gone take some serious shit to out run you.

Eh, I won't say that. An old Neon SRT-4 would hang with the 5.7 R/T all the way up to 150mph. A Saturn Ion Redline Stage 3 can hang with it to 150mph. The Subaru Impreza WRX going back to 2003 will either outrun it or hang with it (depends on which WRX you get), same for the Lancer Evo from '97 to today. In fact, a whooooole lotta cars can either hang with the 5.7 powered Charger/Challenger or outright beat it.

Eh, I won't say that. An old Neon SRT-4 would hang with the 5.7 R/T all the way up to 150mph. A Saturn Ion Redline Stage 3 can hang with it to 150mph. The Subaru Impreza WRX going back to 2003 will either outrun it or hang with it (depends on which WRX you get), same for the Lancer Evo from '97 to today. In fact, a whooooole lotta cars can either hang with the 5.7 powered Charger/Challenger or outright beat it.

I can't see it. You mean in theory or seen it?

That 5.7 hemi is 375hp/410lb torque and the 8sp trans shifts like butter. When I had mine, dudes stayed pulling up in them lil joints and I smoked em everytime. The Hemi pulls like a mutha, especially if you time that release just right that bitch will jump out the gate. I dont know why ppl wanna test it all the time.

When I had my 392 Shaker this dude tried me on 696 in a suped up 4 banger. Of course he got smoked and I'm quite sure the same woulda happened in my 5.7

I think ppl look at the size /weight of the Charger and Challengers and get it fucked up. Yeah the size has some drawback for sure, but still.

Reactions: WilberDMillz
lies, a 5.7 will wreck all the cars you named stock to stock. don't do this modded vs stock thing, its disingenuous.

lies, a 5.7 will wreck all the cars you named stock to stock. don't do this modded vs stock thing, its disingenuous.

The Charger R/T with the 5.7 Hemi ran 0-60 in 5.6 sec until 2011, when it dropped to 5.3 seconds and in 2015 dropped ever so slightly down to 5.2 sec. 1/4 mile times were 14.2 until 2011, where it dropped to 13.8 and it stayed there.

Bone stock, a standard 02/03 Dodge Neon SRT-4 runs 0-60 in 5.6 seconds and hits the 1/4 in 14.2, identical to the Charger R/T up to 2011. However, in 2004 Dodge massaged the SRT a bit and the times dropped to 5.3 sec for 0-60 and 13.8 sec for the 14 mile.

Bone stock, year-for-year the Impreza WRX is simply flat out faster. The only versions that aren't are the WRX wagons and models with that weird ass CVT transmission they introduced in the Justy back in the 80's. The WRX STI's are even faster, knocking down 0-60 in 4 second supercar territory and the Cosworth variant will eat just about anything short of a McLaren with 0-60 coming in 3.6 seconds.

I was wrong about the Lancer Evo's: Year for year they shit on the R/T. The slowest Evos run 0-60 in 5 seconds flat and hit the quarter in 13.8... Those are the slow joints. Every other one hits it in 4 second territory and low 13's for the quarter.

And there's other cars that I intentionally left out because of what they are and their costs new would have been double or triple what a Charger R/T in the same year would be (i.e. Mercedes CL55/65 AMG, S55/65 AMG, 2003+ S600 and CL600 Biturbo, CLK 55 AMG, CLK 63 AMG, and many other variants).

It's a fast car, no doubt, but there's a surprising number of cars that's as fast or flat out faster and you don't need to go to "sports car" territory to find them.

The Charger R/T with the 5.7 Hemi ran 0-60 in 5.6 sec until 2011, when it dropped to 5.3 seconds and in 2015 dropped ever so slightly down to 5.2 sec. 1/4 mile times were 14.2 until 2011, where it dropped to 13.8 and it stayed there.

Bone stock, a standard 02/03 Dodge Neon SRT-4 runs 0-60 in 5.6 seconds and hits the 1/4 in 14.2, identical to the Charger R/T up to 2011. However, in 2004 Dodge massaged the SRT a bit and the times dropped to 5.3 sec for 0-60 and 13.8 sec for the 14 mile.

Bone stock, year-for-year the Impreza WRX is simply flat out faster. The only versions that aren't are the WRX wagons and models with that weird ass CVT transmission they introduced in the Justy back in the 80's. The WRX STI's are even faster, knocking down 0-60 in 4 second supercar territory and the Cosworth variant will eat just about anything short of a McLaren with 0-60 coming in 3.6 seconds.

I was wrong about the Lancer Evo's: Year for year they shit on the R/T. The slowest Evos run 0-60 in 5 seconds flat and hit the quarter in 13.8... Those are the slow joints. Every other one hits it in 4 second territory and low 13's for the quarter.

And there's other cars that I intentionally left out because of what they are and their costs new would have been double or triple what a Charger R/T in the same year would be (i.e. Mercedes CL55/65 AMG, S55/65 AMG, 2003+ S600 and CL600 Biturbo, CLK 55 AMG, CLK 63 AMG, and many other variants).

It's a fast car, no doubt, but there's a surprising number of cars that's as fast or flat out faster and you don't need to go to "sports car" territory to find them.
good job, quoted straight out of a magazine. We're talking about random street and highway encounters, ya know, where trap speeds/horse power mean more. I had a 2000 mustang gt at the time when the srt neon was released. That was a dead nuts race on the highway. the rt charger was a tad faster on the street back then, now with the 8 speed, forget about it. as for the awd cars your quoting times for....lol, on the highway they're Childs play. sure from a stop they get out the hole good but fall flat up top. stock of course.

Reactions: Farris2k1
good job, quoted straight out of a magazine. We're talking about random street and highway encounters, ya know, where trap speeds/horse power mean more. I had a 2000 mustang gt at the time when the srt neon was released. That was a dead nuts race on the highway. the rt charger was a tad faster on the street back then, now with the 8 speed, forget about it. as for the awd cars your quoting times for....lol, on the highway they're Childs play. sure from a stop they get out the hole good but fall flat up top. stock of course.

Fam, I raced for years. I know the difference between running from a light vs at 60-70 mph on a freeway. I've also raced AWD cars, specifically a built 91 Eagle Talon and a Dodge Stealth R/T Twin Turbo and from a dead stop AWD runs it. However, the common perception that RWD is better on the road is overblown 'cause I'm pretty sure Porsche, Lamborghini, Ferrari, McLaren, etc wouldn't make their cars AWD if it detracted from high speed racing.

Mind you, all of those AWD cars are monsters on the track. They're designed to run fast and to overtake other cars at high speeds which is a requirement to be successful at rallying. I've seen a confirmed Nurburgring lap time of 9:07 for a Neon SRT-4 and also watched a Hellcat run the same road course in a barely faster 8:58. The Lancer Evo IX turned in a time of 8:11, Impreza WRX tripped it at 8:10 (8:06 for a WRX STI Spec C).

Fam, I raced for years. I know the difference between running from a light vs at 60-70 mph on a freeway. I've also raced AWD cars, specifically a built 91 Eagle Talon and a Dodge Stealth R/T Twin Turbo and from a dead stop AWD runs it. However, the common perception that RWD is better on the road is overblown 'cause I'm pretty sure Porsche, Lamborghini, Ferrari, McLaren, etc wouldn't make their cars AWD if it detracted from high speed racing.

Mind you, all of those AWD cars are monsters on the track. They're designed to run fast and to overtake other cars at high speeds which is a requirement to be successful at rallying. I've seen a confirmed Nurburgring lap time of 9:07 for a Neon SRT-4 and also watched a Hellcat run the same road course in a barely faster 8:58. The Lancer Evo IX turned in a time of 8:11, Impreza WRX tripped it at 8:10 (8:06 for a WRX STI Spec C).
I grew up the race track bro, the cars you originally mentioned are slow on the highway in stock form. Point is the 5.7 Charger out runs them all. We're not talking about 100k "super cars" so miss me with that Porsche, Lambo, Ferrari talk. They better be faster than a 30k Charger/Challenger. And to be blunt IDGAF about road courses, we're strictly talking straight line speed in STOCK form.

When I get back home i'll post pics of my old Mustang thats currently getting a HCI LS2 swapped into it. Go be a monster on the highway/streets.

I grew up the race track bro, the cars you originally mentioned are slow on the highway in stock form. Point is the 5.7 Charger out runs them all. We're not talking about 100k "super cars" so miss me with that Porsche, Lambo, Ferrari talk. They better be faster than a 30k Charger/Challenger. And to be blunt IDGAF about road courses, we're strictly talking straight line speed in STOCK form.

When I get back home i'll post pics of my old Mustang thats currently getting a HCI LS2 swapped into it. Go be a monster on the highway/streets.

why?

You could have massaged the 4.6 yourself with bolt-ons to get close to 300hp (with goo gobs of torque to go with it), or you could just get a 400+ hp crate 4.6L and just swap that. Shit, for all that you coulda swapped the 4.6 with an old built 5.0 and it prolly woulda bee cheaper and less complex that an LS2.

Them taillights be fuckin up a niggas commute. Soon as you see them you have to slow down bcuz it might be popo. Then you creep closer just to see it's some bitch nigga that is holding back traffic. Once you pass them, everybody passes them just to get behind another one a couple of miles ahead.

Last edited: